• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SolVanderlyn

I love pineapple on pizza!
Oct 28, 2017
Earth, 21st Century
I love Ghostbusters 1/2.

ghostbusters1.0.0.jpg

I don't know why...

I just do.

The humor, plot, and set pieces are all super cheesy, even by 80's standards. Nothing about it on paper calls out to me. In fact, it looks like something I'd passively avoid (as in, I'd see it if a friend made me, but I wouldn't rent or buy it on my own). But for some reason, its indescribable soul is immensely appealing to me.

I think this kind of unexplainable undercurrent is the most powerful draw to any form of media, or of art in general. I also think this is why sequels so often fail to capture the spirit of the original - because they try to pick out what details people loved, and it becomes a slightly more corporate exercise in entertainment. It takes away a bit of the pristine soul of the original.

Does anyone have any idea what I'm talking about? Do you feel the same way about anything?

OrangeNova

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Straight guy, I wouldn't say 0 interest in fashion but I wear cargo shorts, main interests are gaming and gundam model kits.

Drag Race and the Drag community is awesome, and it's just super fun to watch and go to shows and stuff.

blame space

Resettlement Advisor
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
the reason critics exist is because most people have no idea why they like what they like and someone somewhere has deemed an outside opinion marketable.

blame space

Resettlement Advisor
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
and that's fine. i wish more people acknowledged that they just like what they think is good and stop trying to legitimize it poorly.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I feel like this when I'm micro-managing the way my characters look in video games. I will spend literally 30-40mins in a video game just transmogging my gear to make my character look a certain way. And then I will do it again maybe an hour or two later. It's not just about looking cool. Its about having everything JUST right. It makes me happy and i enjoy it.

But for the life of me if you told me to explain exactly what it is I enjoy about it then I wouldn't be able to do so in a way a human being could understand.

Dec 22, 2017
I unironically love Thunder in Paradise with Hulk Hogan and Chris Lemon. I got the bootleg DVD's and rewatched the entire series and it's still great.

Jon Carter

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rollerball 2002. I don't know. It's cool and interesting enough despite being a clusterfuck butchered in the editing room.

rasu

Dec 22, 2017
Joe Pera Talks with You. Honestly, I tried to show Joe Pera to some roomates/friends of mine and they just weren't into him! They asked me "what was so great about him/the show?" and... I couldn't tell them. I don't know what it is about Joe Pera that I find so enduring/hilarious/wonderful!

Boy

Apr 24, 2018
LIfetime movies from the 90s. As a kid growing up , i've always watched them.