• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

marrec

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
"Oh she's a lobbyist? Well I guess we know the REAL reason she asked about sexual harassment!"

uhh, is it because she's a young woman who wants to get into politics?

Armaros

Oct 25, 2017
A separation between the political class and the working class is NOT a right wing talking point. I don't know what to tell you if that is a foreign concept to you.

a college student working as an intern is of the policial class?

What the fuck are you talking about, and HOW DARE YOU TRY TO DEHUMANIZE HER.

YOU ARE LITERALLY DOING IT AGAIN.

LifeLine

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think anyone is disagreeing that what happened to the woman is wrong. It's the usual sexist, racist, garbage people that always perpetuate this nonsense.

What people are disagreeing with is the OP omitting context and placing the blame on TYT. This is the format of what the TYT video shows:

- A clip of the CNN question which shows the name of the person who asked the question, and their job description. All of this provided by CNN.
- A image from TYT clarifying what the actual job of the person is.

For example:

CNN: Name of the person - "Community Organizer"
TYT: Name of the person - "Founder and CEO of a PR Firm"

CNN: Name of the person - "former bio teacher"
TYT: Name of the person - "Chair of the Baltimore County Democratic Party"

Not to mention TYT continuously mention that all these questions are still fair and the people who asked the questions are the not the problem, the misleading descriptions from CNN are.

Sounds like typical Bernie supporters to me.

Generalizing an entire group by the actions of a small minority. Sounds like a typical alt-right comment to me.

Vector

Feb 28, 2018
I don't really get what's wrong with people affiliated with the Democratic party asking tough questions of a Democratic candidate. Would the outrage be more or less if they were serving him up alley oops? Is this like 2016 where anything Democrats did to inconvenience Bernie was framed as corruption and election rigging while he was competing in an election against other democrats?
That's fine but it's not the point of the criticism here - the point is that CNN should have disclosed their political affiliations.

Trickster

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Odds on Bernie publicly condemning the behavior and people attacking her ?

Which he should obviously

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
I have written multiple lengthy posts about this and no one is exonerating the harassers because they ARE bad actors.

What should also be stressed, which the OP did not, is that it's absolutely unfair to paint Bernie supporters with the same brush.

Only if you reveal their phone number, email, or home address. Otherwise it's just harassment, which is still bad, but relatively not as harmful.

Yeah what riveting and impressive condemnation.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
The same TYT that even said the questions were good?
Come. The. Fuck. On.

They were literally only lambasting CNN for their lack of transparency
They shouldnt have postes her facebook profile when they know what their fanbase is like.

TYT is an embarassment

Cocaloch

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Where the Fenians Sleep
User Banned (Permanent): Consistent history of spreading misinformation and conspiratorial rhetoric, hostility towards other members, returning from ban and repeating banned behavior
Widen that conspiracy net, yes yes

Oh please, it's hardly a conspiracy, to suggest that the administration here isn't particularly fond of the leftist community. You can disagree with my assessment, but it's hardly a conspiracy theory. I'm not claiming that the mods are being paid by the DNC or anything crazy, just that it's fairly clear where the moderation team as a whole's sympathies lie. People are naturally going to act in a way based on their inclinations without extreme effort taken to act otherwise.

I mean leftists get banned for referencing historical revolutions because it's advocating for violence, but directly advocating for violence against certain groups that are considered acceptable targets don't receive any sort of punishment. If you want some evidence feel free to look at the posts around my last ban.

Like come on man, you post on the Bore, I know you don't think the mod team here is a paragon of unbiased and fair moderation.

Edit: nevermind I was confusing you with Melkr.

Fantastical

Oct 27, 2017
It... absolutely is? If they are a former biology teacher?

What relevance does their current political activity have to the questions being asked?

Hm, I wonder why people might be suspicious of a town hall stacked with people working in politics? And then ultra suspicious when you hide the fact?

marrec

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
"Oh she's chair of the baltimore democratic party? I guess we know who paid her to be here!"

TheModestGun

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
I don't really get what's wrong with people affiliated with the Democratic party asking tough questions of a Democratic candidate. Would the outrage be more or less if they were serving him up alley oops? Is this like 2016 where anything Democrats did to inconvenience Bernie was framed as corruption and election rigging while he was competing in an election against other democrats?
There is nothing wrong with it other than the fact that CNN intentionally veiled the political identities of these people so as to not make it obvious what their political intent was (if there one).

