• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperNerd3000

Oct 25, 2017
DICE themselves, in 2014, ADMITTED they did not know how Bad Company 2 turned out to be so special.

I want Bad Company 3 as much as the next guy, but after the borefests of BF3/4/1 and the Battlefronts, I've given up hope on anything that modern-day DICE gets involved with.

All this combined, makes me think that I'm better off putting the BC series into memory. Even if Bad Company 3 did come out, what hope is there in the game if the developer themselves can't even pinpoint what made Bad Company 2 special in the first place? Man, not much.

Deleted member 29682

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
As far as SP goes I still prefer BC1, but I didn't play enough of 2's multiplayer to say which was better overall.

DaciaJC

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Sorry to hijack but was 2's campaign as good as the original?

Not really, it did away with the open-level design in favor of linear environments and setpieces. The humor also wasn't as much a focus but was still there, especially in idle conversations between the squaddies.

I still enjoyed it quite a bit, though, it's far better than the crap in BF3/4.

Dylan

Oct 28, 2017
I have Battlefield 1 still installed. I don't think I put more than 4 hours into that game. Worth getting into? Is the SP actually worth it? I tried once and stopped on the first plane mission.

MisterB_66

Oct 27, 2017
What made it special was they they concentrated on rush and designed the maps around that mode. It sucked for those who prefer conquest but damn if it wasn't exactly what I wanted.

Oct 27, 2017
Campaign in BC2 was a huge downgrade but even then it was much better than later BF games.

I agree with you OP though, I am not getting hyped nor will I care until they prove themselves. I also won't touch it if any micro transactions is in the game.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
The original had a goofy (I liked it) plot set in very open maps, the sequel was all COD-like and serious, in much more linear maps for the most part.

People don't talk about how awesome BFBC2 is because of the campaign though, it's all about the multiplayer.

It's more serious than the original, but it's still funny and has its own identity

It's not like the mainline BF campaigns that came afterwards and are super serious like CoD's campaigns. The Bad Company crew is still hands down the best cast in a military-style FPS.

Barrel Cannon

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
What if the new battlefield is Bad Company 3. Imagine..... a battle royal with bad company levels of destruction.

SweetNicole

The Old Guard
Oct 24, 2017
Ah yes, I always enjoy threads with clickbait titles and vague "DICE themselves said" with no links to said quotes or evidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.