• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Let's go, Dragon's Dogma 2?

• Yes

Votes: 188 25.1%
  • Why not

Votes: 99 13.2%
  • Nah, don't see it happening

Votes: 4 0.5%
  • Nah, would rather have another game

Votes: 107 14.3%
  • OH YEAH 'TIS 'BOUT F*CKING TIME!

Votes: 351 46.9%

• Total voters

gunbo13

Oct 26, 2017
I don't really post outside DMC but a resounding yes!!!

One of my favorite games of the past few years. But...the game needs DA content. Vanilla DD was a B+ game with that fantastic RPG combat. DA put this into A territory.

Just need a PC version again with DA quality content and another awesome end game. Gimme gimme.

And SMH that gameplay is not top priority for some. How far we have changed from the NES days...

EDIT:
I don't think the DD sequel over DMC5 comments are necessary. Devs don't just make games for your genre.

Oct 29, 2017
I sure hope they'll make it. And if they do I hope they'll add some of the DDO classes, since some of those are really neat.

APOEERA

Oct 26, 2017
I've bought the first one 3 times (original Dragon's Dogma on PS3, Dark Arisen versions on PS3 and PS4), so sure I'll do it again with another one. I still need to go through and complete the first game for a Platinum.

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Of course but if given the opportunity then I would want him to make Rival Schools 3 before DD2.

DD2 will take a long ass time to develop (and so did DMCV) so a quicker project in between would be great.

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
No way i want DMC VI FIRST! 😁

but if he really, really wants to make a DD2, then mr. Itsuno shall do it im just glad he didn't forgot about dmc in this time already fillled with open world games

OP
OP
TissueBox

TissueBox

Oct 25, 2017
Urinated States of America
No way i want DMC VI FIRST! 😁

but if he really, really wants to make a DD2, then mr. Itsuno shall do it im just glad he didn't forgot about dmc in this time already fillled with open world games

Capcom has so many franchises that fans are starving for more of it's almost a trademark!! Though, it's testament to how strong their canonography is. xD

DMCV looks kind of 'mazing, it gives me hope that a next gen Dragon's Dogma would also be just as exciting, but we'll see....

Oct 25, 2017
canada
Joseph Anderson did a great negative review of Dragons Dogmas combat.

I loved DD but JAs criticisms are correct. Really hope they take it to heart to make combat more skill based than loot based. Basically follow Niohs philosophy of handling skill-loot based combat.

ZangBa

Oct 25, 2017
DD deserves a sequel. I'm not its biggest fan but its gameplay alone trumps every WRPG by a mile, I mean it's not even a competition. A sequel that is just a beefier DD is fine by me.

xGrizzly

Dec 3, 2017
Atlanta
THA WIND IS PUSHING MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

Dragon's Dogma 2: Deep Down

I understand that the DMC fan have been waiting for so long but fuck man now that Capcom is regaining some of their former glory, having the base of the original game + all the content from DD Online it seems like a no brainer. As a fan I can already point out numerous improvements that can be made to the game's framework outside of maybe using the RE Engine (assuming it can handle open world). The potential for greatness was there but it had some odd inclusion and design decisions. The game will undoubtedly sell more due to it being ported to every system imaginable plus the potential of 4-player coop would be a huge bonus.

Nah. I have no attachment to Dragons Dogma. Give me DMC6.

DMC6 please.

We gotta make up for this 11 year drought

Good lord, DMC5 aint even drop yet. We can all eat bros.

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
DMC5 will probably satiate me on that franchise for a while, Dragon's Dogma is also something that IMO could be improved on a lot by a sequel.

ASilentProtagonist

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Dragon's Dogma 2 on next gen, with RE engine..

Bruh.

tumblr_n70jfanPjA1re1qkwo1_500.png

Oaklight

Avenger
Jun 16, 2018
Dragon's Dogma was an absolute gem and one of my favorite games last gen. If they could increase the production values, Improve the combat further and add lock on plus more advanced combos, and improve the story, world building, and npcs; then the sequel could potentially be the greatest game of all time.

The cycle of eternal return must be broken!

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Only if they alter how that IP looks completely. Visually it has always looked liked the dullest, most generic shit imaginable, and it has always put me off from getting into it.

Zetta

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The only game I would want him to do before DD2 is Capcom vs SNK 3 otherwise DD2 it is.

OP
OP
TissueBox

TissueBox

Oct 25, 2017
Only if they alter how that IP looks completely. Visually it has always looked liked the dullest, most generic shit imaginable, and it has always put me off from getting into it.

It writes itself into a corner there as it is built on old inspirations like classic DnD and Berserk, which by now we've seen far more colorful takes on, but there is actually a solid foundation underneath it all. There's a lotta types of gear and the enemy creatures look monstrous in motion, Monster Hunter style. It's one of my favorite looking ARPGs in that regard, in the feelings it evoke. There's certainly room for more creativity -- the game shows glimpses of it..!

leder

Oct 25, 2017
Yes absolutely, but I think they need to make some changes for the sequel.