It's totally fine that they be participating in the town hall. As long as its transparent so the viewers can easily discern the specific perspective they are coming from and all the implications that go along with them.

Krauser Kat

Oct 27, 2017
This thread makes me so sad. Like, oh are we going to get through a primary when we have a whole bunch of women running and now somehow cant ask questions who had very distinct sexual harassment problems in the past.

There are no bad actors here, everyone involved right now is politically active in someway and other candidates and the DNC should be asking hard questions of candidates that is how we get the strongest candidate.

marrec

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Hm, I wonder why people might be suspicious of a town hall stacked with people working in politics? And then ultra suspicious when you hide the fact?

If the content of the questions was relevant and necessary, yes I do wonder why people would instead question the motivations of the people asking the questions.

Armaros

Oct 25, 2017

Someone in DC intenring in politics attending a town hall is suspicious?

This thread is an embarassment to this forum. I haven't seen this many excuses for harassment since the height of gamergate.

rras1994

Nov 4, 2017
Fuck, why the hell has this thread turned Bernie into the real victim instead of the poor women who had the "audacity" to dare ask a question about sexual harassment???

pigeon

Oct 25, 2017
So, consider this, would you have believed them if they told you their jobs without evidence?

I don't watch TYT.

Would their usual audience believe it without evidence? Honestly I think probably.

But for the sake of your argument let's assume the answer is "no" because they're all good little empiricists. Does that justify posting the screencaps and profiles?

Latpri

Banned
Apr 19, 2018

ERA is the first place to tell you that DC is majority black, poor and disenfranchised but when a DC town hall is packed to the gills with DNC members and lobbyists suddenly the tune changes to "Oh well why are we surprised that people in DC are involved in politics?"

I ask again: why do you think there were so many people involved in politics were in a Town Hall taking place in Washington D.C.?

Right on cue

inner-G

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
PNW
It seems like many people think the harassment is a totally separate thing than what CNN was doing trying to cover up their affiliatins, so maybe we do need a new thread for that.

TheModestGun

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
This thread makes me so sad. Like, oh are we going to get through a primary when we have a whole bunch of women running and now somehow cant ask questions who had very distinct sexual harassment problems in the past.

There are no bad actors here, everyone involved right now is politically active in someway and other candidates and the DNC should be asking hard questions of candidates that is how we get the strongest candidate.
You are being naive. There is nothing wrong with asking tough questions about sexual harassment. There is everything wrong with a news network lying by omission or misrepresentation.

Oct 27, 2017
Funny how so many people are making the same points that TYT made in the video while saying TYT had the opposing motivations.

Maybe actually listen to what they say before assuming you know what all of the content it.

THIS DOES NOT MEAN I AGREE WITH THEM PUTTING THE NAMES AND INFO IN FRONT OF THEIR VIEWERS

Clipjoint

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't think anyone is disagreeing that what happened to the woman is wrong. It's the usual sexist, racist, garbage people that always perpetuate this nonsense.

What people are disagreeing with is the OP omitting context and placing the blame on TYT. This is the format of what the TYT video shows:

- A clip of the CNN question which shows the name of the person who asked the question, and their job description. All of this provided by CNN.
- A image from TYT clarifying what the actual job of the person is.

For example:

CNN: Name of the person - "Community Organizer"
TYT: Name of the person - "Founder and CEO of a PR Firm"

CNN: Name of the person - "former bio teacher"
TYT: Name of the person - "Chair of the Baltimore County Democratic Party"

Not to mention TYT continuously mention that all these questions are still fair and the people who asked the questions are the not the problem, the misleading descriptions from CNN are.

Exactly. Here's what CNN showed vs what TYT showed. The first is being painted as ok, and the second is "Doxxing".

AdqDOny.png

mescalineeyes

Banned
May 12, 2018
Vienna
User banned (1 week): dismissing concerns surrounding harassment
all your asses are really showing here. You don't give a fuck about any of these women. You just want to score political points against Bernie and TYT

If you really cared about women's safety you wouldn't need to lie, twist facts and constantly argue in bad faith.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
It seems like many people think the harassment is a totally separate thing than what CNN was doing trying to cover up their affiliatins, so maybe we do need a new thread for that.

This woman was a student

She was presented as a student

It's y'all who have decided she's a political agent.

marrec

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
all your asses are really showing here. You don't give a fuck about any of these women. You just want to score political points against Bernie and TYT

If you really cared about women's safety you wouldn't need to lie, twist facts and constantly argue in bad faith.

