• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

lorddarkflare

Oct 25, 2017
I really hope the showrunners consider bringing Jessica Cruz into the mix. This is the PERFECT sort of show to make a more mainstream debut--I know she has shown up in some of the superhero girls shows.

Of all the lanterns we know about, she is the only one I feel can be safely de-aged.

Oct 25, 2017
Notable gaps so far, not necessarily complaining, but yowza, not fair to dangle some of these things in front of us:

(Hardly) no Suicide Squad member mentions or appearances is understandable, Cadmus was shown for like a hot second way back in S1 of course but then discarded. Waller is simply not required.

Donna Troy.

How many of Aquaman's supporting cast have we seen now? Both ALs, I never played that videogame with Tula.....Neptune's Beard!

While I totally get it's not a Batman show, we've had blink and miss it references to Killing Joke, Damian, and now the Court.

I also can't not think where Raven and Starfire are but again due to the show's template I understand their absence. They are also simply not required.

Same with Supergirl, most of the characters from the other live action shows, with Black Lightning being the notable exception.

Nice to see the brains trust actually allow the use of a character in the animated series du jour to...... I don't know, HELP RAISE THE PROFILE of a character.

And lastly, if we could please get at least one flashback or time travel episode dealing with this period in the original JL's history when they were all greenhorns/starting up the League, I wouldn't be that mad.

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada
I really hope the showrunners consider bringing Jessica Cruz into the mix. This is the PERFECT sort of show to make a more mainstream debut--I know she has shown up in some of the superhero girls shows.

Of all the lanterns we know about, she is the only one I feel can be safely de-aged.

What about Kyle Rayner? I can see him being a graduating teen/college student for this show.

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada
Good point. Kyle can definitely work, and he has also not had much non-comic exposure.

Man, don't remind me. I did some research on why Kyle was underutilized outside of comic books, despite being a legitimately good character in his own right.

And then I discovered that a group of comic book nerds formed a hate group called H.E.A.T. (which is best described as The Comicsgate of the 1990's), and spent most of their lives bitching and moaning to DC Comics about the fictional events of a comic book character. :/

So, yeah. Regardless if it's Kyle or Jessica, both characters kick ass and I'll be happy if Hal is pushed into the sidelines.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Man, don't remind me. I did some research on why Kyle was underutilized outside of comic books, despite being a legitimately good character in his own right.

And then I discovered that a group of comic book nerds formed a hate group called H.E.A.T. (which is best described as The Comicsgate of the 1990's), and spent most of their lives bitching and moaning to DC Comics about the fictional events of a comic book character. :/

So, yeah. Regardless if it's Kyle or Jessica, both characters kick ass and I'll be happy if Hal is pushed into the sidelines.

H.E.A.T. is definitely not why Kyle wasn't utilized. Though thanks for a reminder about that Wizard ad, lol. Real blast from the past.

Enzom21

Oct 25, 2017

She's going to be in the upcoming Justice League vs. the Fatal Five animated film.

lorddarkflare

Oct 25, 2017
So I finished all the episodes, and the one thing that really impresses me is how efficient the show is.

All the stories it attempts to tell are all well paced and fun.

Really the biggest issue I have with it is the lack of thematic cohesion when it comes to individual, entire episodes.

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada
H.E.A.T. is definitely not why Kyle wasn't utilized. Though thanks for a reminder about that Wizard ad, lol. Real blast from the past.

I don't know. Kyle is definitely one of those characters that has had limited exposure outside of comic books, as it's either Hal, Guy, or John that are the go-to picks for the animated line ups. (And it doesn't help that most of the older fans hate him for replacing Hal for the better part of the decade.)

I think it's great that Jessica is going to be playing a major role in the upcoming Justice League movie, though.

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
I had no idea this was airing in Canada, figured I would just have to wait for Netflix. Caught up through ep. 8 via Teletoon-On-Demand.

Fuck this season is fantastic. Forager, Geo-Force and Halo are fantastic together. Halo is legit amazing. Shocked with how much they're doing with Jefferson, but it's welcomed. He's great.

Just shocked at all the stuff they just would not have been able to get away with if this was made-for-network. Like they had acouple intense moments with the violence in the first couple seasons, but from people being straight-up murdered, to having Jefferson and the doc having a post-sex cuddle... Must be freeing for the writers to get away with a helluva lot more without needing to talk around shit.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know. Kyle is definitely one of those characters that has had limited exposure outside of comic books, as it's either Hal, Guy, or John that are the go-to picks for the animated line ups. (And it doesn't help that most of the older fans hate him for replacing Hal for the better part of the decade.)

I think it's great that Jessica is going to be playing a major role in the upcoming Justice League movie, though.

Kyle got sidelined because in the 2000s JL cartoon they wanted a black representative. By 2011 when they were doing the GL cartoon Hal was the frontliner. If anything you gotta get mad at Dan Didio for going back on the progress.

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Damn it, I wish they would change the Terra arc just once at least. I'm guessing it'll end the same way as the movie and the teen titans.

Sep 7, 2018
This season is great! And damn you can tell they got the reins off. We seeing dead bodies and shit. I just finished episode 9 and damn it's just like the last 2 seasons, YJ keep getting pitted against villains way too strong for them. Is Lobo that legit? Could only Superman beat his ass?

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada
Is Lobo that legit? Could only Superman beat his ass?

Yep. Despite being portrayed as a clown in Superman: The Animated Series, Lobo (in the comics and this show) is a character that only cares about money, booze, babes, and a good fight. He's someone that can give Superman and the Justice League serious problems, and can be a serious threat if remained uncontested.

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
It was always dumb that Marvel would have Wolverine fighting his ass. Just because they both have healing factor doesn't make them the same.

Sep 7, 2018
Finished this first half of season 3. I'm assuming that wasn't a complete season, but I liked it except a few things bothered me. Forager got on my damn nerves. I know they think it's cute, but that shit was annoying as hell. I was thinking Halo would start acting normal after she found out her name, but she didn't and later on it was revealed her soul was merged with a motherbox. I don't know it's some weird shit. I don't like the motherbox thing anyway, probably because of the DCEU and Superboy's reaction to them.

Also why they got the same brotha voicing 4 different people on here? Is it that hard to find black voice actors? Shit, at least get a different voice for Black Lightning. He sounds almost the same as Aqualad and that voice just doesn't suit BL. It's too young.

Oct 27, 2017
[QUOTE="Shawn The Wonder, post: 17859910, member: 47570"
Also why they got the same brotha voicing 4 different people on here? Is it that hard to find black voice actors? Shit, at least get a different voice for Black Lightning. He sounds almost the same as Aqualad and that voice just doesn't suit BL. It's too young.[/QUOTE]

Apparently if you have more than a certain number of voice actors in a production it get a different classification and everybody has to be paid more...

Dale Copper

Apr 12, 2018
Episode 14 was pretty good.

Like how Superman is saying whelmed now.

Guy Gardern is hilarious.

I'm shock Granny didn't try to beat and or kill Beast Boy for calling her out.

I need more scenes at the Harper residence.