• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Malcolm9

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Unless I'm using a urinal I always sit. Splashback on your clothes is rank and sometimes you get a rogue/split stream.

If the public toilet is not clean I will stand though.

Scarlet Death

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
Yes but on the ledge of second story porch on clubbers walking back to their cars of course.

For real though. I'm on hormone replacement. Estrogen and Spiro change the way that organ works and it's much more difficult. I'm getting the surgery soon so that won't be an issue for much longer

Awesome Kev

Banned
Jan 10, 2018
All the piss that splashes when you're standing up, so fucking gross

Just take the extra second to sit your ass down, you won't become a woman I promise
yep, i never realized it until i lived in a house where the sun would come through the bathroom window just right so that you could see every droplet being splashed out of the toilet and im telling you guys, its a fucking lot more than you think. you are literally pissing all over you're bathroom floor/walls when you stand up to pee

Oct 26, 2017
If there is no urinal? Yeah.

You think you're aiming right, but when you need to clean your own toilet every week you realise how much splashback there actually is. It's fucking everywhere, so now I just sit down. Much cleaner.

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
yep, i never realized it until i lived in a house where the sun would come through the bathroom window just right so that you could see every droplet being splashed out of the toilet and im telling you guys, its a fucking lot more than you think. you are literally pissing all over you're bathroom floor/walls when you stand up to pee

Thank God for Lysol wipes.

I have to use them quite often, because of a bladder issue I had corrected twice, and was told didn't need operating on a third time. Sometimes I get two streams, one going one way and another going another.

I never know when it's going to happen and don't like sitting down to pee, but not because I think it's weak. I often just pee outside, since I live out in the country and nobody can see.

I had the surgery to correct it twice when I was a kid, and peeing afterwards was the most pain I've ever felt.

Jill Sandwich

Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (1 Week): Homophobic Language
Hell no I'm a MAN and I will go out and find a REAL MAN to piss onto while BROFISTING because I'm not a SIT DOWN FAG.

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
only when i am taking a dump that's so powerful, that piss came out too (yes, it did happened.............just now)

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
Honestly the only way I've been able to pee for the last eight years is to strip down completely, do a full handstand, and allow the urine to trickle slowly down my body, over my jaw and chin, and into my mouth, where I analyze it for various toxins and impurities before expelling it with a low whistle directly into the toilet bowl.

This process is a little awkward in public facilities, but I manage.

Nov 7, 2017
Yes. I grew up with two sisters and a watchful mom, my father and I being the only males in the house. That made me attentive to those around me who might be affected for just the simplest things i would do, in this case, me peeing standing up. My father did it then and still does too. I think we both owe that to my fair-minded mom.

Regardless, unless you live alone, you shouldn't pee standing up, and even so there's no benefits or practicality about it, not only you are making a mess for others to sit on and you later on (you might not see it but it's for sure there), but you are also splashing urine on yourself from your knees down and, the bathroom's floor.

Public bathrooms are out of my control and there's no way to keep them moderately clean so I don't sit on those as it defeats the purpose. That's when the urinals are fully occupied and I'm in a hurry though, which is super rare.

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2017
People are weird about standing up to piss, like, really weird. OP has triggered some sort of insecure men's parade with this.

I honestly just do both, it doesn't really matter, does it?

Awesome Kev

Banned
Jan 10, 2018
People are weird about standing up to piss, like, really weird. OP has triggered some sort of insecure men's parade with this.

I honestly just do both, it doesn't really matter, does it?
yup, well said

i could understand people saying it's just being lazy, but that's still not addressing the backsplash issue

every other criticism ive seen in this thread has been a pretty pathetic "only real men stand when they pee" argument, which is of course a terrible argument and ridiculous

i'm all for a joke and giving somebody a hard time in the name of fun, and at the same i'll make fun of their piss covered bathroom floors, but to attack someones manhood for a being in a particular position when they urinate is laughable at best

Chimpzy

Dec 5, 2018
Not all the time, but yeh. It's sometimes nice to just sit, relax and let go without having to worry about aiming and stuff. Especially when tired or not feeling well.

RockyBalboa_

Apr 28, 2018
It's kind of funny, growing up I would stand to pee 99% of the time.

Maybe over the last 10 years or so I've sat down to pee 99% of the time instead. It's a lot more comfortable and safer, occasionally I'll get a multiple pee stream going (sometimes it'll split into two streams, sometimes it'll split into three \ | /). My aim while standing was always good, I didn't even have to "aim and fire" so to speak, just stand at the right angle and distance - no splash back at all :-D.

1.21Gigawatts

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Munich
I always sit.
At home mostly because I don't like to clean splash back every other day.
I even tell guests to sit or clean their piss splashes afterwards after I found that after certain guests have been over there is always little yellow lakes under my toilet. Fucking disgusting. If you think that making a disgusting mess like that is manly you're a fucking moron and if you think that you're not making a mess you are wrong.

Kodama4

Oct 25, 2017
Generally I have a rule that if I have a high pressure pee built up I will stand up and pee right in to the water... so it sounds like a have a 16 inch anaconda

Most the guys will look at you like wtf when you walk away

Ty4on

Oct 25, 2017
Norway
Yes, of course. I think I was twelve when I realized it wasn't worth it to always risk it dripping on my pants plus it's way more comfortable with a belt and a hard to open fly.

Deleted member 5028

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Comfort?

I'm confused as to how some of you are peeing tbh. Never associated the act with discomfort or requiring effort tbh.
I wake up in the middle of the night. I find it easier to keep relaxed and not piss everywhere in the dark when I sit. I turn on the light it wakes up my wife. Our bathrooms light is intense.

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
I wake up in the middle of the night. I find it easier to keep relaxed and not piss everywhere in the dark when I sit. I turn on the light it wakes up my wife. Our bathrooms light is intense.
Oh, that makes a bit more sense then. I was really confused as to what could happening during the act itself that could cause discomfort to someone (though I'm sure there a bunch of medical related issues that make this true, for loads of people).

Pila

Oct 31, 2017
I totally sit down when I'm at home. I'm the guy who's cleaning up that wc later and I don't want a mess.

I don't do it at public places because ew touching stuff.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
yup, well said

i could understand people saying it's just being lazy, but that's still not addressing the backsplash issue

every other criticism ive seen in this thread has been a pretty pathetic "only real men stand when they pee" argument, which is of course a terrible argument and ridiculous

i'm all for a joke and giving somebody a hard time in the name of fun, and at the same i'll make fun of their piss covered bathroom floors, but to attack someones manhood for a being in a particular position when they urinate is laughable at best
I just don't get people saying it's comfortable. For one, toilet seats aren't, and it takes 10 seconds. The effort to take your pants off and sit down just for 10 seconds or 20 seems pointless when you coud just sit on a chair after.