• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Harpoon

Oct 27, 2017
Episode 4 was so fun, just a small cool breather episode.

That episode was fantastic. It's fun looking at Will's development throughout the show; from angry free agent trying to carve his own path in season 1 to loving father who's always making dad puns and reminding people to put on their seatbelts in season 3.

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wow I can't believe Dick and Babs were allowed to fuck on screen for 10 straight minutes, sasuga Weisman.

Dale Copper

Apr 12, 2018
That episode was fantastic. It's fun looking at Will's development throughout the show; from angry free agent trying to carve his own path in season 1 to loving father who's always making dad puns and reminding people to put on their seatbelts in season 3.
Angry people turning into dad's are great, just look at Vegeta.

chairhome

Oct 27, 2017
Orlando
So are we thinking that's Jason and I guess Damian?
Yeah, has to be.
So are we thinking this will spin-off to a whole
Batman Inc. Series
with this stuff and what has happened in previous eps?

Also, who was the bearded guy again? He mentioned
leading Joker back to Mount Justice in the past
but I have no clue who he is

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017
Episode 4 may be one of my all time favourite from the series.

Seeing the Harper "family" together was great!

And oh boy. The end to episode 6. Oh boy oh boy.

This season is going to be special.

I'm so grateful this show is back.

Effect

Oct 25, 2017
I love this show. Just finished the latest batch of episodes. Episode 4 was a lot of fun. I'm really enjoying Forager, Halo, and Brion. Good additions to the team. I think this batch should make it clearer who the "Outsiders" name is referring to. Just a shame Kaldur is stuck with the League.

Episode 6 spoilers.

Oh yeah that was Jason Todd for sure. Looks like a different play on his return backstory. In the comic if I"m remembering correctly it's mainly Talia that cares for Jason and helps him remember who he is with Ras not really being okay with it but allowing him to stay. This looks like he's fully on board with having him around and using him. I'm really curious as to how that plays out.

Last edited:

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
So they showed off Damian & Jason all at once? Goddamn....

Matsukaze

Oct 25, 2017
Watched all six episodes earlier. Great stuff. Episode 4 was, in particular, very charming with the security mission, but goddamn does this season immediately introduce some dark stuff.

So far, I'm absolutely loving S3, though so far there is a distinct lack of Lagoon Boy shouting "Neptune's Beard!"

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Was Black Spider in this show before? I don't recall him basically being an evil Spider-Man

He's always been Evil-Spiderman, Greg specifically changed how that character is and made his voice actor Josh Keaton as a fun nod to his time on Spectacular Spider-Man

For the record, in no other comic or animation does Black Spider have webshooters or wallcrawling.

Last edited:

Dale Copper

Apr 12, 2018
Watched all six episodes earlier. Great stuff. Episode 4 was, in particular, very charming with the security mission, but goddamn does this season immediately introduce some dark stuff.

So far, I'm absolutely loving S3, though so far there is a distinct lack of Lagoon Boy shouting "Neptune's Beard!"
I hoped Lagoon Boy died in the 2 years.

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
Finally caught up. So glad YJ is back and with his current comic situation, I'm also glad to have a good Nightwing.

Aangster

Oct 27, 2017
Really enjoying the season so far, the private security trio are a blast. Love the end-credit shots too.

I know there are multiple studios working on this (alternating between episodes), but EP 6's animation was a massive step above 4 and 5. The latter two honestly look pretty flat, especially with the lack character detail and weird colouring of outdoor scenes. Another thing that bugged me were characters in the background making weird poses/stances while staring at things off screen as if they were placeholders.

Last edited:

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada
I said "Fuck It!" and went to watch the first six episodes through "unsavoury" measures. Greg and co. still got it, and I can't wait to see where the show goes. I also like that despite the higher television rating, the new season feels like a natural continuation of Season 2 and picks moments when it pushes it's higher rating when it needs to.

Can't wait until the series premiers on Netflix in full.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Finally caught up. So glad YJ is back and with his current comic situation, I'm also glad to have a good Nightwing.
I'm so glad to have it back! These last 3 episodes were awesome. The private security Roys were soooo good. Im really digging forager and Halo as well. That Damien and Jason tease....YJ firing on all cylinders

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Episode 6 made me wish that Josh Keaton reprised his role as Spider-Man in the PS4 game (all due respect to Yuri Lowenthal, who did an excellent job as Peter).

Last edited:

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure how they'd handle live action, but I wish they just gave the DCEU to the creators of Young Justice.

They also seem to be able to handle actual dark/complicated topics without it blowing up in their face.

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
Awwwwww

The Zatanna/Zatara subplot in the original was so damn sad, but it is nice to see the two being able to meet each other (even if it just one hour per year sadly). Looks like being Dr. Fate is taking quite a toll on Zatara through. :(

Onward to Episode 5 & 6!

Last edited:

MexM

One Winged Slayer
Nov 10, 2017
As someone who loves S2

How are my bois Jaime and Bart in this season?

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada
As someone who loves S2

How are my bois Jaime and Bart in this season?

Bart hasn't changed much from Season 2, as he's still the chipper, yet vivacious, speedster as previously established. Jamie is still mellow, but aside from the mission when he and the crew went to New World, it's hard to say if anything has changed between the two year time skip.

MexM

One Winged Slayer
Nov 10, 2017
Bart hasn't changed much from Season 2, as he's still the chipper, yet vivacious, speedster as previously established. Jamie is still mellow, but aside from the mission when he and the crew went to New World, it's hard to say if anything has changed between the two year time skip.
Alrighty, thanks for the response! Hopefully they get a bit of more focus on future episodes then.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Just finished Episode 4 and oh my god that was good. Extremely funny but lots of great character moments for everyone, and some nice action. This is easily shaping up to be better than S2, more focused, more character work, more Dick.

The animation in one scene was fucking awful though:
yjwtfysi1e.png