• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Babymomo

Aug 14, 2019
Finally binged the season last week and liked it well enough, sadly though in my opinion knew it wasnt gonna live up to the events in season 2 let alone the storytelling of season 1. Gonna miss the self contained fun of those seasons and the chemistry the characters had with each other but i realise the crew knew they were gonna get more seasons and had to make the world of this show bigger so yeah it may feel bloated but i understood.

LOVED my angel Khary being the bisexual i always knew he was and i was baffled @ all the queer hints that were given to Halo with her gender and sexuality, ummm so whats up with that?? Anyways they need more cause i was getting sick of getting 4 hetero kisses on my screen every damn episode, ENOUGH, literally delete all those couples so freaking useless.

I just hope they finesse season 4 cause i have hope for it, cut like 75% of the cast, get rid of the justice league apearing every episode and give me more of the bat kids cause this show is the only thing ive ever liked them in, i legit cant stand Bruce and his annoying minions in anything else.

ObbyDent

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Finally watched S3 after re-watching S1 and 2. I gotta be honest... I don't think I've liked this show since season 1.

It has a big issue of WAY WAY WAY too many characters. A show like this needs a core cast to be the main heroes. And they had that, with season 1. A cast that was fleshed out and had evolving ties to each other. But starting with the insane time skip in season 2, they began to include more Leaguers and add dozens of young heroes to the Team, it just became crowded. Not to mention plot point after plot point that gets dropped and given one line explanations or rushed development. And then Wally dies and somehow I'm supposed to care despite the fact that he was in the season for a grand total of like two and a half episodes and all I cared about him was from season 1.

Then you have season 3; with a clearly less budget than the show it used to be. With even less development of their main cast and yet again even more time spent on new characters that then get sidelined for episodes on end. To drive the point home, they use the same like 6 voice actors for most of the characters and it just feeds this low budget feel. Not to mention the many times they used moving static drawings as a way to quickly move the plot along due to the low budget.

It really feels like the same problem Korra had (times 100), which was an ever diminishing budget and an ever increasing cast of characters to take away from a core cast.

There's a reason Avatar succeeded. There's a reason the 2003 Teen Titans succeeded. And Young Justice seems to ignore its lessons in failure.

Deleted member 52442

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
Finally watched S3 after re-watching S1 and 2. I gotta be honest... I don't think I've liked this show since season 1.

It has a big issue of WAY WAY WAY too many characters. A show like this needs a core cast to be the main heroes. And they had that, with season 1. A cast that was fleshed out and had evolving ties to each other. But starting with the insane time skip in season 2, they began to include more Leaguers and add dozens of young heroes to the Team, it just became crowded. Not to mention plot point after plot point that gets dropped and given one line explanations or rushed development. And then Wally dies and somehow I'm supposed to care despite the fact that he was in the season for a grand total of like two and a half episodes and all I cared about him was from season 1.

Then you have season 3; with a clearly less budget than the show it used to be. With even less development of their main cast and yet again even more time spent on new characters that then get sidelined for episodes on end. To drive the point home, they use the same like 6 voice actors for most of the characters and it just feeds this low budget feel. Not to mention the many times they used moving static drawings as a way to quickly move the plot along due to the low budget.

It really feels like the same problem Korra had (times 100), which was an ever diminishing budget and an ever increasing cast of characters to take away from a core cast.

There's a reason Avatar succeeded. There's a reason the 2003 Teen Titans succeeded. And Young Justice seems to ignore its lessons in failure.

show is buns now tbh

i watch cause i like the little bits of characters i like but i really miss the focus. every season is a time skip with new focus on new people nowadays. meh. entire storylines skipped

Kabuki Waq

Oct 26, 2017
yea the episodes that focused on the original crew were way better. next season needs to cut down the cast an increase the frames of animation

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
I have no idea what y'all are talking about. Season 3 (the first half) was great. Season 2 was the best season. Season 1 didn't appeal to me at all until they started opening the universe up more.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
S3 is way better than S2, where it had trouble juggling so many characters. S3 handled the bigger cast much better. Yeah S1 had more character development and better animation, but the overall story and scope of S3 is still great.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
I was just never sold on S1. "Hello Megan!" + Angry Pretty boy Superboy was wack to me. Focusing on Dick as Robin was wack to me.

When they started expanding the universe it got better.

Sep 28, 2018
Season 3 is strong, my only complaint is that it took an unusual amount of episodes for Geo-Force, Halo, and Forager to join The Team. The writers made it seem like first Nightwing's Team were The Outsiders and then it had the newbies join The Team anyway and thennnn the S2 characters formed the actual Outsiders. Now come to think of it, there was just way too much team division in Season 3. I liked Season 2 being one huge expanded team, instead of The Team/The Outsiders/Batman Inc/Space League/Earth League/Nightwing's Team. How obnoxious was that.

I liked Season 2 the best. It introduced iconic villains like Despero, Deathstroke, and Mongul and Season 3 didn't really pack the same punch in the villain department. Granny Goodness and The Furies were great but it wasn't enough. I expected more of Darkseid's elite.

