• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Quick PSA for those who have yet to download it. Once it's installed it's yours for good but you need to download it before March 11th.

Irikan

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I really like what I've played of the demo, but I really struggle with the framerate, especially when you fight big ennemies. I hope it gets better for the final release, at least a stable 30fps.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
i didn't like the demo much, but it's free so people should try it for themselves. for me the issue wasn't so much the performance, but the gameplay didn't click with me and i found it confusing. i'm optimistic tho that the performance issues are going to get fixed by the time the game is released.

deadfolk

Oct 25, 2017
I really wish I liked it. The look and feel is great, but the gameplay just did not click with me. Maybe I'll try it again.

Deleted member 36622

Banned
Dec 21, 2017
It was a fine demo but it needs polishing on the gameplay also.

Like when you lose your arsenal I don't understand the idea of you running around, waiting to die. Give me an option to repair it on the fly either mine or one defeated.

Zephy

Oct 27, 2017
I doesn't have that awesome feel of inertia while still being quick and agile like Armored Core 4 had, and the Switch controller isn't great for this type of game... I didn't enjoy the demo and didn't finish it. But I'll definitely try it again in the future, I hope it will click with me next time.

Anyway anyone interested should download it and make an opinion for themselves, it's free.

Ninjadom

Oct 25, 2017
London, UK
Great demo!!

I loved it. The demo will still be playable after the removal date though won't it? Unlike the Dark Souls Remastered demo.

olobolger

Oct 31, 2017
Andalusia
Crossposting from the other thread.

I received the survey today (I downloaded the demo the day after the Direct though), so if any of you were still expecting it, it seems they are still sending them. I'll be very happy to add some feedback (basically the same most of you commented around here, though I have enjoyed the demo as it is still).

Velezcora

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 16, 2017
I was surprised the demo was a seperate item on the eshop unlike all the other demos. I guess they really intended it to be a testing ground to get feedback on the game. I wonder if they'll release a final demo close to release or if that it until you buy the thing. I'd hope they'd put out a second demo to show they took the feedback seriously.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
I really like what I've played of the demo, but I really struggle with the framerate, especially when you fight big ennemies. I hope it gets better for the final release, at least a stable 30fps.
Just a psa, the demo build is from e3 last year meaning it's likely over a year old at this point and a lot has likely improved

maneauleau

Oct 25, 2017
Netherlands
It was a fine demo but it needs polishing on the gameplay also.

Like when you lose your arsenal I don't understand the idea of you running around, waiting to die. Give me an option to repair it on the fly either mine or one defeated.
Oh yeah this part I don't understand. Supposedly you should be able to complete the mission on foot with your grenades and such but not sure it's appealing and it feels even more clunky than the mech gameplay. Maybe when your character is upgraded thanks to the lab then it's viable? But honestly this is a mech game I think they should focus on mechs only and indeed just use the human characters to do repairs on the fly or to 'steal' another mech

Irikan

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Just a psa, the demo build is from e3 last year meaning it's likely over a year old at this point and a lot has likely improved
Oh that's great to know! It sucks that it was our first hands on with the game though. I hope they release another demo that's from a recent build before the release of the game.

Linde

Banned
Sep 2, 2018
I liked it!
Wonder if they'll give out some kind of bonus with the full game if you played the demo

AfropunkNyc

Nov 15, 2017
Didn't like it at first but playing it more over and over and over and then i loved it. Hopefully the full package puts multiplayer first and single campaign last.

Oct 25, 2017
it has potential, but my god does the game run horrible when shit happens. Feels like the fps is at the teens at times.

Hope it gets some proper performance passes before launch

mugwhump

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 27, 2017
I'm pretty interested in this after the demo. I wish there was some place I could give feedback, since I didn't get the survey.

NoKisum

Nov 11, 2017
DMV Area, USA
Ugh, I still haven't booted it up despite downloading it day 1. Stupid work convention stuff. Can I still activate it after the 11th or is it a timed demo?

maneauleau

Oct 25, 2017
Netherlands
Ugh, I still haven't booted it up despite downloading it day 1. Stupid work convention stuff. Can I still activate it after the 11th or is it a timed demo?
Indeed as mentioned in the OP ^^'

I'm pretty interested in this after the demo. I wish there was some place I could give feedback, since I didn't get the survey.
I also didn't receive the email but they said they also accept feedback via social media

duckroll

Oct 25, 2017
Singapore
I was surprised the demo was a seperate item on the eshop unlike all the other demos. I guess they really intended it to be a testing ground to get feedback on the game. I wonder if they'll release a final demo close to release or if that it until you buy the thing. I'd hope they'd put out a second demo to show they took the feedback seriously.
Wasn't Octopath the same?

Mexen

Oct 26, 2017
I think I went past the character customization and the first misson/test.
I struggled with liking the demo but I guess I only saw the basics. Will give this another try this weekend or something.