• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Calamari41

Oct 25, 2017
And to your concern "As many as 80 people could be dropping trash in my can".
A) Does this ever happen? Are you finding your can full, and are unable to dispose of your household refuse? For me, this would be a reasonable concern. But as I've clearly stated that my can never gets full, and I actively welcome people dropping trash in it, this isn't a problem I've seen. I'd love more elaboration from your perspective.

I appreciate the overall concept of keeping trash off the streets, but to answer your specific question: it's a yes. I have had weeks at the old place where I had to hoard bags of trash in my garage because my bin was filled by passersby dumping things, including masses of dog shit. The worst was when someone dumped a big black bag of half empty beer cans. Of course the bag was not tied off, and was ripped, so half of the beer spilled and stagnated in the bin and I had to actually hire one of those professional cleaning trucks to come by and steam clean the thing.

So it seems that we're not seeing eye to eye because of the vastly different contexts that we view the situation, which I think is fair enough.

JCizzle

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I see this as emblematic of people who have a problem with poop being dropped in their trash can. They assume that ALL the poop in the neighborhood is going into THEIR can.
Why not just walk it back to your own home and then nobody can complain about it at all? Doesn't that solve every complaint?

Kmonk

#TeamThierry
Oct 30, 2017
US
I appreciate the overall concept of keeping trash off the streets, but to answer your specific question: it's a yes. I have had weeks at the old place where I had to hoard bags of trash in my garage because my bin was filled by passersby dumping things, including masses of dog shit. The worst was when someone dumped a big black bag of half empty beer cans. Of course the bag was not tied off, and was ripped, so half of the beer spilled and stagnated in the bin and I had to actually hire one of those professional cleaning trucks to come by and steam clean the thing.

So it seems that we're not seeing eye to eye because of the vastly different contexts that we view the situation, which I think is fair enough.

Yeah, agreed! I can see your point entirely.

Seirith

Oct 25, 2017
My neighborhood does not have grass strips we have yard, sidewalk and then the road. My side of the street and many others in the areas don't even have sidewalks.

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
Man some dog owners feel entitled as fuck in this thread
Hey no more than most parents feel entitled to let their children do as they please despite the damage and disruption caused.

The world is full of entitled people but somehow it's always dog owners that get labelled the hardest just because it involves animals.

KHarvey16

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hey no more than most parents feel entitled to let their children do as they please despite the damage and disruption caused.

The world is full of entitled people but somehow it's always dog owners that get labelled the hardest just because it involves animals.

Always dog owners? What a bizarre persecution complex.

Fularu

Oct 25, 2017

Doesn't excuse some of you one bit

« Guys those other people are annoying too! Let me do as I please! »

Other people's kids aren't welcome on my property either

Nov 17, 2017
If you are angrily confronting someone over it? Yeah it does make you miserable and petty. If you want to politely ask and they don't stop then at least your anger is justified.
Where in this thread has anyone angrily confronted someone over their dog pooping on their lawn? You keep saying this but I don't see anyone here who has actually done that. People are just saying that your lawn is your private property and it's reasonable to not want people to let their dogs poop on it and it's rude to let your dog do so on other people's lawns for that same reason.

Your repeated claims that you have more important things to worry about is a thinly-veiled fallacy of relative privation or "there are starving children in Africa." Instead of making any sound arguments, you seem to want to just keep repeating that everyone else is wrong because they're miserable, petty and don't have real problems, like you do.

Oh, and no, it's not against neighborhood bylaws at all, just people being super passive aggressive and frankly kind of jerky online.
Actually, looking back at this I'm confused and could use some clarification, OP. How exactly were your neighbors jerks? In the OP, you said they posted to a community bulletin telling people to stop letting their dogs poop on their lawn. What was passive aggressive and jerky about that? Was it their specific language? Your OP goes off into the topic of should you actually be allowed to have your dog poop on people's lawns which is a completely different issue than how one speaks to their neighbors.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dogs are gonna dog. Mine has been conditioned to walk along the right side of the sidewalk. If he has to go he goes in the grass on the right. Depending on what side of the street we're on, that means either the green strip between the sidewalk and street or the edge of someone's yard.

