• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Wow really? I should re-watched that.
what the what?? Wow. Ok, well I haven't watched any of the old seasons since they aired.

yeah Penguin is right - for most of S2 she was undercover and was the GOAT yj hero

latest

Is there some Static Shock on this?

he is on the team, but right now (3 eps in) the main team is focused a lot more on his mentor, Black Lightning

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
I hope Nightwing becomes the Batman of the league this season. We've had several heroes using the same identity already(looking at you Green Lanterns), it's time. Jeff's line to Bruce about him making Batman Inc. makes me think it could happen

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017
Damn things get real by the end of episode 3.

I also didn't notice any real drop in animation quality.

The opening and closing themes are very ominous. Guessing Apokolips will play a large role this season.

Great decision to drop 3 episodes. Episode 3 will have people talking.

CreeperBlocks

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
So is there any indication that this series will drop on international Netflix's? I don't think Canada gets the DC Universe service

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Watched the episodes, dropping three at once was a great idea, just one at a time would've been too cliffhangery and disappointing but this worked well.

The new team is good. Everyone is likable and Geoforce is going to have a hell of an arc with Terra's inevitably evil return. Good riddance to Miss Martian, she was really becoming a monster in S2.

Poor Black Lightning is apparently dealing with kids and pods wherever he goes. My only problem with him is he's got the same voice actor as Kaldur so it's a little confusing when he's off screen.

We haven't seen Oracle yet? I guess there's going to be some kind of twist there.

Fight scenes/animation are a little weaker but the storytelling is still strong and the show is dark as fuck now.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Probably cause she's been paralyzed in the 2 years since the last time we saw her in the beginning of episode 1?
oh whoops I deleted the next part of the line there. I was thinking that not actually seeing her meant there would be a twist beyond the normal paralysis storyline because why would they hide that? My guess is that she's an AI.

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My only problem with him is he's got the same voice actor as Kaldur so it's a little confusing when he's off screen.
Khary doesn't seem to have a lot of range so when he doesn't have to raise his voice the best he can seem to do for BL is "old Cyborg". It's my only gripe thus far.
oh whoops I deleted the next part of the line there. I was thinking that not actually seeing her meant there would be a twist beyond the normal paralysis storyline because why would they hide that? My guess is that she's an AI.
Her not having a speaking role so far is pretty suspicious.

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
Has Cassandra Cain shown up in the first three episodes?

Last edited:

Harpoon

Oct 27, 2017
Her not having a speaking role so far is pretty suspicious.

Eh? We heard her VA, Alyson Stoner, speak as her in the first episode. Her not speaking in the other two is likely because of the union rules concerning how many voice actors you can have per episode more than anything.

Last edited:

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
Damn, this season is not holding back. Episode 3 was especially nuts with

That girl getting "killed" and then later that brother getting shot.

Opening and ending are really interesting too. The opening is so eerie while the ending is so peaceful. Overall this is a great start.

Sagroth

Oct 28, 2017
So given the whole
UN oversight thing
and the appearance of
Kaizen Gamorrah
, might we end up seeing
Stormwatch and/or The Authority
this season?

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
You know what I love about this show? The world feels so connected and lived in. I hope the MCU can feel like this one day (I'd would have said the DCEU but *pff* that's never gonna happen).

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This show is the perfected DC Universe.
This is my perfect DCU and aside from Superboy leaning towards his edgier iteration I'd say it's an objectively very good DCU.
You know what I love about this show? The world feels so connected and lived in. I hope the MCU can feel like this one day (I'd would have said the DCEU but *pff* that's never gonna happen).
Yeah I said it on here a thousand times but the DC films should have leaned on the relative household knowledge people had from the shows and movies and just made their setting a more lived in one where everyone had been established for years.

Vakuf

Oct 25, 2017
Show has been missed and boy did it deliver. DC really likes it dark and hell so do I. I'm loving it.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
I know that this is the season 3 thread, but I went back to rewatch seasons 1 and 2 cause clearly I forgot a lot of things about the plot. On S1E10, and I am glad this show is back with a new season and it got me on a rewatch. I love the cycle back when it was a giant sentient metallic ball.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
How many characters does Steven Blum voice in this show? I swear I must've heard him voice 2 characters:
Count Vertigo and a mook.

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
It feels like the production team never disbanded. These first 3 episodes were gut wrenching in so many different ways. Meta trafficking sucks and ruins families.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
I like that halo in this series is middle eastern :3

Also that was totally themyscyrian tech with the purple healing ray on episode 1.

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So the Terra in this is the same one from the other animated movie right?

Pein

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
The vibe of this show is so heavy now. I don't dislike it but it sure does feel different from the previous seasons.

Murdering and kidnapping children and all this guilt from Black lightning and all the info drops and references to character who've joined and left, it's a lot for 3 episodes lol.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
The vibe of this show is so heavy now. I don't dislike it but it sure does feel different from the previous seasons.

Murdering and kidnapping children and all this guilt from Black lightning and all the info drops and references to character who've joined and left, it's a lot for 3 episodes lol.

i really like how each season gets darker and darker

S4 is going to be Snyder level dour and i'm here for it

OP
OP
Penguin

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York
New Friday

3 New episodes!

Oh we're going to have some talking to be done!

Last edited:

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Paternity leave is great - wife is at the gym, baby sleeping on my chest after her bottle & 1 episode down.

I'm loving the 3 at a time drops.

Chemistry between team members in this show is off the charts - They're Always On Point!