• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
FernandoRocker
Oct 25, 2017
México
Just took this picture with the front camera:

UcGs5YNl.jpg

Deleted member 1445

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is there going to be an Exclusive Edition (855+, 12GB) of the Mi 9T Pro like the K20 Pro has at some point?

Deleted member 1445

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm actually eyeing the Realme X2 Pro right now. 256 + 12 GB with 855+, nfc, 90hz, all the good stuff for 499.

I'd take an Exclusive Edition of the 9T Pro over this, but there's no word on if it will ever come to the EU though.

Anton Sugar

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just got mine in the mail! First time with this phone AND Android. Any tips? Should I ignore/uninstall all these Mi apps or are they good for anything?

OP
OP
FernandoRocker
Oct 25, 2017
México
Just got mine in the mail! First time with this phone AND Android. Any tips? Should I ignore/uninstall all these Mi apps or are they good for anything?
Well, first of all, congrats!

Which version did you buy? Mi 9T or Mi 9T Pro? I'm asking to give you some tips.

Also, if this is your first time using Android, I suggest you to download Poco Launcher. A launcher is the name given to the part of the Android user interface that lets users customize the home screen. Most Android phones have an app drawer in their launcher; that means, all the app shortcuts are inside a menu, and you only put the ones you want on your homescreen. MIUI doesn't have an app drawer by default. It puts all apps in the homescreen (like iOS). MIUI will have an app launcher pretty soon (already in beta versions), but for now, you can use Poco Launcher. Poco Launcher is also created by Xiaomi, but it has an app drawer.

OP
OP
FernandoRocker
Oct 25, 2017
México
Mi 9t! Thanks, I just installed that launcher
If you have Mi 9T, then the update to MIUI 11 + Android 10 should be available. Check Settings > About > System Update. But I would suggest to do a factory reset after applying the update. This is a major update (going from Android 9 to Android 10).

If you do a factory reset after updating to Android 10, you will start afresh with a clean install. But that's just my personal preference.

Anton Sugar

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If you have Mi 9T, then the update to MIUI 11 + Android 10 should be available. Check Settings > About > System Update. But I would suggest to do a factory reset after applying the update. This is a major update (going from Android 9 to Android 10).

If you do a factory reset after updating to Android 10, you will start afresh with a clean install. But that's just my personal preference.
Thanks! I did get the MIUI 11 update but not Android 10. I'm on 9 PKQ1 and it says no updates are available yet. Maybe ATT hasn't pushed the update?

Otherwise, phone is fantastic so far. Full day of regular use, including using Google Maps navigation for about 25 mins on the way home and back, listening to podcasts, etc., and I'm at 62% battery.

Really glad I sprang for the 128GB model, as well.

What is your opinion of the Xiaomi apps? I saw some posts about privacy concerns, but haven't found much reading on them. Is there any other way to backup texts on this phone, aside from using their Cloud app?

Titanpaul

Jan 2, 2019
Are posts stating: "Not in Apple ecosystem, pass" or "No iMessage, pass" real or troll

if real: why would you come in an android thread

Anton Sugar

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not sure if this is an Mi9t specific question or more general Android, but what's up with group messages getting split up into individual texts/threads? Can't seem to find a setting for that.

Anton Sugar

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ever since I installed MIUI12, I can't send media or group texts with Android Messages. It says "Network is not ready. Try again." Any ideas? I have no idea what could cause this.

Deleted member 46493

Banned
Aug 7, 2018
The iMessage thing is a little overblown online to derail threads. While it's true we don't use WhatsApp, people are fine with instagram or Facebook Messenger which are slowly becoming the same with WhatsApp.