We use the little baggies and deposit them in our own trash can. That's reasonable.

Doomguy Fieri

Nov 3, 2017
It's very hard to control where a dog decides to do the business. If the poop is cleaned up and thrown away, it's all good.

Getting worked up over where a dog pees is the height of boomer lunacy. Lawns are already mockeries of the natural world, and now we're all going to just accept that this particular piece of dirt is too nice for dog urine? Not a chance I'm playing that game.

Also not going out of my way to put a poop filled bag in someone's private trash can, but circumstances may require such an act. Kind of laughing at the garbage men refusing to empty a trash can because a bag of dog poo is inside. In any given American suburb I'd guess one out of three trash cans contains a bag of poop filled diapers. Trash contains poop. It's normal.

OP
OP
Boogiepop

Boogiepop

Oct 25, 2017
Actually, looking back at this I'm confused and could use some clarification, OP. How exactly were your neighbors jerks? In the OP, you said they posted to a community bulletin telling people to stop letting their dogs poop on their lawn. What was passive aggressive and jerky about that? Was it their specific language? Your OP goes off into the topic of should you actually be allowed to have your dog poop on people's lawns which is a completely different issue than how one speaks to their neighbors.
For what it's worth, yeah, it was down to the language for one and for the other being less "Please do not have your animals use my yard for their business" and more a handful of people trying to lay it down as a sort of law that "dogs should not use lawns in general in this neighborhood" in a large, very dog-centric neighborhood (we have a big old dog park, and all throughout the neighborhood there are can specifically to dump dog poop, complete with complementary little bags). But ultimately I only got this stuff semi-second hand (IE read off to me) and I don't even know the address of the board they use to offer specific quotes, which I realize is pretty weak ground to argue from anyway... and yeah, it is indeed kind of a different matter than what the thread is more about now anyway, so I guess I should just drop it.

Deleted member 17092

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lots of people walk their dogs and don't pick up the poop. Honestly I'd say it's a minority of dog owners who pick up after their dogs 100% of the time. Tons of people only do it if they see another person who can see them not picking it up.

Also dog pee and grass don't get along very well.

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
Always dog owners? What a bizarre persecution complex.
When it comes to being labelled entitled I have constantly seen it being thrown at dog owners. Your dog went too close to someone on the sidewalk? Entitled dog owner. You brought your dog into a store that allows them? Entitled dog owner.

I just find it funny seeing the label thrown around at dog owners by parents who are irresponsible as hell with their children.

Where in this thread has anyone angrily confronted someone over their dog pooping on their lawn? You keep saying this but I don't see anyone here who has actually done that. People are just saying that your lawn is your private property and it's reasonable to not want people to let their dogs poop on it and it's rude to let your dog do so on other people's lawns for that same reason.

Your repeated claims that you have more important things to worry about is a thinly-veiled fallacy of relative privation or "there are starving children in Africa." Instead of making any sound arguments, you seem to want to just keep repeating that everyone else is wrong because they're miserable, petty and don't have real problems, like you do.
Nah. Your dog shouldnt be on my lawn. Tug them fuckers back and let em drop somewhere else.

I'd have words with someones dog shitting on my lawn.
I am astonished that shitting on someone's property is okay to some people. I don't care if it is picked up, if I saw it, me and you are going to have a problem.

I mean yeah this is only two so far and I haven't looked for more but both of these do not sound like people wanting to politely ask someone to stop.

