• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Calamari41

Oct 25, 2017
Retail is where you see it the most and pretty much anyone I worked with or I met who that worked in retail all said misbehaving children were frequent and the worst. Restaurants it was throwing cutlery or if crayons were offered they threw those around. Definitely a lot of screaming which is disruptive however that level of misbehaving is pretty normal in general.

I saw the pictures of their children misbehaving at least once a week. That might sound small to you but a parent taking photo's of their children acting up and causing messes is pretty crazy in general.

Dogs shouldn't be allowed in food markets. You won't have any argument from me there. Home Depot the only issue is for the safety of the animal otherwise I see no issue.

Maybe it's an area difference for us. Misbehaving children is as common as Starbucks on very corner here.

That's probably what it is. I actually surprised myself thinking back and realizing that I've never seen serious misbehavior other than, like you said, things along the lines of raised voices or tossed crayons at our restaurant over the years we've been regulars. And I'm in an area with a lot of young families. There have been messes obviously, which comes with the territory especially with the young ones, but I can't speak to whether the parents tried to tidy up or gave bigger tips or what.

The parents taking pictures of badly behaving kids is wild, I can't imagine what would possess them to do that. That goes beyond negligence and into active encouragement. That's the kind of thing I see from our local dog owners, which is probably why we're seeing this from totally opposite perspectives. There's a thread on my local community forum (very active, 26k members and the post has over 300 responses) about a specific incident with a dog peeing on someone else's table inside a restaurant, and most of the replies are from people calling the OP variations of a "dog hater." One person said "don't go if you don't like it." So, that's where I'm coming from regarding who is entitled.

Boogs31

Oct 28, 2017
Ohio
From my perspective, we all share public space, and allowing someone to put trash in my can keeps it off the street. I'm in this very situation: my cans are in the alley, and they often get trash from passersby. Dog food, various scraps and wrappers, and frequently old bags of fast food.

This doesn't bother me, because:

A) This means it isn't getting littered in my neighborhood
B) I can't smell the cans from my house.
C) My cans never fill up

And to your concern "As many as 80 people could be dropping trash in my can".
A) Does this ever happen? Are you finding your can full, and are unable to dispose of your household refuse? For me, this would be a reasonable concern. But as I've clearly stated that my can never gets full, and I actively welcome people dropping trash in it, this isn't a problem I've seen. I'd love more elaboration from your perspective.

Fundamentally, I prefer that people's trash goes into a trash can. I'm not concerned with which can, because it all goes to the same place, and no one is being charged (in my area, at least) based on the quantity of trash in their can.

The key to being a considerate person is understanding that people are different, and therefore have different opinions about things. And that includes what may or may not annoy them or what they consider to be rude behavior. If you look at what I bolded, your whole argument is based on your perspective and how you feel. Other people feel differently, as evidenced by this thread and by people going out of their way to put up signs. You keep ignoring that and stating your own thoughts and feelings over and over.

I go out of my way to avoid annoying other people, especially when it's very easy to do so. I would describe you carrying your poop bag for a few more minutes as an easy way to potentially avoid upsetting another person.

Trice

Banned
Nov 3, 2018
Croatia
This is not a complex issue. Owning a dog does not give you a pass to use someones property for personal reasons nor does it give you a pass to use their trash. It's the owners responsibility to get their dog to go on an area that has been approved or simply have them do their business on your own lawn. It's also the owners responsibility to dispose of the shit in their own trash.

If it doesn't belong to you then don't use or touch it without permission.
This, clear and simple. Don't mess with other people's private property. Your dog is your own responsibility, you chose to have a dog. Don't use people's trash or yards to conduct any business.

How hard is being respectful? Doesn't matter if some people are fine with it or you think it's not a big deal. It's not your call to make.