First off, the medieval fantasy setting is so played out. I think they need to look at the recent JRPGs that have had a lot of success in the US, such as the Persona games and likely the next Fire Emblem. That is, they should set the game in a Japanese high school. Now, setting the game in a Japanese high school is obviously the right decision, but then that makes the classes of mage, strider, etc. not make as much sense. They should think about modernizing them according to different archetypes present in this setting. So instead of being a knight, you would be a football player. Instead of being a strider, you would be in the archery club, instead of being a mage, you would be a nerd, etc.

Another thing that could use updating is the combat structure. It could get really tedious when you run into large packs of enemies all of a sudden, and are getting hit by several from different directions off screen that you don't even know exist until it's too late. To combat this, I think they should focus more on the 1 on 1 aspect. But... having your pawn along with you is a great gameplay system, so they should definitely keep that. So maybe focus on 2 on 2, just you and your pawn tag teaming enemies in groups of 2, maybe even use some kind of instanced arena settings for battles to really emphasize this.

Given all of these changes that will be incorporated in Dragon's Dogma 2, I think they should go with a new title to reflect the departure from the games. In fact, Dragon's Dogma 2 isn't really correct, as it would be the third game in the series if you count the MMO, so really it should be Dragon's Dogma 3. Dogma is such a weird word though, and doesn't really tell you anything about the game. Since the game is now taking place in a school setting, how about we replace this weird Dogma word with something more specific and descriptive of the new game- Dragon's Schools 3. This tells you more about the gameplay setting, but if we are moving past the fantasy setting, it would also make sense to replace the "Dragon" part. The new focus on you and your pawn vs. the world brings another word to mind... maybe Nemesis Schools 3? But that's confusing, since Capcom has another game with 3 and Nemesis in the title- Resident Evil 3: Nemesis. So what's another word we could use... Rival? Rival Schools 3? I like the sound of that.

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
Capcom boss already gave itsuno the permission, it's just a question of when this is happening
I can see this as cross gen title

Fou-Lu

Oct 25, 2017
The only games I want more from Capcom than a new Dragon's Dogma are a new Breath of Fire and a new Mega Man Legends.

HyperCroutons

May 25, 2018
New York
Hell yeah! Dragon's Dogma is one of my favorite flawed games of all time, if that makes sense lol. Its the type of game that needs a sequel to fix all the issues the first one had that's why the sequel has a ton of potential.

Liyfda

Oct 27, 2017
I love Dragon's Dogma to death, but I'd want to see another Itsuno RPG rather than just a sequel of Dragon's Dogma. If I get Dragon Dogma 2, I'll still be happy af.

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
Dragon's Dogma can wait.

Capcom needs Itsuno to save their fighting games with Rival Schools 3.

Gestahl

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
you couldve just said "sure" but you had to get your shit off.
It's funny since Dragon's Dogma is terrible if taken as an open world game. The world is tiny and filled with corridor valleys, the spawns are static and will have you facing the same goblin/wolf/harpy/bandit ambushes in the exact same locations over and over and over again, and the basic interface is shit and counter-intuitive to open world design, requiring you to go to the nondescript innkeeper constantly for the most basic of character building tasks.

Haribo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's funny since Dragon's Dogma is terrible if taken as an open world game. The world is tiny and filled with corridor valleys, the spawns are static and will have you facing the same goblin/wolf/harpy/bandit ambushes in the exact same locations over and over and over again, and the basic interface is shit and counter-intuitive to open world design, requiring you to go to the nondescript innkeeper constantly for the most basic of character building tasks.
Exactly. The open world was a non factor. Game could've been just hub areas and no one would've noticed.

OP
OP
TissueBox

TissueBox

Oct 25, 2017
Hell yeah! Dragon's Dogma is one of my favorite flawed games of all time, if that makes sense lol. Its the type of game that needs a sequel to fix all the issues the first one had that's why the sequel has a ton of potential.

One random thing I would rejoice at is expanded unarmed combat. Not a lot of RPGs out there that make substantial use of it. Oh I wish Dragon's Dogma would be so bold, it could be quite fun. And make for a really coolio build. :p

Majukun

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
i didn't particularly like dragon's dogma..there are neat concepts but the actual execution is okish at best....ended up being bored halfway and leaving the game unfinished

but like i said, there are neat concept that deserve a second shot.

Hayeya

Oct 29, 2017
Canada
Let him do the next capcom vs snk please in 2d.
Or a remake of cvs 2
Or a remaster

I dont care, i want to play it goddamit

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
They found their way in DD:DA but then again any combat heavy game could be stuck in a dungeon looter(Dulooter) and find its way too. Stripping away the open world and quests made the game infinitely better which probably goes to show how much all that stuff bogged down the main game.

I don't want them to make another dungeon looter and I feel like the combat in the game can lend to moments of just sheer chaos so I would love to see them try the open world style again. DD open world was so bad that I don't think they could make it worse if they tried so no harm in trying again. I trust current Capcom to give it another go, with the way they are going about things lately I'd be more optimistic of them pulling it off.

MeltedDreams

Oct 27, 2017
Well, yes i would like to see new Dragon's Dogma, but they need to make big improvements to their open-world design this time. It was kinda bleh in original and one of the reasons why i don't want to replay that game.