There isn't any argument coming from me like you and others seem to think. I'm saying personally, I think people are being petty and miserable over something I don't think is an issue and I posted that I have it happen daily to show that I'm not just expressing my feelings over something I don't experience. You can do exactly what I'm doing and judge me for my stance.
Doesn't excuse some of you one bit

« Guys those other people are annoying too! Let me do as I please! »

Other people's kids aren't welcome on my property either
I'm not even doing(or rather pretty much never doing since it only happens rarely) what most of you are angry about but I just find it funny because a lot of people complain about dog owners yet when it comes to parents I've constantly seen them get defended over letting their children do anything they want.

You're at least consistent.

GodofWine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
No, absolutely, they are NOT BEING UPPITY.

Kindly don't have your dog pee on my front lawn, causing dead spots, causing weeds to invade, causing it to go to hell..frankly, I don't want your dog peeing on that strip of grass either - have YOUR dog pee on YOUR GRASS.

Communities with nice lawns, look better, price better etc too.

Also, my kids might play on my front lawn, I don't have a dog, there shouldn't be a WAD of dogshit on my lawn, or sidewalk in front of my house (both common occurrences) My kids don't shit on your driveway, so don't let your dog shit on my property.

So NO. Dogs are not allowed to just crap and pee on other peoples property, might as well walk around spraying round up on lawns randomly too, its the same end result.

Edit - 10 years ago, RIGHT AFTER having fresh sod put down, I see a lady letting her dog piss on what is my obviusly NEW PERFECT LAWN - I actually yelled "Get that dog off my new grass!" so loud she heard me through closed 2nd floor windows...the F'n nerve of some people (or their obliviousness to the world)

KHarvey16

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
When it comes to being labelled entitled I have constantly seen it being thrown at dog owners. Your dog went too close to someone on the sidewalk? Entitled dog owner. You brought your dog into a store that allows them? Entitled dog owner.

I just find it funny seeing the label thrown around at dog owners by parents who are irresponsible as hell with their children.

I mean yeah this is only two so far and I haven't looked for more but both of these do not sound like people wanting to politely ask someone to stop.

There isn't any argument coming from me like you and others seem to think. I'm saying personally, I think people are being petty and miserable over something I don't think is an issue and I posted that I have it happen daily to show that I'm not just expressing my feelings over something I don't experience. You can do exactly what I'm doing and judge me for my stance.

I'm not even doing(or rather pretty much never doing since it only happens rarely) what most of you are angry about but I just find it funny because a lot of people complain about dog owners yet when it comes to parents I've constantly seen them get defended over letting their children do anything they want.

Do you actually think this argument is well formed? Some people in the world are irresponsible therefore anyone criticizing irresponsibility is not allowed?

Deleted member 17092

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Aw the old trash can complainers. I'd rather people be picking up poop, bagging it, and disposing of it in random trash bins than not picking it up at all. People also litter at an astonishing level. Please use that trash can instead that's right there. There's garbage fucking everywhere and we're going to complain that people are binning it like they're supposed to instead of littering.

Calamari41

Oct 25, 2017

It's actually significantly easier to train a dog than it is to get a child to behave, especially at the toddler age, so I have a lot more sympathy for a parent of a misbehaving child than I do for a dog owner who can't figure out how to train their dog to pee in a specific area. Of course there are the cases where a parent just ignores a misbehaving child and "lets them do whatever they want," but that is pretty rare and I can't imagine that the people in this thread saying that someone needs to control where their dog shits is going to look at that hypothetical parent and say "yeah, you go, mama!"

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
Do you actually think this argument is well formed? Some people in the world are irresponsible therefore anyone criticizing irresponsibility is not allowed?
Where exactly did I say that?

All I wrote is that it's funny(or rather hypocritical) seeing parents who label dog owners as entitled but then are just as entitled or even worse with their children. I just would like to see come consistency with criticism but I guess that doesn't matter because I have no idea if anyone in this thread has done the above.

