• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Let's go, Dragon's Dogma 2?

• Yes

Votes: 188 25.1%
  • Why not

Votes: 99 13.2%
  • Nah, don't see it happening

Votes: 4 0.5%
  • Nah, would rather have another game

Votes: 107 14.3%
  • OH YEAH 'TIS 'BOUT F*CKING TIME!

Votes: 351 46.9%

• Total voters

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
1) Rival Schools 3: Universities Clash
2) Star Gladiator 3: Revenge of Plasma
3) Tech Romancer 2: Kikaoih's Love
4) Dog's Dragma: Dragon's Dogma 2

Manwell

Oct 25, 2017
USA
I am all for DD2. We need to see this franchise reach it's full potential. The first game shows so much promise. A sequel in the RE engine with online co-op would be the most amazing thing.

Gelf

Oct 27, 2017
Yes I would like a sequel to by far the most fun open world RPG I ever played.

medyej

Oct 26, 2017
I'd love to see it happen, but I think they'd need to make significant changes to design to not have production issues like the first and actually play to Capcom's strengths instead. Main thing is I think they need to ditch the open world. I simply don't think Capcom has the production capability to make a large scale RPG open world the likes to take on games like Skyrim and the Witcher like they were trying to go for with the original game. They should instead focus on something like the expansion did with a more hand crafted environment for people to adventure through, while still using their good stuff like combat and skills.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
DD is Itsuno's baby, baby. Like his dream game for a long time. He's always going to wanna return to it.

Feb 2, 2019
You couldn't care less.

Could care less means the exact opposite of what you're training to say.

And what you're trying to say is lame.

Couldn't care less then. Most overhyped game I ever played. Artistic direction is as bland as it can be, the plot makes no sens, the game is tedious... The combat mechanics are good, but the fighting themselves are just boring since the IA is stupid 99% of the time.

The hell ? It sold 4.5 million copies

And ? I bought it because some people on internet couldn't stop talking about it. I'm part of those 4.5 millions and wouldn't buy a sequel. How do you know all those 4.5 millions people would get the hypothetic sequel ? How do you know most of them aren't disappointed like I am ?

Bringing number of copies sold mean nothing. It's a stupid argument, always was and always will be. Next, you'll probably tell me about the resetera poll above to back up your opinion.

Oct 28, 2017
Another DD and MvC is all i'm asking for, Capcom pls

IxsKlA7.gif

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
After finishing DMC5 all I can say is Itsuno has earned the right to do whatever he wants for the foreseeable future.

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
YES! It is time!! I don't care about the DMC series at all and was hoping the next game would have been DD2. The first game was so weird, wonderful, and fresh. There is so much more they could do to iterate on the design. I thought I read that they were given leeway to make what they wanted me chose DMC5. Which is fine but I hope they are able to decide again and choose this to tackle next. If it does happen I guess it will be a next gen game as I'm sure it will be 3-4 years until we get it if they are making it. The wait will be crushing but I'd be so happy if they announced its happening.

And around 73% in the poll want the game so at least here the desire seems great, which makes me happy. I wonder how the first game sold. I hope it wasn't a bomb which could affect them ever revisiting it.

Svejk

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
THA WIND IS PUSHING MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

Dragon's Dogma 2: Deep Down

I understand that the DMC fan have been waiting for so long but fuck man now that Capcom is regaining some of their former glory, having the base of the original game + all the content from DD Online it seems like a no brainer. As a fan I can already point out numerous improvements that can be made to the game's framework outside of maybe using the RE Engine (assuming it can handle open world). The potential for greatness was there but it had some odd inclusion and design decisions. The game will undoubtedly sell more due to it being ported to every system imaginable plus the potential of 4-player coop would be a huge bonus.

Good lord, DMC5 aint even drop yet. We can all eat bros.
Heard that! Y'all DMC folks can leave the buffet now. There's over 5 DMC games... Just 1 DD.. See where the real thirst lies, brehs.

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
Yes. In this excellent mini-documentary he talks about how he pretty much had to wait a decade to make the original because of his obligations to DMC. Let the man do his own games!

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
Sure let the man do what he wants. I think putting out a hit like DMC5 deserves a little credit/trust by the capcom higher ups.

I still need to actually beat the first one. Hate me some open world RPGs so it lost me after the first dungeon that turned out to be a side quest... but took like an hour and a half of getting lost in lol. I noped out.

AzzX

Oct 25, 2017
Every Action RPG I have played in recent years I have always thought, this game would be so much better if it played like Dragons Dogma. Heck I would play Candy Crush if it had Dragons Dogma type combat.

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
Yes. In this excellent mini-documentary he talks about how he pretty much had to wait a decade to make the original because of his obligations to DMC. Let the man do his own games!

Sure let the man do what he wants. I think putting out a hit like DMC5 deserves a little credit/trust by the capcom higher ups.

I still need to actually beat the first one. Hate me some open world RPGs so it lost me after the first dungeon that turned out to be a side quest... but took like an hour and a half of getting lost in lol. I noped out.
Agree but remember Itsuno wanted to make DMC 5 as well, he wasn't forced to make it was between that and DD2 .
there is not enough Itsuno for gamers it seems :^)

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
As much as I loved Dragon's Dogma, I kinda want a DMC6 already. DMC5 was just so good and I want more.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
It's almost assuredly going to be Dragon's Dogma 2 next for Itsuno. In an interview, he stated that he wanted to make DMC5 and DD2 next. Capcom asked him which one he wanted to do first, he said DMC5. He said he has ideas and story in mind for DD2 already. He is going to start working full time on it after the DMC5 Bloody Palace update ships. So all your Dragon's Dogma just hold firm like us DMC fans did.