Jeronimo

Nov 16, 2017
No. We have have made it very clear to neighbors that we don't want people or their dogs in our yard. It's sloped and has a dry creek bed with huge stones for water drainage. We paid to have it properly drained and landscaped and don't want you on our grass, falling on our property, or your dog's pee killing our plants.

Oct 27, 2017
Having been a homeowner I get the frustration of having dogs shit on your lawn and it's because a lot of people are scum who don't clean up after their dog. So it gets to the point of, "You know what? Everybody just keep your damn dog off my property".

KHarvey16

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I just have to reiterate how utterly bizarre it is to me that anyone at anytime would think using a stranger's property, be it a lawn or a trash can or anything else without explicit permission is some acceptable default state. It's fucking crazy.

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
That's probably what it is. I actually surprised myself thinking back and realizing that I've never seen serious misbehavior other than, like you said, things along the lines of raised voices or tossed crayons at our restaurant over the years we've been regulars. And I'm in an area with a lot of young families. There have been messes obviously, which comes with the territory especially with the young ones, but I can't speak to whether the parents tried to tidy up or gave bigger tips or what.
I mean it's good that at least the parents where you are seem to handle things well enough. I wish the ones I saw daily were like that xD

The parents taking pictures of badly behaving kids is wild, I can't imagine what would possess them to do that. That goes beyond negligence and into active encouragement. That's the kind of thing I see from our local dog owners, which is probably why we're seeing this from totally opposite perspectives. There's a thread on my local community forum (very active, 26k members and the post has over 300 responses) about a specific incident with a dog peeing on someone else's table inside a restaurant, and most of the replies are from people calling the OP variations of a "dog hater." One person said "don't go if you don't like it." So, that's where I'm coming from regarding who is entitled.
You would be surprised at some of the crazy stuff I saw daily. I saw one lady let her child climb to the top of the industrial ladders that is like 20ft which is not only quite high but also has many spaces to fall through. The parent just leaned against the ladder on her cellphone while her kid was at risk of falling and plummeting to her death. I had to book it across the store and tell the parent to get her down and all she did was motion for her kid to follow while I carefully helped the child down. One of the weirdest aspects was seeing how many parents were totally fine just ditching their kids or letting them put themselves into harms way because they didn't want to deal with them. The place I worked had technology, furniture and office supplies so constantly things like glue were opened and spilled everywhere, paint thrown around and never cleaned up, glitter spills, one kid that sat on a glass table and was heavier broke the entire thing, some kids would harass workers and make rude comments (calling some fat) and overall add in screaming and running around.

I will say as a massive dog and animal lover those people on the forum sound nuts. That is completely unacceptable of the owner and criticizing them doesn't equate to hating the dog.

Nov 17, 2017
Honestly it doesn't bother me if other dog owners dogs take a dump in my yard. They better pick up the mess though. Now when I walk my dog I never let it take a dump in other peoples yard because I just assume people are jerks and would be offended a dog was being a dog. My dogs either do their business at the park, home(backyard only), or the strip of grass by the sidewalk. I'm not okay grabbing messy poop off the sidewalk and will drag my dog to the patch of sidewalk grass to poop.
People aren't offended that a dog is being a dog. People don't like that some people feel it's ok to let their dog poop on other peoples' lawns. Nothing is directed at the dog, it's directed at the person who is supposed to be controlling the dog. You're responsible for what your dog does.

Not letting your dog go on someone's lawn because it's a rude thing to do is a much better reason than believing they're jerks for thinking they should have some say in what complete strangers do on their private property.

The world is full of entitled people but somehow it's always dog owners that get labelled the hardest just because it involves animals.
I think the funniest thing about this whole dog owner persecution tangent is I'm willing to bet a good number of the people here saying the neighbors are in the right are also dog owners. I'm a dog owner and my girlfriend is as well so I spend a lot of time walking dogs and if you're regularly letting your dog poop and pee on people's property, you're a rude, entitled prick. I'm not talking one or two times where your focus was just off and before you knew it your dog was going. I mean that you actually feel that it's no problem at all to let your dog go on other peoples' lawns and just let it happen.