It's actually significantly easier to train a dog than it is to get a child to behave, especially at the toddler age, so I have a lot more sympathy for a parent of a misbehaving child than I do for a dog owner who can't figure out how to train their dog to pee in a specific area. Of course there are the cases where a parent just ignores a misbehaving child and "lets them do whatever they want," but that is pretty rare and I can't imagine that the people in this thread saying that someone needs to control where their dog shits is going to look at that hypothetical parent and say "yeah, you go, mama!"
A child misbehaving in many cases IS ignored and excused by parents which is the point. Why bring up parents who try to deal with the problem when they obviously aren't what entitled is referring too?

Nov 17, 2017
A staple of a large majority of Era Splice of Life threads
They are my favorite kind ERA thread to be honest.

For what it's worth, yeah, it was down to the language for one and for the other being less "Please do not have your animals use my yard for their business" and more a handful of people trying to lay it down as a sort of law that "dogs should not use lawns in general in this neighborhood" in a large, very dog-centric neighborhood (we have a big old dog park, and all throughout the neighborhood there are can specifically to dump dog poop, complete with complementary little bags). But ultimately I only got this stuff semi-second hand (IE read off to me) and I don't even know the address of the board they use to offer specific quotes, which I realize is pretty weak ground to argue from anyway... and yeah, it is indeed kind of a different matter than what the thread is more about now anyway, so I guess I should just drop it.
Yeah, I feel like you may have been a bit too defensive as a dog owner and made this more of a issue about where your dog poops rather than how you talk to your neighbors.

What I will say is this: Even if the language of your neighbors were rude, so is letting your dog poop on their lawn. Is it their right to tell you not to let your dog poop on their lawn? Yes. So you can be upset that they were rude but they are right here. It's also very easy to not have your dog poop on someone's lawn. It's only difficult in your mind because you've never bothered to try since you felt you had no reason to.

Calamari41

Oct 25, 2017
A child misbehaving in many cases IS ignored and excused by parents which is the point. Why bring up parents who try to deal with the problem when they obviously aren't what entitled is referring too?

Like I said, the kind of thing you're describing is a pretty rare occurrence, and even if you think that what you're seeing is a parent who doesn't care, you don't know what led up to the situation or what they've gone through, and you could just be witnessing the worst moment of that parent's month. To compare that with a person who admittedly has not bothered to train their dog to do the very first thing you're supposed to train your dog to do, which is use the bathroom in the manner that you want them to do so, is absurd and it is really weird to me that you would compare the two.

You said you "constantly" see these types of parents "defended" over "letting their children do anything they want." Sorry, but that seems unlikely. You "constantly" see parents who casually let their children run wild in a manner which should obviously warrant discipline, while at the same time hearing people actively defending these parents, in the moment?

To go into my experience, I live in a kid friendly area and a dog friendly area, and I have seen significantly more entitled dog owners who think their dog shitting in a restaurant is cute, than I've seen moms on their phone explaining that little Skylar is just exploring her truth as she does something that she should be disciplined over.

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't own a dog, so i am just going to go and take a shit in my neighbours yard, bag it up and put it in their bin.

If they get upset, I'll point them to this thread.

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
There's absolutely nothing entitled or "uppity" about not wanting dog shit all over your yard or having it dumped in your trash cans.

That shit is especially annoying in hot climates like the South, making it smell especially terrible and attracting flys and whatever else.

Stop being lazy fucks. And that's coming from a dog owner.

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
I think parents get shit on more than dog owners tbh
Hard disagree. Because of religion parents will always be favoured and protected to an extreme level.

We still have people telling others who decide to not have children that they are immature and selfish.
Like I said, the kind of thing you're describing is a pretty rare occurrence, and even if you think that what you're seeing is a parent who doesn't care, you don't know what led up to the situation or what they've gone through, and you could just be witnessing the worst moment of that parent's month. To compare that with a person who admittedly has not bothered to train their dog to do the very first thing you're supposed to train your dog to do, which is use the bathroom in the manner that you want them to do so, is absurd and it is really weird to me that you would compare the two.

