• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

psynergyadept

Oct 26, 2017
I get everyone wants to get in on the dogpile and who can act indignant and upset the most but where in my initial post did I say I was in a position to tell the girl what to wish for. Where did I say it shouldn't be granted. Where do you see anything in my post that would take away from this wish? Can anyone on ResetERA prevent this? No. We are on a discussion forum and I mentioned how this is now the second time I have seen a wish like this where the chance to see a movie is at the top and wondering why that is.

Why do we even post here then if the goal isn't to even discuss the subject at hand. You can easily say, don't even post but then what about those who post 'what is this shit' 'fuck you' 'fuck off outta here' etc.

again I think you're just putting to much thought into you first post; she's only 12 man most kids that even get the wish aren't doing anything spectacluar; it's meeting your favorite athlete(team)/musician/actor(actress), being mayor for a day, or be a superhero for a day. Why must she wish for something more grandiose? I'm sure other kids wish for things outside seeing a movie but it all depends on what can actually be accomplished by the parties involved.

Most kids her age look up to these "superheroes" because it gives them the strength to keep on fighting. I don't think it has anything to do with "the power of corporations" but as these superheores are battling evil theyre battling their own evil.(cancer)

Oct 25, 2017
Disney has done this A LOT in the past. It doesn't get the publicity the JJ Abrams and Daniel Fleetwood thing did, but Abrams showed TFA to several terminally ill people in 2015. It's something that has happened in the past, and there's really no reason why it can't happen for her. It just needs to get the attention of the right people.

That's good to know.

It breaks my heart just reading the title. I hope the right folks get this point there way.

:(

demosthenes

Oct 25, 2017
What kind of horseshit is this? You're literally picking on a person with months to live.

But, to take down your asinine suggestions.

1. Experiencing Zero-G may not be something she considers special or exciting.

2. She can't have a massive house and family on the count of you know...dying.

3. Who says she isn't already playing with her friends and family?

In short, shut the fuck up.

You can make your point without the last sentence.

Hope she gets to see it it be told how it's going to end. Tragic.

Deleted member 2563

User-requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
again I think you're just putting to much thought into you first post; she's only 12 man most kids that even get the wish aren't doing anything spectacluar; it's meeting your favorite athlete(team)/musician/actor(actress), being mayor for a day, or be a superhero for a day. Why must she wish for something more grandiose? I'm sure other kids wish for things outside seeing a movie but it all depends on what can actually be accomplished by the parties involved.

Most kids her age look up to these "superheroes" because it gives them the strength to keep on fighting. I don't think it has anything to do with "the power of corporations" but as these superheores are battling evil theyre battling their own evil.(cancer)
Really well put. Girl is in an awful situation just looking towards something to make her happy and comfort her. Madness I get what you're saying but your examples were not great. Going to space probably isn't even in the realm of possibilities in the kid's head. I also don't think a child is worrying about their family's living situation if they pass when they are trying to process the idea of dying at all, first and foremost.

The dogpiling here is embarrassing

Oaklight

Avenger
Jun 16, 2018
The movie is probably some ways from being finished, so she sadly wont be able to watch the finished film. That being said, they should have the Russo Brothers or even Feige come over and tell her everything she wants to know about the mcu and how Avengers 4 will end. I hope the best for her. Cancer is evil.

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
I can't imagine Marvel doesn't do this for her, the good will PR would be through the roof and they could use some right now ...
I feel so bad for her and her loved ones , so incredibly unfair , I hope their remaining time together is incredible

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Poor girl. Hope she gets what she wants.

Movie makers have gotten pretty ok with this sort of thing in the past, so I imagine it'll likely happen once the right people hear about it.

Lowrys

Oct 25, 2017
London
They should do it. Maybe a rough cut, show the ending, or at least have the stars come and pretend to be the characters and tell her how they saved the universe etc.

I also think about these things and how your dying wish is to see the end of a movie. We saw it previously with Force Awakens. I get it. As a kid I was consumed by media and movies and games. But that also speaks to the power of advertising and control these corporations have over us. This girl can wish for anything before she leaves and yet her wish is to see how a Disney/Marvel movie ends. No wish to go to the edge of space in a high altitude plane and experience zero-gravity, no wish to have a massive house for her family to live in together when she's gone, to play in a massive field with all her friends and toys and games and puppies one last time but to watch this. Look I'm not invalidating her wish. Just find it interesting that this is at the top of the list, even for a kid.
I'm not sure you can cite "wishing for a massive house" as a credible alternative.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
Holy fuck, I hope she gets to watch it, that'd certainly give some comfort to her and maybe to her family as well.

OP
OP
ManaByte

ManaByte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
Marvel did this last year for someone else who wasn't going to live to see Infinity War. I'm pretty confident they'll try to do something for her.

Mr. Robot

Oct 30, 2017
Is this response warranted to my post? Where did I project my demands on her? Can we not mention this at all? I even said I wasn't invalidating her wish...

I think that reply was too much, but you are thinking it too much too, maybe the kid could have worked for having a house, had she had the chance to keep living and working for it, and im sure her friends come to play and hang with her, zero gravity/rollercoasters, are just a thrill that she could also had or worked for, again, if she had the chance to keep living, knowing the end of a 10 year story of "superheroes" that she knows she will not be alive to see, seems like a good wish, even more if she is invested in the characters/is a fan.

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
Holy fuck, I hope she gets to watch it, that'd certainly give some comfort to her and maybe to her family as well.

She probably won't get to watch it, as all they'd have at this point is a pretty overlong rough cut waiting for effects and reshoots, but I wouldn't be surprised if some kind of script read happened for her with some of the actors visiting. It doesn't sound like there's enough time left to wait until a more viewable cut would be ready, unfortunately.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I get everyone wants to get in on the dogpile and who can act indignant and upset the most but where in my initial post did I say I was in a position to tell the girl what to wish for. Where did I say it shouldn't be granted. Where do you see anything in my post that would take away from this wish? Can anyone on ResetERA prevent this? No. We are on a discussion forum and I mentioned how this is now the second time I have seen a wish like this where the chance to see a movie is at the top and wondering why that is.

Why do we even post here then if the goal isn't to even discuss the subject at hand. You can easily say, don't even post but then what about those who post 'what is this shit' 'fuck you' 'fuck off outta here' etc.
How do you know this is the only wish she has? Maybe she also wishes good things for her family or has other aspirations/things she's leaving behind. Nowhere in this story does it say anything like "this is her ONLY IMPORTANT wish, she doesn't care as much for other things, like the wellbeing of her friends/family".

Like.. yeah, we're on a discussion forum, but you're making a lot of assumptions about her.. and needlessly criticizing a dying child isn't a good look, man.