• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Let's go, Dragon's Dogma 2?

• Yes

Votes: 188 25.1%
  • Why not

Votes: 99 13.2%
  • Nah, don't see it happening

Votes: 4 0.5%
  • Nah, would rather have another game

Votes: 107 14.3%
  • OH YEAH 'TIS 'BOUT F*CKING TIME!

Votes: 351 46.9%

• Total voters

TissueBox

Oct 25, 2017
Urinated States of America
Pray, Maker, that all diligence will be rewarded in due time.

*blows dandelions over cliff dramatically*

The LORE: Near 7 years has passed since Capcom's critical darling slapped the grey out of Grandma and said, "Roleplay, Camera, Action!!" After marked re-releases, this year, it arrives on the motherlovin' Switch. A year, like all others, that is also a rueful reminder that DAZ'ALL, DAZ'IT. The grey is returning and we're outta dye, Ice Cube!!

Why is Dragon's Dogma so beloved, asks the fellow in the back? Because it's massively fun to 'play', to partake in its flashy realtime, SotC harking combat, to progress under old school class systems, and also for how it plugs you into a world from an inspired escapist's daydream -- despite the rather sparse and trimmed surface. Ideas that range from conventional (strong char. customization) to inventive (pawns and other online mechanics) compliment each other in a coat of elegant, pen and paper presentation. Not all of which pan out evenly; some would argue to the entirety's detriment. But that's all the more reason the hunger persists, the dream continues, for a bigger, a better realization of it all: DD number 2. A game with all the spirit and lovability of our fire happy Pawns, in the skin it was destined to be. 'Specially since that MMO is staying local and drying up.

But every year is the same wishful ruminating, as is inevitable, and you may have heard before. Whatever Capcom and Itsuno elect to do, many would like to hope Dragon's Dogma isn't forgotten. Who knows when we'll get such a confirmation, but in the meantime, the neverending cycle is where we'll be, babehs..!!

So, 2019 is here, Capcom is hitting the jackpot, and Mr. X is going to give it to ya; do you still have the hype for a Dragon's Dogma 2 in wake of all this?! At what point do you think it will be reasonably out of the question to expect it? ;o

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017
No, but that's mostly because I couldn't really get into Dragon's Dogma. Maybe I should give it another shot one day.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Yes, please. Take everything from DD Online and shove it into Deep Do-

I mean Dragon's Dogma 2.

Edgar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Not really, I thought dragons dogma is an average game with nice combat. That's about it. I would like for capcom go for for something else

Rodjer

Self-requested ban.
Jan 28, 2018
I'm rooting for Itsuno kicking Ono ass and lead the fighting division.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
Only if he rethinks how damage is calculated. It was horrendous in DD. My only complaint but it utterly ruined the game for me.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
No. I want him to keep making action game, not RPGs where stats determine everything. DD might as well have been a turn based game.

Lunatious

Dec 18, 2018
Itsuno not-so-subtly confirmed that's what he's planning on making next on an interview a while ago. Granted, it's a long way from "I want to make this" to the game being made, but the intent is there.

Necrocorpse

Nov 17, 2018
London, UK
DD borrows bit from Monster Hunter and it shows in the combat mechanics. I wish they would go all in and do it just like Monster Hunter but with open world and more fleshed out NPCs and quests. DD does lot of things right and I really miss it. I wonder have they actually done something already during these years but then just put it on hold until a better time (after DMC5 which hopefully is a masterwork too) arises? Want to be optimistic.

Magneto

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh that must be the different universe where i am from, where the end experience is the king, the overall product, sum of its parts. Ya know. Not one part of a game
I never played The Witcher 3 more than two hours because the gameplay is ass. I know the game is full of qualities, but i'm not playing video games for having to go through bad gameplay.

Deleted member 41931

User requested account closure
Apr 10, 2018
Absolutley. I'm already down for whatever Itsuno makes and I think DD would benefit the most from a sequel despite the original already being good.

AVtechNICK

Dec 13, 2017
Why not? At this point I'm fine with every project he'll be taking, as long he'll be enthusiastic about it.

Oreiller

Oct 25, 2017
First game was pretty good despite its flaws so why not? I don't really care if it never happens but I would play it for sure.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
I'd honestly prefer Itsuno to do just about any of his other franchises or something original, just because I'm not the biggest DD fan >.> Rival Schools 3 for instance...

That said, I'd still definitely check it out if it ends up happening.

Playsage

Oct 25, 2017
He can do whatever he feels like, as far I am concerned

I expect DMC fans to feast on this for a while and be happy with it unless they starve them again

Sesha

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
I'd rather have DMC6, but Itsuno can do whatever he wants.

Dinda

Oct 27, 2017
Dragon's Dogma was such an amazing game even with all the flaws it had. The groundwork is there for an absolute masterp.....work.
So yes they absolutely have to. And now!

Akiller

Oct 25, 2017
Dragon's Dogma needs a sequel to reach its full potential, so personally I'd say yes.

But he can do whatever he wants. I'm sure it'll be something cool.

ShinUltramanJ

Oct 27, 2017
No, I want a return to Onimusha. Now that they remembered it exists, I want a brand new game.
Dogma can wait.

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
I wasn't that big of a fan of Dragon's Dogma but I would love a sequel. There's so much to improve upon to make it something incredible and there's no other RPG like it.

Soneji

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
The first game is the closest games have come to DnD/PF gameplay, the best ARPG in existence. I'll take a DD2 over many other games and certainly any other game Itsuno would wake.