You said you "constantly" see these types of parents "defended" over "letting their children do anything they want." Sorry, but that seems unlikely. You "constantly" see parents who casually let their children run wild in a manner which should obviously warrant discipline, while at the same time hearing people actively defending these parents, in the moment?
Yes?

Have you worked retail? Been to a family restaurant? Every single day there was misbehaving children. Many even made messes and the parents thought it waa cute and took pictures while leaving it.

I'm all for sympathizing with parenting being tough but I'm not seeing how that is a free pass to let your children misbehave.

Spenny

Oct 25, 2017
San Diego-ish
No I wouldn't. My dogs don't shit unless it's in my backyard or a small path along the road about ten houses down. Your dog shouldn't be shitting (or pissing) on other people's lawns. And if they do and you bag it you carry that shit back to your house to throw away.

OP
OP
Boogiepop

Boogiepop

Oct 25, 2017
There's absolutely nothing entitled or "uppity" about not wanting dog shit all over your yard or having it dumped in your trash cans.

That shit is especially annoying in hot climates like the South, making it smell especially terrible and attracting flys and whatever else.

Stop being lazy fucks. And that's coming from a dog owner.
For whatever it's worth, I did fuck up with that title (and the language in the OP) letting my anger with the specific rude way my neighbors were raising the point, which doesn't really properly have anything to do with the actual topic. (And I'd totally ask a mod to edit the title if I felt like the thread had much more steam in it, but it seems like it's winding down.)

That said, I most certainly pick up after my dog, and I don't think anyone else in here is saying it's at all acceptable to fail to do that, at least. (And personally I always take it back with me to dispose in my own trashcan, for whatever it's worth.)

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
I'm Team Neighbors. As a general matter, t is not acceptable to have your dog do its business on other people's yards.

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
I don't want people walking their dog onto my lawn and shitting all over the place. I do not trust the dog owner to pick up after it. I rarely see people clean up after their dog.

Calamari41

Oct 25, 2017
Yes?

Have you worked retail? Been to a family restaurant? Every single day there was misbehaving children. Many even made messes and the parents thought it waa cute and took pictures while leaving it.

I'm all for sympathizing with parenting being tough but I'm not seeing how that is a free pass to let your children misbehave.

So do you think that your job at a family restaurant might be skewing your perspective on the prominence of "entitled parents" vs "entitled dog owners?" I'd be interested in what kind if misbehavior you're talking about, too. Are we talking constant sprinting kids messing with other tables? Or just kids yelling or something? Genuinely interested. I'm sure you get it all, but what is prominent?

How many parents took pictures of their kids' messes while calling it cute? That sounds like something that happened once, is that a single anecdote or a daily occurrence?

And I'm not saying that these types of parents should get a free pass. You're arguing that people who think that these parents should get a free pass are cracking down on dog owners.

To the retail question, it's actually kind of funny because there's a massive problem in my area with people bringing their dogs into supermarkets and places like Home Depot, and them shitting and pissing all over the floors. Our city council is actually trying to figure out how to deal with it, because everyone just says that their dog is a service dog, and waltzes right past the protesting employees. My local Trader Joe's had to toss a ton of their flower display while I was there because a huge dog just pissed all over them. Never seen a kid running wild in any of those stores, personally, but I don't know what an employee would say. They do tell me about "the god damn dogs" any time they have a chance, though.

Also yes, I have been to a family restaurant before. I have a 2.5 year old, and I go to our local popular specifically family restaurant once per week on Kids Eat Free Night (and you can imagine the popularity on that day) and once or twice per week in addition to that. For whatever that's worth, I've actually never seen kids running around wild there either, and that place can fit like 200 people. Anecdotal I know, but I'm around kids at prime misbehavior age all the time and I just don't see it very much if ever.

