• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Finished 5 and 6. Also great. The OGs acting as the 'Justice League' esque mentors to the newbies is a great dynamic.

Jason and Damian! The Sportsmaster shoutout! Barabara got Dick! Sensei has so much swagger. I wonder who's running the Shadows now?

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Started watching finally. The animation looks exactly like I remember the original episodes looked? I need to watch a recap though, I've totally forgotten how the last season ended.

What's up with all these countries in comics with kovia in their name lol? Seems like ever since Age of Ultron and Sokovia every comicbook show has a nation with a very similar name.

Oct 28, 2017
So Slade might be running the league of shadows? Are you getting the Judas contract in this show?

Pretty graet 6 episodes, and fun new additions to the team. The Meta abduction story line is better than i thought.

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Finished 5 and 6. Also great. The OGs acting as the 'Justice League' esque mentors to the newbies is a great dynamic.

Jason and Damian! The Sportsmaster shoutout! Barabara got Dick! Sensei has so much swagger. I wonder who's running the Shadows now?
Who do you think is leading the League of Shadows now?
Shiva is a safe guess.

What's up with all these countries in comics with kovia in their name lol? Seems like ever since Age of Ultron and Sokovia every comicbook show has a nation with a very similar name.
It's an easy way to indicate that it's a slavic nation.

Oh yeah I nearly forgot, Pau

CUifGQJ.jpg

Episode 10, on the 25th.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Damn. Season 3 is solid so far. DC killing it with this and the new Young Justice comic.

Wonder-Comics-NYCC-2018-DC1.jpg

Knightywing

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I'm loving how they are able to give all these characters screen-time. So much development for the newbies, and the OGs. God I love this show.

The Justice League are obviously a bit underused so far, but that's understandable considering the story. Would love to see those Leaguers who were important to the Team get more screen-time in the future (ex. Flash, Shazam, Black Canary, Superman).

The three Harpers + Dick doing security work was something I never knew I wanted, but here it is.
Also, Dr. Fate is brutal, like goddamn.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Well that was a quick return to form, holy crap. All 3 episodes were on point.
The Harper Brothers in episode 4 were excellent. I was confused there for a sec, until I remembered the child is Jades, thus the bearded one is the Roy Clone. Explosive diarrhea was also something that definitely wouldn't fly on CN, but I dunno if I liked it being said per say. Still hilarious with brick doing the heist in broad daylight. The whole Nabu thing feels forced, why the hell would you take off the helmet for 1 hour and not ditch the Dr. Fate role? Does the Earth really need him that badly? And I hope to god Zatanna stays in the team, she is one of my favorite heroes ffs.
New Gods! Hell yes! Seeing bear again put a big smile on my face, just so damn optimistic. Seeing Barbara in a wheelchair, not so good. But I'm glad they are together, they deserve some happiness in troubled times. I guess this makes the Killing Joke canon, and I will get on that in a second. Cause I have a feeling. Anyway, Forager. I love when they go the 3rd person english route with these characters. Definitely fits in with everyone else. Also love rage monster brion, he and Conner bounce off each other in a wonderful manner. Kinda interested to see where the Metateen plot line is going, cause I assume Darkseid is trying to take over the galaxy with the discord. Who knows.
Episode 6, yeesh. I almost wasn't going to come jn here applauding the show's humor, because holy shit did this go places. The neck snap was shocking, like I wasn't expecting the show to go there, hot damn. Then you have what can only be 2 very specific characters as well.
Please for the love of god tell me this means we will get Red Hood this season. If we get Red Hood Jason Todd I will fanboy the fuck out).
And then if that isn't enough, this god damn masterpiece is obviously throwing MORE specific arcs on top of it all. I mean so far we got:
-Metateen trafficking, the light, and Darkseid
-Batman Incorporated
-Motherfucking Judas Contract.
If they go with that last one especially, I think we will start seeing Young Justice evolve.
Now, this is what I was talking about with Killing Joke. See, I think DC will try and use it to launch a new DCAU. They had a lot of elements from all stories before, but now its getting big. Kinda too big for just one show. YJ was always touted as the early days of the Justice League and its members, so I think as they continue to do the show and use time skips, it will eventually splinter. They kinda can't do Judas Contract without the Titans, and now that we are seeing several different Young Justice teams form, M'Ganns watchtower team and now Nightwing's, they have the leeway to make a spinoff Teen Titans show. Furthermore, I can see them making Young Justice into a new Justice League show. Finally, I have a suspicion some of the new DC Animation movies are quasi canon. Steel came out of nowhere for Season 3, but then you remember that there is this:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reign_of_the_Supermen_(film)
I honestly feel like they will try and retcon or fit the Animated Film Universe into the YJ canon. Which actually would mean the hypothetical Judas Contract Adaption already happened, which wouldn't make sense for the canon at all. But we'll see.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Ep. 4 was great. I didn't know Jim Harper (Guaridan) was in the show but then again I don't remember ALL the characters from the first 2 seasons.
I'd really like more episodes like it.

