• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ASleepingMonkey

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Iowa
With the announcement of Burnout Paradise being remastered for the current consoles, I came up with a fun thread.

You can remaster or remake (a la Crash Bandicoot collection or SOTC) any game you want and add/remove any features you'd like. You can do a collection of a series if you'd like.

What game are you picking and what changes would you make?

Mine would be a Call of Duty: Modern Warfare trilogy remaster.

Put that beautiful glossy look of MWR on 2 and 3 with 4K for Xbox One X and PS4 Pro, mix the multiplayer modes of each game into one large multiplayer mode (with playlists dedicated to single games such as just Modern Warfare 2 maps and modes if players prefer it). The killstreaks, the maps, all in one bag. You could go from playing Search and Destroy on Highrise from MW2 to Domination on Crash from MW1 in a span of 60 seconds or so.

The campaigns would seamlessly blend together, you'd have all the co-op modes in one area. It would be the ultimate collection for Call of Duty fans and there could even be some tweaks to gameplay like MWR did so there can be new additions and whatnot.

m00sician

Oct 29, 2017
Xenogears. But not like these shitty 1:1 Remakes that offer better graphics, I want a full on remake that also includes all the non existing content the second disc tells us about.

Pfroebbel

Oct 28, 2017
Easy for me:
A Remake of Battlefield Bad Company 1&2 (as Collection) with the actual Engine but max 12 vs 12 or 16 vs 16 Players and a combined MP with all the Maps from 1&2 in one

Deleted member 8408

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Project Gotham Racing 4 because its probably the least likely thing that would ever happen. Can't even get it on BC.

Failing that then Metal Gear Solid 1 through to 4.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Jazz Jackrabbit 2. One of the best (if not the best) 2D platformers ever. Lovely artstyle, fantastic soundtrack, incredibly fast and technical gameplay, tons of great weapons, fun battles, a level editor, nice humor... just up the resolution, rework some sprites an dbring it to modern platforms. People would love it.

Deleted member 9971

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Zelda Twilight Princess, Shadow of the Collosus style and fix the general flaws. I think somethin like that Wii U tech demo trailer would be insanely awesome. Hopefully someday......

But honestly that is to no surprise since i will have 3 twilight princess related tattoo's soonish :P already have 2 (wolf link & imp midna + soon midna's humanoid form)

Khalme

Feb 5, 2018
The Mana games. Especially Seiken 3 and Legend of Mana.
I mean a proper high quality 2D remake with brand new assets and gorgeous hand drawn backgrounds.

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
I'd love to see a remake of Midwinter 2. I think that's a title that could be fantastic if it was brought up to date. Failing that I'd also love to see either Fate of Atlantis or Carrier Command dragged into the 21st century.

Braag

Nov 7, 2017
Remake Vampire the masquerade bloodlines or give us a sequel... I feel like I've been saying this for 10 years now.

dark494

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Seattle
Soul Blazer. Feels like such a forgotten gem these days. Game seems like a good candidate for a 3rd-person action hack & slash rpg

Forkball

Oct 25, 2017
Paper Mario

HD graphics akin to Color Splash and add onto the battle system to make it like TTYD. Instant GROAT (greatest remake of all time).

Nov 18, 2017
Metal Gear Solid
High res graphics, but evoking the Ashley Wood art style. I'd keep the plot and script identical but flesh out the stages in between cut scenes (ie. add more interiors to traverse). Must stress: NOT Twin Snakes.

Resident Evil 2 & Nemesis (combined)
A la REmake with tank controls, but add Claire's friend Elza Walker as an additional playable character with her own spin-off story.

Metroid Prime
Mario Galaxy 1 & 2 (combine somehow?)
Purely graphical updates. I'd love Galaxy 2 with the hub world of 1.

FFVII
I like what they're doing with it so far.

GTA (top down, 2D)
Not Chinatown wars, but I'd love a game that plays and handles like GTA2 from a birds-eye view, but with a graphical style similar to the original, just much more detailed and complex.

I'm getting my wish with some of these.

Krooner

Oct 27, 2017
Commandos: Behind Enemy Lines - do the series while you're on, it's a shame this type of game has all but disappeared. I played Shadow Tactics in January, and it made me realise how much I enjoyed them, Would be nice to play them when I'm not 11 and cheating my way through the harder levels too.

ethanradd

Oct 30, 2017
Modern Warfare 2 mostly, since they don't seem to want to bring it to Xbox BC, I suppose it's just a matter of time until Activision does remaster it.

Cranster

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Mass Effect 3. I would literally rewrite a good chunk of the game and make a better ending.

Pottuvoi

Oct 28, 2017
It Came from the Desert.

a lovely game and with more events and choices would be really amazing.

Ramstein

Dec 3, 2017
Half-Life 3. It was "in development" so I would "re-MAKE" it.

Barring that, ETERNAL DARKNESS PLEASE!

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Ape Escape. And yes I'm aware there was a remaster on PSP but holy fuck I would LOVE a remake akin to the N Sane trilogy for Ape Escape 1-3.

Habimaru

Oct 29, 2017
Tombi, without a doubt. Hand-drawn sprites and environment. More content. Keep the european intro music.

Akumasama

Nov 8, 2017
Italy
Xenogears.

Mid budget graphic engine to safe on development time and resources.
Full gameplay/story in what used to be the original's second disk.
Deeper battle system, more features, more stuff to do and unlock.