There's no conspiracy or bias against dog owners. Dog owners (and pet owners in general) can be very entitled as are many of the ones in this thread. Not all of them but the entitled ones can be very extreme with it. And honestly, who cares about parents and their kids? It's a completely different discussion. Most of your arguments here have been "But what about this other non-related thing?" as if the existence of other problems means you can't talk about this one.

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
I think the funniest thing about this whole dog owner persecution tangent is I'm willing to bet a good number of the people here saying the neighbors are in the right are also dog owners. I'm a dog owner and my girlfriend is as well so I spend a lot of time walking dogs and if you're regularly letting your dog poop and pee on people's property, you're a rude, entitled prick. I'm not talking one or two times where your focus was just off and before you knew it your dog was going. I mean that you actually feel that it's no problem at all to let your dog go on other peoples' lawns and just let it happen.
Could be but why am I supposed to care exactly? Especially the rest of your sentence which seems directed at me even though it almost never happens with my own dog. My stance is I don't think it's an issue getting upset about, not that I do it carelessly and constantly.

There's no conspiracy or bias against dog owners. Dog owners (and pet owners in general) can be very entitled as are many of the ones in this thread. Not all of them but the entitled ones can be very extreme with it. And honestly, who cares about parents and their kids? It's a completely different discussion. Most of your arguments here have been "But what about this other non-related thing?" as if the existence of other problems means you can't talk about this one.
Yes dog owners can be entitled. I have met plenty such as ones who let their dog shit on lawns and public spaces and even after being told to clean it up refuse. This does not mean that dog owners aren't unfairly targeted for things. Building and transit restrictions are huge, bringing them into stores that allow dogs and complaining, etc. The comparison isn't right in this thread which I already mentioned earlier however I think it's completely valid in other topics where parents, who are responsible for their children shouldn't be excusing destructive behavior.

The problem that you have failed to understand is I'm not here to debate or argue my judgement. I posted that I experience this and that I don't care because it's not an issue as long as they clean up after their animal because I'm not a miserable asshole. You keep arguing as though I'm trying to change your stance. I'm not. It doesn't bother me and it never will. Owners not cleaning up after their animal? Yes. Entitled. I agree.

Radd Redd

Oct 27, 2017
People aren't offended that a dog is being a dog. People don't like that some people feel it's ok to let their dog poop on other peoples' lawns. Nothing is directed at the dog, it's directed at the person who is supposed to be controlling the dog. You're responsible for what your dog does.

Not letting your dog go on someone's lawn because it's a rude thing to do is a much better reason than believing they're jerks for thinking they should have some say in what complete strangers do on their private property.

Actually people are jerks, especially neighbors. I've had cops called on me walking my dog at night just because it was night time. Neighbors yelling amd cursing because I'm walking on the sidewalk and my dog got their pets all riled up just by walking by. I've had people throw rocks at my dogs just because "fuck you that's why" it's funny. People are jerks just not all of them I guess.

Nov 17, 2017
Could be but why am I supposed to care exactly? Especially the rest of your sentence which seems directed at me even though it almost never happens with my own dog. My stance is I don't think it's an issue getting upset about, not that I do it carelessly and constantly.
The later part of my statement was intended to be in general terms, so I didn't mean you as in you specifically. And I brought it up because you're acting like the arguments for the neighbors are people who hate dog owners or something when it's likely that many of them own dogs as well. The parent/kid thing is just a tangent.

The problem that you have failed to understand is I'm not here to debate or argue my judgement. I posted that I experience this and that I don't care because it's not an issue as long as they clean up after their animal because I'm not a miserable asshole. You keep arguing as though I'm trying to change your stance. I'm not. It doesn't bother me and it never will. Owners not cleaning up after their animal? Yes. Entitled. I agree.
Nah, I get what you're doing and I'm pointing out why I think it's wrong. The fact that you brought up the whole "dog owners are unfairly targeted" was funny to me because it really doesn't have anything to do with the main topic of the thread.

