• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 4518

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They should do it. Maybe a rough cut, show the ending, or at least have the stars come and pretend to be the characters and tell her how they saved the universe etc.

I also think about these things and how your dying wish is to see the end of a movie. We saw it previously with Force Awakens. I get it. As a kid I was consumed by media and movies and games. But that also speaks to the power of advertising and control these corporations have over us. This girl can wish for anything before she leaves and yet her wish is to see how a Disney/Marvel movie ends. No wish to go to the edge of space in a high altitude plane and experience zero-gravity, no wish to have a massive house for her family to live in together when she's gone, to play in a massive field with all her friends and toys and games and puppies one last time but to watch this. Look I'm not invalidating her wish. Just find it interesting that this is at the top of the list, even for a kid.
You're not her. Who cares. If that's what she wants before she passes away then so be it. Yeah anyone could wish for a million other more things but you're not them.

Sacul64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
They should do it. Maybe a rough cut, show the ending, or at least have the stars come and pretend to be the characters and tell her how they saved the universe etc.

I also think about these things and how your dying wish is to see the end of a movie. We saw it previously with Force Awakens. I get it. As a kid I was consumed by media and movies and games. But that also speaks to the power of advertising and control these corporations have over us. This girl can wish for anything before she leaves and yet her wish is to see how a Disney/Marvel movie ends. No wish to go to the edge of space in a high altitude plane and experience zero-gravity, no wish to have a massive house for her family to live in together when she's gone, to play in a massive field with all her friends and toys and games and puppies one last time but to watch this. Look I'm not invalidating her wish. Just find it interesting that this is at the top of the list, even for a kid.

How much does granting a wish cost?
The cost associated with coordinating a wish varies depending on the type of wish, but as of 2016, the average cost of a wish was $10,130.

http://wish.org/content/faq#Are-there-any-restrictions-on-a-wish

Their not buying her family a massive house. Dont over analyze a kid being a kid.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe give her one of the fake scripts but made especially for her with a very happy ending (the real one will have a happy ending as well). Or some people not associated with the movies could just make sure she knows none of the vaporized characters actually die, there's no pressure at all, Spider-Man is coming soon.

Mr. Fantastic

Alt-account
Banned
Apr 27, 2018
jesus christ at the dog pile in here

the dude was musing out loud, give him a break, it's not like he was the one who wished brain cancer upon himself like the other douche

chaosaeon

Oct 26, 2017
They adapted this in the 90s show and made the kid a girl with a terminal illness
Really ? I haven't seen that episode in a long time but I don't remember the girl being sick in that. I thought she was just his "greatest fan" or something, or is that a different episode where he also takes his mask off ?

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Really ? I haven't seen that episode in a long time but I don't remember the girl being sick in that. I thought she was just his "greatest fan" or something, or is that a different episode where he also takes his mask off ?
It's the same episode you're thinking of. It's a two parter, second part has Spider-Man get amnesia and get used by Doc Ock and the kid helps him remember who he is. You only find out at the end of the two parter, just like the comic with the signage for the building as Spider-Man is leaving, that the kid is going to die soon.

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017

the dude was musing out loud, give him a break, it's not like he was the one who wished brain cancer upon himself like the other douche
This.

Permaban this idiot. Reporting this post.
He was being sarcastic about Madness' post.

On topic: Stories like this break my heart. Why does cancer have to exist? It's the worst. I hope Disney/Marvel grants her wish. Can't even begin to imagine what that family is going through. :'(

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If there was a time to have a gif of IW Captain America nodding while zooming it, it's now.

chaosaeon

Oct 26, 2017
It's the same episode you're thinking of. It's a two parter, second part has Spider-Man get amnesia and get used by Doc Ock and the kid helps him remember who he is. You only find out at the end of the two parter, just like the comic with the signage for the building as Spider-Man is leaving, that the kid is going to die soon.
Damn, yeah I did not remember that at all. I remembered the girl being in her room with him and then being outside and running around with all the craziness so I guess I must have assumed she wasn't sick. I guess 90's tv show Spidey was even nicer than comic Spidey then since I think he took his mask off for her before he knew that.

ArtVandelay

User requested permanent ban
Banned
May 29, 2018
Goddamnit, dying from brain cancer at 16. It's depressing how unfair the world is.

Jombie

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe she can see a rough cut or something, it would be kind of lame if someone just told her about it.

Nov 24, 2017
The coolest thing they could do is have some of the cast fly out and act it out for her. Like that would be fucking awesome.

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
Gotta show her Captain Marvel, too!

* Edit * - Glad to see I wasn't the only one that thought this!

Wulfric

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, that is so sad. I can't imagine how her family feels.

Hopefully a big wig sees this and they have a rough cut they could share.

BrucCLea13k87

Oct 27, 2017
It's just a movie that can make a dying kid immeasurably happy. All the naysayers should just STFU. C'mon Marvel. I hope the Chris' get on this. And any other stars in the films.

Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018
Man some people really cannot take sarcasm/stupid jokes.

On topic: I hope she gets to see it, I couldn't imagine how much it would suck knowing I'm going to die before I get to see how Infinity War ends.

Deleted member 3815

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Sometime in life it's wise not to say anything and what the poster said was one of them. Hence why people are dog piling on the poster.

There was no reason to say that drivel at all.

I think that was the episode where I decided to make Spider-Man my role model.

I don't see anyone making fun of this girl or making jokes about her dying.

There was a poster joking wishing that they had brain cancer just so they can watch the movie, completely undermining the suffering that the girl had gone through and tired to backtrack from it with a pathetic "don't ban me" plea.

ZeldaGalaxy94

The Fallen
Nov 6, 2017
Sweden
DO IT
NOBODY should miss the ending of theirs favorite movie/serie because cancer! It is a fate worse than what happen to heroes of IW

Even my future death wish would be to just see any future Zelda(+Mario) games so that I can die happy knowing what lie ahead for my favorite game-serie

a916

Oct 25, 2017
It sucks to go through that, especially at a young age.

On one hand, show her the rough cut or whatever they have... on the other hand... can you afford to even wait to get a more polished look? They say months but you never know sadly.

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
Goddamnit, dying from brain cancer at 16. It's depressing how unfair the world is.

Neighbors' daughter had brain cancer when she was 12... spent months with poor control of the body below the neck and semi frequent convulsions because of surgery complications. Kid is ok now but it was so fucked up.

SleepSmasher

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
That would be awesome but I don't think Marvel is willing to do it. It would be too risky, I believe, since she can't be trusted to not spill it out to family and friends, and signing a NDA probably won't matter that much given her unfortunate condition.

Here's hoping it happens though, poor girl :(

TinfoilHatsROn

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Including this one too
?

Nah. No justification for that shit at all. He knows exactly what he was doing, just like the other poster who wished himself brain cancer did.
I don't know if you can understand sarcasm or not. You don't understand social context or you're just raging too hard here. Either way, 'lol' certainly means that post was making fun of the one he quoted. Calm down.

Same for the later post about wishing for a genie which you also called out.

Like, you understand genies are fictional correct? He's making fun of the fact that the original poster, Madness, wanted this cancer ridden child to spend her wish on more 'mature' wishes instead of corporate products.

Edit: To make it even more clear, both of flkRaven posts are mocking the Madness post. Not the cancer ridden child.

On topic: Tom Holland, the Spiderman actor should be the one to do it. I'm gonna send out some emails too. Really hopes the kid gets the wish. Just a fucking awful thing to happen to someone so young. Ugh.

Last edited: