• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
That deal sucks.

The wait between announcement to release is usually not even that long, and you just play the tons of other great games that are out now in the mean time.

Even if the wish has to be videogame related I'd want it to be a way more significant than that.

hibikase

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The idea that God would make a deal about a video game is super depressing.

ComputerBlue

Oct 25, 2017
This is some bizarre shit. Are you doped up OP?

Who the fuck would give up a kidney to play a game early? And what kind of God would be making that sort of offer?

Gamefaqs is spilling over.

Oct 27, 2017
I don't believe in god but if he/she came to me somehow I certainly would not ask for anything video game related. How about eternal life for you and your loved ones?

Oct 27, 2017
I don't believe in god but if he/she came to me somehow I certainly would not ask for anything video game related. How about eternal life for you and your loved ones?

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I think you have no idea how horrible games in development stages are.

Plus you can't guarantee your kid won't need a kidney some day or that your remaining one won't fail you.

Can just wait.

Dogui

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
I can wait some time to play videogames and cancelled stuff will be obviously incomplete, so i wouldn't care.

Also i like the idea of having a second kidney if the first one fails. It's pretty neat design, tho it's stupid how there isn't two of everything else.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Why the hell is god coming down from the heavens just to talk to me about video games, god I need money.

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
I am going to check with the devil, he will probably make me a better offer. He owns the souls of most publisher executives so he would probably let me choose what games and consoles are released. Your god is very anti consumer.

FreddeGredde

Oct 27, 2017
Something you all seem to not be considering is that he would give you all games not only in its finished form months and years before actual release, but also FOR FREE.

This is a good deal after all, because you won't have to spend money on games anymore. Also, you're still allowed to write about the games. I'm pretty sure you could make a pretty good buck from reviews and details coming out months before the game comes out.

You could buy a new kidney with that money, if you needed one.

I'll do it, God! Let's make this happen!

Jaypah

Oct 27, 2017
This could have been accomplished with a genie or a wizard. "Same thing bro, hurdur!".

Anyway, that deal is trash.

ThorHammerstein

Revenger
Nov 19, 2017
If Alanis Morissette came and made such an offer, well, I'd like to think that Alan Rickman would accompany her to speak as I would like to keep my head.

But no, I'm sure I'll need my kidneys to process stuff in my body and unless it was a close family member, I would prefer to keep mine. There is no game that takes priority over that.

And just in a what-if situation, I've always wondered what Super Mario 64-2 would have been.

LordBaztion

Oct 27, 2017
Lima PerĂş
I already made a pact with God (Sacraments) but following the OP, I wouldn't give my kidneys, I rather have a healthy life. Also, I probably wouldn't have enough time to play those games, anyway.

Deleted member 5727

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, early access to videogames vs. putting my life at risk. Call me crazy, but I'm going to keep my kidney.

Akauser

Oct 28, 2017
London
The logical answer here is that you don't give up kidneys ergo you live longer and can wait for the actual releases and play more games throughout for lifetime. Upon your death bed you can then give up a kidney to then play any games you think you might be dead before release... am i right?

ShadowFox08

Banned
Nov 25, 2017
I might do this, maybe. This is essentially time traveling and you could make a lot of money from this while gaining back a kidney. But with no consequences.. seems kind of strange/too good to be true.

Truth be told, I can wait for games. Just trying to finish my backlog

PinballRJ

Oct 25, 2017
This must be Old Testament god, he really settled down after he had a kid... hmmm just like Kratos

Dec 3, 2017
I'd do it if I could play the Witcher 3 pre downgrade.

in-game-gif-13-14.gif

in-game-gif-13-14-3gif.gif

10-15 years from now CD Projekt games will make the original Witcher 3 look like trash. Not worth it.

Chocobo115

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
No deal

Even if God did exist I'd never do such a petty trade. I'd rather save my bargain chip till I can use it to help someone else. e.g seriously sick family member or similar.

Status
Not open for further replies.