Actually people are jerks, especially neighbors. I've had cops called on me walking my dog at night just because it was night time. Neighbors yelling amd cursing because I'm walking on the sidewalk and my dog got their pets all riled up just by walking by. I've had people throw rocks at my dogs just because "fuck you that's why" it's funny. People are jerks just not all of them I guess.
Yes, people can be jerks, especially neighbors. Some of them will let their dog walk on your yard and piss and poop on it.

I never argued that people can't be jerks or that the neighbors aren't jerks. Maybe they are straight up assholes. They're still in the right for not wanting people to let their dogs poop on their property. That doesn't make them a jerk.

Calamari41

Oct 25, 2017

That really sucks, it's horrible that you have to go through any of that. I think if this were the story in the OP, the responses in the thread would overwhelmingly be in agreement with the thread title's question.

mute

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Just from my experience with my own dog, the idea that I can somehow control where he does his thing is rediculous. The only alternative would be to just not take him on walks.

sugururu

Apr 16, 2019
You can't really control where the dog goes, especially if you're walking it around the neighborhood itself. If you clean up after the dog, it's not going to leave damage on their lawn. People can get uppity about those who don't pick up the poo, that's fine, but why those who do? You can't control the dogs bladder and where the dog goes. The dog goes where it wants to go.

Had something similar in my neighborhood, someone on Nextdoor was flipping out and said they'd shoot people whose dogs did so much as tinkle on their property. Not sure who that person / people were but they never lived up to their promise. It's just silly to me that people think that they can control where someone else's dog goes. Not even the owner can do that. My dog goes when she wants to go, I can't force her to wait until we get to a non residential patch of grass. As long as it's cleaned up, I don't really care. Hell on my yard I don't really care if someone doesn't clean it up as long as I don't step in it.

Books

Alt account
Banned
Feb 4, 2019
You can't really control where the dog goes, especially if you're walking it around the neighborhood itself. If you clean up after the dog, it's not going to leave damage on their lawn. People can get uppity about those who don't pick up the poo, that's fine, but why those who do? You can't control the dogs bladder and where the dog goes. The dog goes where it wants to go.

Had something similar in my neighborhood, someone on Nextdoor was flipping out and said they'd shoot people whose dogs did so much as tinkle on their property. Not sure who that person / people were but they never lived up to their promise. It's just silly to me that people think that they can control where someone else's dog goes. Not even the owner can do that. My dog goes when she wants to go, I can't force her to wait until we get to a non residential patch of grass. As long as it's cleaned up, I don't really care. Hell on my yard I don't really care if someone doesn't clean it up as long as I don't step in it.
This is untrue.

Calamari41

Oct 25, 2017
Unless there's a specific individual medical or behavioral issue, you can train pretty much any dog to go to the bathroom on one particular spot with like a week of training, if not less.

Burli

Nov 7, 2017
I feel you on the uppity neighbours front. The block of flats I live in (owner, not a renter) have a communal garden with a shared trampoline and one of the residents recently came out of her flat to tell me that I couldn't make any noise while playing with my children because it was a communal garden. She literally did the mouth-zipping motion at me. I was fucking livid.

Deleted member 41178

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 18, 2018
I really don't understand the people who are dropping poo bags in other peoples bins.

If I'm out with the dogs i'll carry the poo bags until I either come across a poo bin or until I get home.

last weekend for example took the dogs out for a walk they both went as soon as we were less than half a mile from the house, bagged it up and I held onto it until I got home because I didn't notice a proper bin on my walk. That walk was just over 7 miles. It's really not difficult.

Trice

Banned
Nov 3, 2018
Croatia
"You can't control where a dog goes!" is not a valid argument and is simply untrue.