Ah yes, the people concerned about harassment are the true bad guys

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
TYT fucked up here and it's hard to imagine they weren't at least somewhat aware of what they were doing. You cannot present a story postulating these people have ulterior political motivations and post their personal information for all to see and not expect some amount of backlash and for them to receive harassment as a result because people will always believe the worst, especially with regards to Bernie and his outsider status against the establishment Dems. They've been in this game long enough to not be so naive.

If the questions were fair and perfectly valid, as TYT seem to claim they were, then whether or not those asking them have other affiliations or even ulterior motives doesn't really matter. It's a complete non-story.

And it's not the same as CNN posting their name and occupation because CNN wasn't fucking airing theories these people were bad actors and secret DNC plants looking to undermine Bernie. They were just people in a town hall asking questions.

OP
OP

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Cheebo you need to post the Young Turks video in OP, please. Many of us, myself including, haven't seen it, and it is germane to this topic.

You are misconstruing what I said, or simply missing the point.

How are The Young Turks equivalent to Breitbart News, an organization that regularly dehumanizes, and excuses or even advocates violence towards, minorities and women?

The analogy is without any sort of value. Criticism is valid. Baseless analogies, on the other hand, don't add anything to the discussion.
I am not posting the video of her being doxxed.

It is irrelevant what CNN did. That isn't an excuse to doxx her.

"Ethics in journalism" isn't valid context for doxxing.

IggyChooChoo

Oct 25, 2017
ERA is the first place to tell you that DC is majority black, poor and disenfranchised but when a DC town hall is packed to the gills with DNC members and lobbyists suddenly the tune changes to "Oh well why are we surprised that people in DC are involved in politics?"

Right on cue
What is a DNC member? Do you mean someone who works for the Democratic Party?

Latpri

Banned
Apr 19, 2018
Is anyone saying it's okay to harass people? Please point me to them so I can condemn that sentiment.

Harassment is bad. I dont harass anyone and I dont condone other doing it.

Nobody says it, but if you dont preface every post you make with "Harassment is bad. I don't harrass anyone and I dont condone others doing it" it means you agree 100% with every single malicious tweet ever sent. Havent you gotten the memo?

Krauser Kat

Oct 27, 2017
You are being naive. There is nothing wrong with asking tough questions about sexual harassment. There is everything wrong with a news network lying by omission or misrepresentation.
That information literally doesnt matter, she is a huge political operative in the area she lives in, her not asking questions would be weird.

Fantastical

Oct 27, 2017
If the content of the questions was relevant and necessary, yes I do wonder why people would instead question the motivations of the people asking the questions.
No one, not even TYT which this thread is about, is arguing that the questions are unfair. They are very fair questions that should be asked.

We should also be asking why CNN hid the fact that these people are involved in politics and involved so many of them in the first place. That is not an unfair question, and doesn't run against the fact that tough questions are, of course, fair. And in this instance in particular it is a fair question. The video talks about multiple people, not all that posed tough questions to Bernie.

marrec

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
TYT: Listen we're not saying these questions were bad questions, we're just saying that the girl who asked it is a lobbyist...

lmao okay TYT stay pressed your boy got asked actual questions

rras1994

Nov 4, 2017

I'm from Northern Ireland, I don't give a fuck who gets the DNC primary, I'm not even sure what this is, I do give a fuck about this forum downplaying harassment towards women. Your post is offensive and demeaning towards the women in this thread that are hurt by this.

Emmert

Banned
Oct 23, 2018
No CLEARLY the fact that she interns for a lobbying group in DC means this is a politically motivated hit job.

Especially since she gets paid (checks notes) 0 dollars a month!

Doxing and harassing are totally uncalled for. But is it really too much to ask for CNN to be transparent?

marrec

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
No one, not even TYT which this thread is about, is arguing that the questions are unfair. They are very fair questions that should be asked.

We should also be asking why CNN hid the fact that these people are involved in politics and involved so many of them in the first place. That is not an unfair question, and doesn't run against the fact that tough questions are, of course, fair. And in this instance in particular it is a fair question. The video talks about multiple people, not all that posed tough questions to Bernie.

Honestly, I do think it's a fair response to expect more out of CNN in the future... however, that's such a fucking small piece of this it is SHOCKING to me that people have grasped onto it as if THAT is the real story here.

The real story is that TYT doxxed a young woman because she had the audacity to ask a tough question of their lord and savior.

Status
Not open for further replies.