• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Sagroth

Oct 28, 2017
A couple of predictions after these latest episodes(character stuff):

First, that severed Lobo finger that looked like it was growing in the credits scene means we're getting Kid Lobo like in the YJ comics.

Also, Halo is not just a Mother Box. In the comics they tie the emotional spectrum of the various Lanterns into the Source wall. Her auras and emotional states affecting into her powers reflects that tie - it is why her yellow power blast knocks her over, as it is reflective of fear. Her last aura is gonna be white, reflecting life/a direct connection to the Source, and will come at a pivotal moment.

bossmonkey

Avenger
Nov 9, 2017
A couple of predictions after these latest episodes(character stuff):

First, that severed Lobo finger that looked like it was growing in the credits scene means we're getting Kid Lobo like in the YJ comics.

Also, Halo is not just a Mother Box. In the comics they tie the emotional spectrum of the various Lanterns into the Source wall. Her auras and emotional states affecting into her powers reflects that tie - it is why her yellow power blast knocks her over, as it is reflective of fear. Her last aura is gonna be white, reflecting life/a direct connection to the Source, and will come at a pivotal moment.

I'd wondered that when she became indigo and started feeling for Victor.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
also ready to talk about tigress court undercover costume whevever

Honestly at the time I didn't even realize it. Probably wasn't paying attention lol.

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
Interesting that they introduced Cyborg. I wonder if they'll also introduce Starfire and Raven at some point or if they don't want the show becoming Teen Titans.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
Interesting that they introduced Cyborg. I wonder if they'll also introduce Starfire and Raven at some point or if they don't want the show becoming Teen Titans.
Given that it looks like they're adapting Judas Contract, I don't think that's too much of a concern. That being said I'm not expecting Starfire or Raven unless we get a season 4.

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
I'm still really impressed by how good Nightmare Monkeys was. Just an excellent episode.

Also some of the characters they pulled to use this season are amazing.

Last edited:

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada
I was so confused with that was happening in Garfield's mind, in addition to that monkey trying to coax him that it was magical mumbo-jumbo that helped Gar survived. What?!

And he has connections to the Doom Patrol in this universe? What the fu....

Foltzie

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I was so confused with that was happening in Garfield's mind, in addition to that monkey trying to coax him that it was magical mumbo-jumbo that helped Gar survived. What?!

And he has connections to the Doom Patrol in this universe? What the fu....

That period of his life would have taken place in the five years between season 1 and 2 with Steve reasserting parental rights sometime after season 2.

Give the other groups ending and the events of the bridge simulation it would be understanding if he has some issues.

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada
That period of his life would have taken place in the five years between season 1 and 2 with Steve reasserting parental rights sometime after season 2.

Give the other groups ending and the events of the bridge simulation it would be understanding if he has some issues.

I thought some of the Doom Patrol stuff shown in "Nightmare Monkeys" might have been only a rediculous fever dream (along with it being a deliciously dark take on Teen Titans GO!). Only nods to the comics, not necessarily canon to the story, as I don't recall this version of Garfield joining the Doom Patrol.

Don't get me wrong, I am glad to see Beast Boy get the spotlight in an episode. But I'm so confused about Miss Martian's blood transfusion actually played a role in his powers or not; it could just be "fever dream weirdness" but it also seems very specific for a fever dream, so I hope this gets cleared up in some way.

Also, did anyone notice that Gar's nightmare offered an exact replication of Wally's passing and Artemis's reaction? Gar wasn't there so how could he know exactly what was said and by whom in that scene?

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
I thought some of the Doom Patrol stuff shown in "Nightmare Monkeys" might have been only a rediculous fever dream (along with it being a deliciously dark take on Teen Titans GO!). Only nods to the comics, not necessarily canon to the story, as I don't recall this version of Garfield joining the Doom Patrol.

Don't get me wrong, I am glad to see Beast Boy get the spotlight in an episode. But I'm so confused about Miss Martian's blood transfusion actually played a role in his powers or not; it could just be "fever dream weirdness" but it also seems very specific for a fever dream, so I hope this gets cleared up in some way.

Also, did anyone notice that Gar's nightmare offered an exact replication of Wally's passing and Artemis's reaction? Gar wasn't there so how could he know exactly what was said and by whom in that scene?
Monkey shows him what happened

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
HA HA WOW

Doom Patrol Go! This is glorious. Not so glorious is the headset screwing Beast Boy up. D:

And damn at Cyborg.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Caught up and fuckkk me episode 12 was one hell of a dark parody. It's crazy that they pulled that.

And yeah everyone saw the 'twist' coming at the end of 13 and who knows how dark they'll go with that*.

Dick has really grown into his own as a leader and hero now compared to who he was in the first season. Look at him dealing with Brion.

Also at the pace this season is going, I'm not sure how they try and fit in an entire Apokolips arc even though it's hinted in the openingand where everyone assumes they'll go.

They straight up say that Terra is 15, going full Judas Contract would be insane but so far this season has showed no limits and pulled off everything

Given how many traitors they set up for this season I wonder if any of them will be red herrings. Like with how Tigress is still currently a good person despite her being squarely a villain in the comics.
Huh? They already did the Tigress 'twist'. It's that she was undercover as a villain. I doubt there's anything up with Artemis.