Roliq

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 23, 2018
Season 3 is strong, my only complaint is that it took an unusual amount of episodes for Geo-Force, Halo, and Forager to join The Team. The writers made it seem like first Nightwing's Team were The Outsiders and then it had the newbies join The Team anyway and thennnn the S2 characters formed the actual Outsiders. Now come to think of it, there was just way too much team division in Season 3. I liked Season 2 being one huge expanded team, instead of The Team/The Outsiders/Batman Inc/Space League/Earth League/Nightwing's Team. How obnoxious was that.
The TV Tropes character page of the show is a mess, so many entries that redirect to another page as the character is in another team and since a lot of the time they change teams in the middle of the season makes trying to put them in the right place pretty confusing

It's pretty funny how in the poster of Outsiders only Geo-Force was in the titular team

Sep 28, 2018
The TV Tropes character page of the show is a mess, so many entries that redirect to another page as the character is in another team and since a lot of the time they change teams in the middle of the season makes trying to put them in the right place pretty confusing

Lol yeah, while the show was airing I made individual episode spreadsheets for myself to keep up with the rosters of each team. I didn't have to do that but it really pointed to how confusing the season was, as characters were swapping teams so often.

ObbyDent

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles
I mean sure the show was better when it opened up the universe but that doesn't mean you have to introduce 1 billion characters and split the only so much time you have with the show between said 1 billion characters

That being said, I did like Forager and Violet but the eight teams they had and the way they'd constantly change was just maddening to me.

Oct 26, 2017
S3 is the best season to me.

S1 moved fast too, but it also did so without showing a lot of the universe.

S3 is like, for lack of a better word, an epic in a way. It shows a living, breathing DC universe from all angles. From non powered normal citizens to godlike aliens, and teenaged metas, it gives a scope that only adds to the weight of the story.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Finally caught up and now I need Season 4 yesterday XP
That final scene though....too harsh mang.

Still Black Lightning leading is
giphy.gif

Chumunga64

Jun 22, 2018

I think my problem is how different season one was from a lot of DC animated shows. We had characters like Miss Martian, Aqualad, and Artemis that I've never seen before along with some cool relationships like Robin/Zatanna that were new

then the later seasons slowly added more "classic" teen heroes like Cyborg and Beast Boy and we got the same old stories like the Terra arc and Darkseid wanting the anti-life equation fo the 1500 time

Foltzie

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

S3 is like, for lack of a better word, an epic in a way. It shows a living, breathing DC universe from all angles. From non powered normal citizens to godlike aliens, and teenaged metas, it gives a scope that only adds to the weight of the story.
Indeed.

S3 is Game of Thrones size in its cast, the only issue is the budget causing some frequently obvious corner cutting in terms of skirting fights or just not having characters talk in scenes.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017

This person gets it. I've always wanted a look at the DC Universe on a grand scale but where everyone could see it. Young Justice is that, and I hope season 4 continues to be exactly that.

lorddarkflare

Oct 25, 2017
show is buns now tbh

i watch cause i like the little bits of characters i like but i really miss the focus. every season is a time skip with new focus on new people nowadays. meh. entire storylines skipped

I like that. The show is clearly interested in existing in a lived-in world. This is an aspect of comic books that most other media never try to replicate or acknowledge.

Maximum Spider

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Cleveland, OH
I finally got around to watching this show. I liked it quite a bit and I think I'm gonna do another re-watch pretty soon because my GF is interested in watching it too. Anyways, here's some random thoughts I have on the series--

• Despite how much I like the show, I don't think I'll ever get over the fact that they named it "Young Justice". Young Justice is one five all-time favorite comics and it stings a little to know that this isn't even remotely an adaptation of the series. Furthermore, It's a bit frustrating because some of the characters from the OG comic are either non existent or only have cameos.

• Despite my earlier point, the cast is pretty great. I can't tell you how happy it makes me to know that there's a TV show that acknowledges the fact that Wally and Dick are BFFs.

• Superboy is by far my least favorite character. Personality-wise, he's either the angsty guy who roars or plain white bread. I get what they're going for but I can't help to compare him aginast his comic book counterpart who's infinitely more charismatic and stylish. He doesn't even have his tactile telekinesis!

• I can't think of many shows that successfully establish a world that feels so vast and lived in. It's the opposite of Teen Titans, in that regard. You can tell how much thought has gone into this particular aspect. The news broadcasts are nice touch.
  • Some of the characters feel notably miscast. Batman feels so wooden. Nightwing's actor feels like he's aged out of the role too.

• On the other hand, Megan, Lex and Wally's actors do a really great job. Kevin Grevioux performance is particularly entertaining. You can just tell he's having a blast. I lose it when he refers to humans as meat.

• I really like the stuff they did with Roy. Maybe I'm just dense but I never saw any of those reveals coming. Both versions of the character feel well thought ; I was fully invested every time they were on screen. I hope we get more from Young Roy/Arsenal in the future.

• I really hope that we get at least one episode with Tim, Conner, Bart, Cissie, Greta, and Cassie next season.

• What was that Lobo baby scene all about? Like many scenes in S3, It seemed unnecessarily grotesque. For a brief moment I thought they were teasing Sobo.

Kabuki Waq

Oct 26, 2017
Last season was hot garbage but I hope they get another crack at it. Problem is the original crew are still the most interesting but dont get enough screen time

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
Still never ended up finishing season 3....
I think I should just find a recap of season 3 to watch and call it a day.
It's too much of a chore.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully they feel like they don't have to work 50 new characters into every episode of Season 4 like they did in S3.

spx54

Mar 21, 2019
the end of season 3 was kinda shaky but I'm nonetheless looking forward to this

can't wait to see more Vandal Savage. the episode focused on him in season 3 was so compelling

Scar

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Title Town
dang. I dont even remember much of season 3. Was this was the one with the middle eastern girl with a mysterious past? And Lobo's finger? lol

WaveBird

Oct 29, 2017
I somehow missed completely that there was going to be a season four. What a far cry from the cancellation of S2 back in the day. I never would have thought this show would return and now here we are!

modoversus

Oct 25, 2017
México
They finally added S3 on HBO Max on my region and just finished watching it, along with the two from S4. What a show, excited for a new episode every week.