It's your responsibility to make sure it doesn't shit or piss on other people's property. Not my problem you're not capable of training your dog properly.

Seganomics

Oct 29, 2017
I'm certainly no prude, but I feel bad about dropping an empty crisp packet in somebody's bin that is out for collection and not taking it home for disposal.
I just didn't know people thought it was okay to throw bags of shit in other people's trash after letting their dog crap on a strangers property. Incredible stuff.

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
I just didn't know people thought it was okay to throw bags of shit in other people's trash after letting their dog shit on a strangers property. Incredible stuff.

Worst one for me are people who pick up their dog's crap with a bag and then hang it on a fence post or tree etc! I mean really, why even bother picking it up in the first place?!

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
If you dont want animals in your yard then put a wall around it. Dogs are dogs and you cant control where they shit all the time. But you can control where they ALWAYS prefer to shit. As long as you are cleaning the shit they leave, it's totally fine but I can see how peeing can be a problem if there are plenty of dogs in the area.

I live in the city so I taught my dog to pee in a tree in the square close to my home but he obviously sometimes wants to pee in other places, so I try to take him at least far from someone's door and dont let him pee in cars. He shits in the same square, far from any residence/shop.

Btw, not surprised by the general opinion of the members, people here always seem over sensitivity

Dec 2, 2017
You'd get seriously yelled at here if someone would let their dog do their business on someone else's lawn or garden. People might even call the Ordnungsdienst (public guard services) on you. I didn't even know this is a thing that seems to be ok to some people. We have a lot of dogs here but threy don't walk around on other people's lawns.

Trice

Banned
Nov 3, 2018
Croatia
If you dont want animals in your yard then put a wall around it. Dogs are dogs and you cant control where they shit all the time. But you can control where they ALWAYS prefer to shit. As long as you are cleaning the shit they leave, it's totally fine but I can see how peeing can be a problem if there are plenty of dogs in the area.

No, it's your job to make sure your dog doesn't shit on people's private property. Wall or no wall, it's none of your business. Private property is private.

LL_Decitrig

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sunderland
It took me a while to realise that the dog owner was taking his dog onto other people's property. Why would anybody do that? Stay on the footpath, whether you're alone or walking the dog. Then there won't be any problems.

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
do you call the cops everytime someone steps on your grass?

hqbpye4jx2421.gif

Nov 9, 2017
Just from my experience with my own dog, the idea that I can somehow control where he does his thing is rediculous. The only alternative would be to just not take him on walks.

Every dog I have walked seems to have spots they like to poop. They usually sniff out the spots to make sure it is to their liking before they do their business. Saying that its a total crap-shoot as to where they may go seems a little questionable to me IMO.

Golden

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 9, 2018
This, clear and simple. Don't mess with other people's private property. Your dog is your own responsibility, you chose to have a dog. Don't use people's trash or yards to conduct any business.

How hard is being respectful? Doesn't matter if some people are fine with it or you think it's not a big deal. It's not your call to make.
Agree. I would be rightly angry if someone let their dog sit in my garden or used my bin. Fortunately this is definitely not a thing in England.

Trice

Banned
Nov 3, 2018
Croatia
do you call the cops everytime someone steps on your grass?
Cops are useless where I live. If someone were to piss or shit on my property we'd have a problem.

What do you not understand about not encroaching on someone's private property? There's no discussion to be had. Your dog, your choice, be a responsible adult and use the leash for its intended purpose.

Dervius

Oct 28, 2017
UK
Really misunderstood the OP until I saw the replies. I though your neighbours were annoyed at you letting your dog poo on your own front garden, which was ridiculous.

Now I know you were annoyed that neighbours objected to your dogs peeing and pooing on their gardens. This is perfeclty legitimate.

Genuinely astonished people are argung otherwise. The idea that your dog can freely defecate on someone elses property, cleaned up or not, is just baffling to me.

