• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 48434

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 8, 2018
Sydney
I could walk outside and get hit by a car.
I could have a fatal crash on my way to work.
I could fall down the stairs and snap my neck.
My cat could scratch me and I could get a fatal infection (I won't hold it against her though, she's too cute.)
My heart could just fuckin stop in the next minute. Stupendously unlikely, but possible.
I mean, we all know it's possible for death to knock at any time, and we like to say as much, but do we REALLY stop to consider our fragile existence instead of brushing it off with a "Nah, probably not gonna happen."
It's one of those things you always think is gonna happen to someone else.

Poppy

Oct 25, 2017
richmond, va
only when crossing the street

i mostly try not to die from cars because i think dying to some moron looking at their phone and splattering me on the pavement is the biggest waste of life ever

otherwise, i'll die whatever way and not think too hard about it

Dultimate

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, kinda. There's so many ways you can just be done for it's kind of staggering if you really think about it. Not to mention finding out that you have some kind of illness that's fatal.

whytemyke

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I feel like it's similar to a waitress carrying a tray full of glasses--

If you just walk with your head up everything will be fine, but the moment you stop to worry about spilling the glasses off the tray, you'll slip up and everything comes crashing to the ground.

You worry about helping those around you and being a good person, and everything else will work itself out.

Oct 27, 2017
only when crossing the street

i mostly try not to die from cars because i think dying to some moron looking at their phone and splattering me on the pavement is the biggest waste of life ever

otherwise, i'll die whatever way and not think too hard about it
Hit on the head by a falling dildo from a skyscraper?

Laserbeam

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Yes.

Sometimes when I'm on my motorcycle I feel extra in touch with death. Not really in a morbid way, but HYPER aware.

and yeah, also in just normal moments.

jman2050

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, this tends to happen quite a bit with chronic anxiety.

Fortunately it's not the type of thing you dwell on too long in the middle of taking care of life's responsibilities but some of those days where you're in bed and not able to sleep and start pondering all the different ways you or people you love can just die without notice is quite a rough time.

ibyea

Oct 25, 2017
If I see one of those freak accident or random shooting stories, I think about it.

Poppy

Oct 25, 2017
richmond, va
Hit on the head by a falling dildo from a skyscraper?
at least that would be a little more novel

cars are like one of the leading causes of death and it's mostly caused by poor decisionmaking and comical ineptitude and or apathy

dying from something really stupid is at least printable in uncle john's bathroom reader, getting hit by a car is like the biggest shrug of ending a life i can think of

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
Control decisions you can control regarding your health and safety.

After that, what ever happens...happens.

You did your part.

Aug 1, 2018
I get freaked out every time I hear about a relatively healthy person just straight up dying in their sleep.

Oct 27, 2017
at least that would be a little more novel

cars are like one of the leading causes of death and it's mostly caused by poor decisionmaking and comical ineptitude and or apathy

dying from something really stupid is at least printable in uncle john's bathroom reader, getting hit by a car is like the biggest shrug of ending a life i can think of
Getting hit by a car by someone getting head ala Thinner?

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Given the two near fatal car accidents I've been in you'd think I'd stay the fuck away from winter driving.

Doggg

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Nov 17, 2017
Yep. It's kind of a relief. The world may be going to shit, but hey, I could have an aneurysm tomorrow, which makes worrying kind of pointless.

Shake Appeal

Oct 27, 2017
Always blows my mind to learn many people don't think about their death and the death of all their loved ones multiple times a day.

slow-twitch

Oct 25, 2017
We are all already dead. You cannot have life without death.
This should be the ultimate motivation to not waste our life away.

"It is not death that a man should fear, but he should fear never beginning to live."
-Marcus Aurelius

Luap

Oct 26, 2017
I remember talking to an EMT who said that a decent amount of (usually elderly) people are found dead on their toilet seats. It's bad enough having a family member/neighbor/friend find your dead body, but to also find out I died while taking a dump? Man that's just embarrassing.

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
Yes. I've learned not worry about it by focusing on the moment and taking precautions. Paying attention to cars on the road, chewing my food well, looking out for ice when I'm walking, etc.

What else can I do? It's just a fact that human beings are prone to injury and doomed for death, lol.

I just wish anti-aging research got as much finding as the US military. I want to live long and stay well.

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
Probably once a week or once every two weeks I think about how random deaths can be. But I don't think about my own death.

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
I remember talking to an EMT who said that a decent amount of (usually elderly) people are found dead on their toilet seats. It's bad enough having a family member/neighbor/friend find your dead body, but to also find out I died while taking a dump? Man that's just embarrassing.
That's way better for the person concerned than some violent death. I'd take it.

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
To be honest I always felt it was weird a lot people didn't realize (or probably more accurately accept) this until their mid-life crisis, similar to how a lot of people fool themselves into thinking they have way more control over their life/circumstances than they do.