Last edited:

Chi-Guy

Alt account
Banned
Mar 20, 2019
As a dog owner I don't let my dog go on others lawn. His urine has done a number on my lawn and I don't want to be responsible for some one else's lawn

GodofWine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
For whatever it's worth, I did fuck up with that title (and the language in the OP) letting my anger with the specific rude way my neighbors were raising the point, which doesn't really properly have anything to do with the actual topic. (And I'd totally ask a mod to edit the title if I felt like the thread had much more steam in it, but it seems like it's winding down.)

That said, I most certainly pick up after my dog, and I don't think anyone else in here is saying it's at all acceptable to fail to do that, at least. (And personally I always take it back with me to dispose in my own trashcan, for whatever it's worth.)

Its the pee that angers me more, its KILLS the grass - that allows weed to grow, spread...its just pure assholery on the dog owners part. Its really not functionally different than if I walked around spraying peoples lawns with grass killer. Its the same outcome. Dog owners please let your dog piss and shit on your own property. Its dirty, my kids might want to play on my front lawn etc etc.

Its just lazy / stubborn / selfish etc.

I tell people (in a nice way), that I don't like dogs, don't expect me to like your dog just cause I like you (I forbid my father in law from bringing his dog over cause he'll; let it ruin my yard and laugh about how much the dog pisses)...you don't have to like my kids, but my kids don't piss and shit on your lawn. I'm very very aware of when my kids (older now so not an issue) might have been ruining stuff for others, and have left restaurants having barely eaten (paid bill! lol)

My lawn is not cheap to keep nice, especially using organic stuff (so as to not make the asshole dogs sick - see I have a heart)

Radd Redd

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly it doesn't bother me if other dog owners dogs take a dump in my yard. They better pick up the mess though. Now when I walk my dog I never let it take a dump in other peoples yard because I just assume people are jerks and would be offended a dog was being a dog. My dogs either do their business at the park, home(backyard only), or the strip of grass by the sidewalk. I'm not okay grabbing messy poop off the sidewalk and will drag my dog to the patch of sidewalk grass to poop.

OP
OP
Boogiepop

Boogiepop

Oct 25, 2017
For whatever it's worth, I think people saying "it's not acceptable" have changed my mind. Not that I won't still think it's an odd thing to get upset over that I don't think I'll personally get (outside of cases where actual damage is occurring, yeah, or people being asses and not picking up after their animal), but if it clearly upsets this many people then yeah, I'll keep it in mind in the future.

EN1GMA

Avenger
Nov 7, 2017
This is not a complex issue. Owning a dog does not give you a pass to use someones property for personal reasons nor does it give you a pass to use their trash. It's the owners responsibility to get their dog to go on an area that has been approved or simply have them do their business on your own lawn. It's also the owners responsibility to dispose of the shit in their own trash.

If it doesn't belong to you then don't use or touch it without permission.

Last edited:

Soundscream

Nov 2, 2017
Ive always had my dog poop/piss on the tiny strip of grass unless one didnt exist. But it always as close to the curb as possible.

Trice

Banned
Nov 3, 2018
Croatia
If your dog shits in my yard, regardless if you pick it up or not, you're a fucking asshole. Same goes for pissing. Some people feel just fine letting their dogs piss on my front yard's white stone walls. How about I take a piss on your house walls.

Pricks. Don't mess with people's private property in ANY capacity.

Last edited:

Deleted member 33887

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
I'm ambivalent about the issue. I lived in a house where one of the neighbor's dogs would piss on our mailbox every single day practically. That seemed really over the line to me. It's one thing if it i's like once a week, but nearly every day? Take your dog somewhere else for once.

On the other hand, I walked a foster dog for a week or two, and that dog was super particular about where he would go to the bathroom. He would also spend like 20 minutes peeing in as many places as possible, so it was effectively impossible to stop him from peeing on something I did not want him to pee on. It was somewhat helped by fences, but that dog really loved relieving himself everywhere. It goes with marking territory I guess.