Nov 17, 2017

I am really surprised people are still saying this. You're saying you have no way of stopping your dog from going to the bathroom on someone else's lawn? Are you just letting your dog run around without a leash?

I can't control with pinpoint precision where my dog will poop but I sure as hell can control where he doesn't go. Like obviously people aren't saying that you need to train your dog to poop on a specific target. You just need to make sure your dog doesn't poop on someone's lawn which is as easy as keeping them off the lawn entirely because it's not your lawn and you and your dog shouldn't be on it in the first place.

"You can't control where a dog goes!" is not a valid argument and is simply untrue.

It's your responsibility to make sure it doesn't shit or piss on other people's property. Not my problem you're not capable of training your dog properly.
Seriously. You don't even have to train your dog not to piss or shit on people's lawns. Here's a life hack for all the people who think it's impossible to control where their dog poops:

If the dog never steps foot on the lawn, it's actually physically impossible for them to poop or pee on the lawn. There's a handy tool that lets you do this, it's called a leash.

mute

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Every dog I have walked seems to have spots they like to poop. They usually sniff out the spots to make sure it is to their liking before they do their business. Saying that its a total crap-shoot as to where they may go seems a little questionable to me IMO.
My experience is limited to my dog and the one neighborhood he has lived in his whole life, but sure it isn't random but it isn't necessarily predictable either. Our neighborhood has stations setup every block or so with trash cans and bag dispensers for people who walk their dogs, it is more likely he will do his thing near those because other dogs do, but also because we tend to pass by one of those each trip. But even if he does that, or I let him out on my yard first to intentionally get it done on my property before we go, he still 99% of the time will need to go again before the ~1-2 mile loop of our neighborhood is over, and it is never in the same place. But where I live is very dog friendly, there are traces of poop/pee every step of the way from all the other dogs, which is going to make other dogs continue to go over it again in the same places.

Trice

Banned
Nov 3, 2018
Croatia
Really misunderstood the OP until I saw the replies. I though your neighbours were annoyed at you letting your dog poo on your own front garden, which was ridiculous.

Now I know you were annoyed that neighbours objected to your dogs peeing and pooing on their gardens. This is perfeclty legitimate.

Genuinely astonished people are argung otherwise. The idea that your dog can freely defecate on someone elses property, cleaned up or not, is just baffling to me.
They're arguing otherwise because dogs . They love their pets and have a hard time imagining that some people are not fine with it in the way they are. Same goes for some parents and their kids who can do no wrong.

Basically lack of respect towards others.

Oct 25, 2017
My mom got really annoyed at dog people who'd let their dogs go on our property, because the dog urine was killing her boxwoods. It's one of those "one person doing this isn't an issue, but everyone is doing it" kind of things.

(As to the trash can thing, if the cans are by the street I'd dump it and wouldn't begrudge someone else doing it. Obviously if the cans are around the side or not out at the curb that calculus changes.)

DirtyLarry

Oct 27, 2017
Interesting thread.
So in my neighborhood there are no sidewalks but a decent amount of traffic. I have to walk in the street and so does my dog. When cars are coming, I stay in the street and put my dog up on the curb, which means people's lawns. My dog also has no rhyme or reason to how and when he poops, he just does.
I literally take a back pack with me everytime that has his poop bags, and it is where I put them in once he does his business and then I throw them out at my house. I do everything right as far as always picking it up and taking it with me.
So what am I supposed to do with no sidewalks and hence no strip of grass? Especially if people insist on doing 50 miles per hour in 25 hour residential neighborhoods.
And yes, I have a yard. My dog poops multiple times a day and his walks are the favorite part of the day.

I get not wanting it to happen, I do, but I do not have a whole lot of options. I have a right to walk my dog.