OP
OP
Penguin

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Not sure if posted yet

But pretty sure the episodes are spelling out

Prepare
The
Anti-Life
Equation

The Namekian

Nov 5, 2017
New York City
Caught up and fuckkk me episode 12 was one hell of a dark parody. It's crazy that they pulled that.

And yeah everyone saw the 'twist' coming at the end of 13 and who knows how dark they'll go with that*.

Dick has really grown into his own as a leader and hero now compared to who he was in the first season. Look at him dealing with Brion.

Also at the pace this season is going, I'm not sure how they try and fit in an entire Apokolips arc even though it's hinted in the openingand where everyone assumes they'll go.

They straight up say that Terra is 15, going full Judas Contract would be insane but so far this season has showed no limits and pulled off everything

Huh? They already did the Tigress 'twist'. It's that she was undercover as a villain. I doubt there's anything up with Artemis.

I'm assuming Judas Contract will be completed in less than 5 episodes. Also not for nothing this would be a great place to do a bit of a time skip. Nothing serious, but 6 months would really let them fast forward to Terra being a trusted member of the team.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
CMon you cowards. Put The Ray in Young Justice! Dude was part of the team in the comics and if you're gonna stretch so far as to hint Kid Lobo from a severed finger you could at least give Ray Terrill his shot.

MexM

One Winged Slayer
Nov 10, 2017
Man all these episodes have been great. Wish we got more of Megan's team but it's okay.
Anyone else notice that Hal Jordan was looking very grey when he brought the father box to Silas?Maybe parallax in late season 3, early season 4.
OH BOY

Kyle Rayner eventually??

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018
Had the same thought or maybe a very young Jessica Cruz or Simon Baz

Jessica has been one of the best things out of DC is recent years, and she'd honestly be perfect for the show. Also, any Lantern lore gets us closer to a Sinestro Corp War/Blackest Night adaptation.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Man all these episodes have been great. Wish we got more of Megan's team but it's okay.

OH BOY

Kyle Rayner eventually??
Why not GL Lobo then?
iCPtmKy.jpg
MEiwdsT.jpg

fyxYniJ.jpg
FEJLCw0.jpg

When do we get to see THAT super in Injustice 3 ?
lol

Last edited:

Effect

Oct 25, 2017
Had the same thought or maybe a very young Jessica Cruz or Simon Baz
I'm thinking Jessica. She's the one been getting the push. She's shown up in Superherogirls and now is in the next Justice League animated film. Wouldn't be surprised if they push her here. That would suck for Kyle fans since Hal, John, and Guy are in this universe.

bossmonkey

Avenger
Nov 9, 2017
I'm thinking Jessica. She's the one been getting the push. She's shown up in Superherogirls and now is in the next Justice League animated film. Wouldn't be surprised if they push her here. That would suck for Kyle fans since Hal, John, and Guy are in this universe.

There have been enough time jumps that Kyle could've shown up in the background. It would be a departure but could work.

mm04

Oct 27, 2017
I subscribed to DC Universe for Titans initially, but binged Young Justice as I had read it was great and the new season got positive reviews. I'm so happy I didn't watch this when it first came out because I can't imagine getting that Season 2 finale and thinking that was the end of it all when there was no word of renewal. But it must have been glorious when the Season 3 announcement came out a few years later. Waiting for June is a killer, but I guess that's not long in the grand scheme of things.

Harpoon

Oct 27, 2017
The new DC Daily has some teaser for the season's second half at the very start. It seems to confirm another team that'll be showing up.

SUICIDE SQUAD TIME!

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
That was amazing.
They did Cyborg in a way they could never be able to show on CN. The Doom Patrol Go! parody had me rolling in tears, and that Ice Jr Superboy reunion had some real feels going for it. Halo being a motherbox/human hybrid was a great reveal, and I am surprised people are that surprised at Judas Contract becoming a plot thread. I speculated as much weeks ago, it was obvious were it was going.
I really hope we get a S4. And perhaps some spin off shows. A new DCAU with the excellent groundwork Young Justice laid would be perfect.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
That was amazing.
They did Cyborg in a way they could never be able to show on CN. The Doom Patrol Go! parody had me rolling in tears, and that Ice Jr Superboy reunion had some real feels going for it. Halo being a motherbox/human hybrid was a great reveal, and I am surprised people are that surprised at Judas Contract becoming a plot thread. I speculated as much weeks ago, it was obvious were it was going.
I really hope we get a S4. And perhaps some spin off shows. A new DCAU with the excellent groundwork Young Justice laid would be perfect.

I think S3 did real numbers for DCU, S4 is a lock imo

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
The Halo romance is kinda of boring when you consider in comics she was in a love triangle that involved 4 people

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
So what she was the Storm of DC comics?

I personally don't mind it, as she's a neat character for the most part.
Halo inhabited the body of the wife of DC's Tony Stark, but the entity ended up falling in love with DC's mystical bad boy Faust.