• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Gowans

Oct 27, 2017
North East, UK
I thought I've give this an extra shout out 'alert' to the community for those not checking in on the deal thread, this deal feels like stealing.

How to Guide
www.theverge.com

How to save hundreds on 36 months of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate

The conversion from a Xbox Live Gold account is the key.

Deal Guide

Era Thread of Deal

*Redditors believe this could be till the 4th of July
Edit: Also shown here

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2017
I did this. Anyone know what happens if I have add more Xbox Live Gold months before the Ultimate sub ends in may 2020? Will be added to that or be seperate again?

OP
OP
Gowans

Gowans

Oct 27, 2017
North East, UK
If I've already activated the 1$ trial, is it too late for me to add more?

The first time you do this your existing subscriptions will be converted at a 1:1 ratio, then after you've upgraded to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, any further Gold redemptions to your account will be converted as follows...
  • 1 month Gold = 20 days Ultimate (3:2)
  • 3 months Gold = 2 months Ultimate (3:2)
  • 12 months Gold = 4 months Ultimate (3:1)

Lunatic

Oct 27, 2017
Is this an oversight? Seems like it's been long enough that MS would have nipped it in the bud by now if it were though.

Bear and bird

Oct 27, 2017
The first time you do this your existing subscriptions will be converted at a 1:1 ratio, then after you've upgraded to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, any further Gold redemptions to your account will be converted as follows...
Ah well. You win some and you lose some. Better than nothing I guess.

VHS

Alt account
Banned
May 8, 2019
So I did the $1 gamepass pc deal. Can I buy 3 years of Xbox gold for 3 years of gamepass still?

oofouchugh

Oct 29, 2017
Night City
wait so I have like 10 months of gold on my account and pay for the $1 trial it just converts all that existing time into the Ultimate Pass???

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Create new account on your Xbox, set it as primary account for the Xbox, buy three years of gold, one month of game pass, migrate to ultimate....profit???

wait so I have like 10 months of gold on my account and pay for the $1 trial it just converts all that existing time into the Ultimate Pass???

Yes it does

3bdelilah

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Is this specifically for the Xbox Game Pass or PC as well? Sounds like an amazing deal if it's PC as well.

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
I got an 1S and bought the 3 month ultimate trial from Amazon as it was going cheap. Does this mean I'm not able to do this?

Oct 26, 2017
I haven't upgraded anything yet. So if I buy 36 months of gold, and then do the conversion should I get 3 years of ultimate?

Mercenary09

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My Xbox Live Gold is good until December this year. My Game Pass is good until January 2022. If I do the conversion how much time do I get?

Senator Toadstool

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have normal gamepass through december can I still buy more live and use this?

Zonal Hertz

Banned
Jun 13, 2018
I'm covered up to 2022 now, thank you for making this thread. This is a deal I can't pass up even though I'm only probably going to use the PC side of the pass.

Deleted member 49804

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 21, 2018
  • 1 month Gold = 20 days Ultimate (1.5:1)
  • 3 months Gold = 50 days Ultimate (1.8:1)
FTFY

Oct 25, 2017
It's less impressive if you only play PC. This deal makes the PC Game Pass 50% off for three years, but not counting the time that the PC Game Pass is in "beta" status in which case you are getting no discount at all because the beta price is 50-60% off already.

rafiki

Alt account
Banned
May 18, 2019
Fantastic value, MS pulling all the stop here. i essentially paid $150 for 36 months of Ultimate.

Way to get people locked into XBL. Looks calculated move to combat Stadia and Sony

mclem

Oct 25, 2017

Is that only while your sub is retained, or does it mean you can't go back to a non-GamePass Live sub at all?

That's the one thing preying on my mind a bit, I don't want to be forced into buying a *full* GamePass Ultimate sub to just play online content beyond the expiry of this current one.

Edit: Ah, this in the FAQ covers that:

If I no longer want Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, can I go back to Xbox Game Pass for Console or Xbox Live Gold?
You can cancel Xbox Game Pass Ultimate by signing in at www.xbox.com/accounts, and sign up again for Xbox Live Gold or Xbox Game Pass for Console.

That's good, I didn't want to be locked-in, just in case. I'm enough of a collector that I think I couldn't justify a full-cost Ultimate sub, but the discounted one is excellent.

Last edited:

superjona

Oct 27, 2017
Let's say I have Gold that extends beyond 2022 - will that be a problem? Will Game Pass Ultimate convert up until 2022 or won't it work at all?

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's telling me to hold off redeeming my third year. Is it because I got the extra two months for free? How can I redeem the third year before doing the next step?

zedox

Oct 28, 2017
Let's say I have Gold that extends beyond 2022 - will that be a problem? Will Game Pass Ultimate convert up until 2022 or won't it work at all?
You shouldn't even have gold after 2022...it will just convert whatever gold u have into ultimate... But u shouldn't be able to get gold past that.