Harpoon

Oct 27, 2017
Steel came out of nowhere for Season 3

I don't see how he came out of nowhere anymore than Ice or any of the other new characters who show up after a timeskip. It's just worldbuilding and showing that stuff happened in between seasons.

And given how much the show changes, I they can very easily do the Judas Contract without any sort of team calling itself the Titans. Having a ton of plotlines isn't indicative of spin-offs; it's just how the show's always been.

Village

Oct 25, 2017
Did they just tease two robins on infinity island?

Last edited:

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
OK the amount of deaths in this show is too much XD.
I feel real bad for Halo having to die so many times ToT

EDIT: OK Tigress' mask is lame, stick to a domino mask pls @_@

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Forgotten how good this show is. Plus it's way more serious than a cartoon has any right to be lol.

I do agree with whoever said earlier about Miss Martian looking the way she does. I get the in story reasons though. I totally don't remember her and Conner being a couple though! That came as a shock to me, but it does feel right.

Only gripe I have atm is this seasons Conner feels too much like OG Superman so far. Also Nolan North sounds way too much like Nathan Fillion lol.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
Man, I just don't remember who half these characters are from the previous two seasons, lol. I don't remember Roy being a clone at all. Bearded Roy is the clone, so who was the other Red Arrow? Who was the other magic girl that went to New Genesis with the team?

Harpoon

Oct 27, 2017
Man, I just don't remember who half these characters are from the previous two seasons, lol. I don't remember Roy being a clone at all. Bearded Roy is the clone, so who was the other Red Arrow? Who was the other magic girl that went to New Genesis with the team?

Jim Harper, who was the original Guardian that showed up at the start of the series as head of security at Cadmus; he was cloned from Roy, made older, and given false memories so he thought he was Roy's uncle.

The other magic girl is Traci Thirteen, who's made her debut in the show this season.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
Jim Harper, who was the original Guardian that showed up at the start of the series as head of security at Cadmus; he was cloned from Roy, made older, and given false memories so he thought he was Roy's uncle.

The other magic girl is Traci Thirteen, who's made her debut in the show this season.
Ok, I figured out that the bigger dude was Guardian, but who was the OTHER guy then? Did OG Roy actually die?

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada
I have to take my hat off to Crispin Freeman for managing to make Will, Roy and Jim all seem like different characters (despite having the same voice).

I also just realized that the G designations, which are hacks done for Nightwing's team, are designation with Dick's last name (Garyson).

Oct 25, 2017
I think I'm just gonna wiki the episodes really quick.
The main Roy was actually "the mole" of season 1, at some point prior to the series they kidnapped the real one who they cloned into Guardian and Mole Roy.

Mole Roy then has a kid(lian) and relationship with Cheshire. He takes being a clone extremely hard and has the hobo phase in Season 2.
Cheshire isn't happy with how he acts so she runs missions with him looking for the original Roy.

Original Roy was found in stasis having hardly aged and missing an arm.
Original Roy had an attitude in S2.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
The main Roy was actually "the mole" of season 1, at some point prior to the series they kidnapped the real one who they cloned into Guardian and Mole Roy.

Mole Roy then has a kid(lian) and relationship with Cheshire. He takes being a clone extremely hard and has the hobo phase in Season 2.
Cheshire isn't happy with how he acts so she runs missions with him looking for the original Roy.

Original Roy was found in stasis having hardly aged and missing an arm.
Original Roy had an attitude in S2.
Yeah, it's all coming back to me again. I just read through some character wiki's and was like, "Oohhh yeah, now I remember".

Blackage

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I went and subbed for Young Justice, might as well support the service if it brings back a series I really wanted. :)

cnorwood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Subbed to DCU today for YJ and damn now without a childrens network holding it back its elevated to even greater status. I'm only on episode 3 but this shit is going to be dark as hell. Such a contrast to Justice League which I've been binging lately where they had a war episode where they really didn't show anyone specifically die while in this children were being buried and someone was shot on screen.

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada
You could use a VPN but no one blames you if you gotta wait or use Teletoon
I've been watching the new season through Dailymotion and YouTube uploads (along with other sites that will upload the episodes, suchas KissCartoons).

Teen Titans got on Netflix, so this might. DCU coming in, while Marvel's leaving. lol

Perhaps, but it wouldn't surprise me that DC/Warner Bros. will take away their superhero shows and movies and move them to their streaming service.