EDIT - Adding a pic as I know a lot of people may not believe there are no sidewalks. There are no sidewalks on 80% of our walk.
http:///0Hrd.jpg

Last edited:

Trice

Banned
Nov 3, 2018
Croatia
Interesting thread.
So in my neighborhood there are no sidewalks but a decent amount of traffic. I have to walk in the street and so does my dog. When cars are coming, I stay in the street and put my dog up on the curb, which means people's lawns. My dog also has no rhyme or reason to how and when he poops, he just does.
I literally take a back pack with me everytime that has his poop bags, and it is where I put them in once he does his business and then I throw them out at my house. I do everything right as far as always picking it up and taking it with me.
So what am I supposed to do with no sidewalks and hence no strip of grass? Especially if people insist on doing 50 miles per hour in 25 hour residential neighborhoods.
And yes, I have a yard. My dog poops multiple times a day and his walks are the favorite part of the day.

I get not wanting it to happen, I do, but I do not have a whole lot of options. I have a right to walk my dog.
Perhaps train the dog? Go further out? Tug your dog from people's lawn? You have a right to walk your dog but others have the right for their property being safe from dog shit, which trumps your right of walking your dog by default. Your problem is not theirs, it's exclusively yours and or of the city who don't have proper dog areas.

It's not rocket science.

DirtyLarry

Oct 27, 2017
Perhaps train the dog? Go further out? Tug your dog from people's lawn? You have a right to walk your dog but others have the right for their property being safe from dog shit, which trumps your right of walking your dog by default. Your problem is not theirs, it's exclusively yours and or of the city who don't have proper dog areas.

It's not rocket science.
It may not be rocket science, but it is nature. More on that below.

I added a picture above. Where do I tug my dog when cars are coming down the road? Nevermind the fact it is dangerous for both of us to be walking in the road. I have almost been hit by people not paying attention at least 5 times.
And I trained my dog to shit outside. You think I can train him when to shit? Have you ever owned a dog? Can you control every single time you have to take a shit??
And is their property not safe from dog shit as you put it if I pick it up everytime? If I did not pick it up I get that, but everytime it is picked up.
Not only that, is their (or let's just say your) property also safe from bird shit and rabbit shit and deer shit? You do realize all animals poop right? Not just dogs? People seem to get so upset about poop when it is happening all over their lawns due to regular nature.

Trice

Banned
Nov 3, 2018
Croatia
It may not be rocket science, but it is nature. More on that below.

I added a picture above. Where do I tug my dog when cars are coming down the road? Nevermind the fact it is dangerous for both of us to be walking in the road. I have almost been hit by people not paying attention at least 5 times.
And I trained my dog to shit outside. You think I can train him when to shit? Have you ever owned a dog? Can you control every single time you have to take a shit??
And is there property not safe from dog shit as you put it if I pick it up everytime? If I did not pick it up I get that, but everytime it is picked up.
Not only that, is their (or let's just say your) property also safe from bird shit and rabbit shit and deer shit? You do realize all animals poop right? Not just dogs? People seem to get so upset about poop when it is happening all over their lawns due to regular nature.
I see a lot of trees in the picture, surely there's areas which are more appropriate than people's yards? Pick the shit up or don't, it does not matter. You're still encroaching on private property.

Your dog is a pet and not a wild animal. If someone brings their pet rabbit or bird to shit or piss in my yard, I'd have the same reaction.

You on the other hand ARE responsible for your pet. It's your choice to own a dog and your choice to walk the dog. There's all that need to be said. Use the leash and respect people's privacy.

Tigress

Oct 25, 2017
Washington
I never realized letting your dogs poop on other people's yards was a thing, even if you did intend to pick up after.

They'd poop in my yard, then we went for a walk.

That's nice. My dog won't poop until she's walked a bit. Sometimes it takes the whole walk before she poops. And she'll hold it if you don't let her pick the perfect place (if I jerk her away she'll just keep waiting until another "perfect place"). She is kinda picky and I have no idea what she's sniffing for that perfect place.