I tend to lean toward supporting the neighbors though. Ultimately it is their property, and if they don't want your dog there, then it shouldn't be there. I hate siding with this group of people though, because I feel like it's an extension of people who whine about every perceived slight you make against their lawn, and then throw leaves, sticks, and rocks in your yard. On the other hand, for every neighbor that cleans up after their dog, there's probably another two that don't. So I can understand people wanting to be proactive about the issue.

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
So do you think that your job at a family restaurant might be skewing your perspective on the prominence of "entitled parents" vs "entitled dog owners?" I'd be interested in what kind if misbehavior you're talking about, too. Are we talking constant sprinting kids messing with other tables? Or just kids yelling or something? Genuinely interested. I'm sure you get it all, but what is prominent?

How many parents took pictures of their kids' messes while calling it cute? That sounds like something that happened once, is that a single anecdote or a daily occurrence?

And I'm not saying that these types of parents should get a free pass. You're arguing that people who think that these parents should get a free pass are cracking down on dog owners.

To the retail question, it's actually kind of funny because there's a massive problem in my area with people bringing their dogs into supermarkets and places like Home Depot, and them shitting and pissing all over the floors. Our city council is actually trying to figure out how to deal with it, because everyone just says that their dog is a service dog, and waltzes right past the protesting employees. My local Trader Joe's had to toss a ton of their flower display while I was there because a huge dog just pissed all over them. Never seen a kid running wild in any of those stores, personally, but I don't know what an employee would say. They do tell me about "the god damn dogs" any time they have a chance, though.
Retail is where you see it the most and pretty much anyone I worked with or I met who that worked in retail all said misbehaving children were frequent and the worst. Restaurants it was throwing cutlery or if crayons were offered they threw those around. Definitely a lot of screaming which is disruptive however that level of misbehaving is pretty normal in general.

I saw the pictures of their children misbehaving at least once a week. That might sound small to you but a parent taking photo's of their children acting up and causing messes is pretty crazy in general.

Dogs shouldn't be allowed in food markets. You won't have any argument from me there. Home Depot the only issue is for the safety of the animal otherwise I see no issue.

Maybe it's an area difference for us. Misbehaving children is as common as Starbucks on very corner here.

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017
On the other hand, I walked a foster dog for a week or two, and that dog was super particular about where he would go to the bathroom. He would also spend like 20 minutes peeing in as many places as possible, so it was effectively impossible to stop him from peeing on something I did not want him to pee on. It was somewhat helped by fences, but that dog really loved relieving himself everywhere. It goes with marking territory I guess.
I mean, that's the kind of behavior you're supposed to train them out of.

sooperkool

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's my yard. If I don't want your dog pooping and pissing in it then you need to respect that. You chose to have s dog, I didn't. If that means you need to go somewhere else to let your dog poop then so be it, that's a choice you made by having a dog.

Boogs31

Oct 28, 2017
Ohio
Unfortunately opinions on a message board are bad indicators of how one should behave. I could post any issue under the sun, and I'd get diametrically opposed views that both posters insist is the "polite" way to handle things.

Edit- adding on to this, I've received specific advice from both sides. I have neighbors who have made it clear that they don't want poo in their cans, and they put signage to this effect on the cans. I respect that request. I've also had neighbors telling me to absolutely drop poo in their cans when it's convenient, because they appreciate that I'm cleaning it off the street and they don't really care if there is trash in their trash can.

Already addressed the first issue. You can't dispose of certain, specific types of waste in neighborhood trash. Dog poo isn't on this list.

I'd advise you to worry about the more productive areas of your life, rather than micromanaging the contents of your trash can.

If you have neighbors that say it's okay, then use their bins and not other random people's trash cans that may be annoyed. You have stated that some people have put signage up indicating they don't like you doing that. So that should give you a clue that perhaps this act that YOU don't find to be a big deal, is in fact a big deal to other people. And others may not have the time or resources to put up a sign even if they feel the same way. You sound incredibly selfish and inconsiderate with all your comments suggesting other people's feelings don't matter if they don't align with how you feel.

And is it that hard to just carry the poop bag back to your own trash can?