• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DonShula

Oct 25, 2017
This year was a designated "maintain" year. Wife is getting her masters so I'm keeping the trains running on time.

Nothing blew up so I guess I did well?

Oct 26, 2017
Appalachia
I mixed and released an album/EP for my band this year. I mean it's not really all that great and I realized a bunch of mistakes I made right after I put it out, but I did it!

Fiction

Fanthropologist
Oct 25, 2017
Elf Tower, New Mexico
I got an amazing job that is high stress but could net me a ton of money with a company that cares seriously about their employees. Hell we even get free hot lunch everyday. Plus they reached out to me instead of the other way around. It was so surreal I thought it was a scam at first

I'm still in training and the turn over is high due to the stress but I think I'm going to make something of it. Crossing my fingers.

leeky

Oct 27, 2017
Getting some semblance of a grip on web development.
Can do more pushups and pull-ups than last year.
Got out of one soul-less job and got something I actually am enjoying so far.

JCHandsom

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
Finding a girlfriend, although a recent flub on my part has put a question mark on that.

Geirskogul

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I started working towards fixing a medical issue I've been struggling with for nearly a decade, but I'm afraid its probably too little too late at this point.

Gaardus

Oct 27, 2017
Sometimes it feels like the answer is "absolutely nothing," but I managed to keep my grandmother living in her own home for another year.

Doom_Bringer

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Got into a major Canadian bank as a software dev (co-op)
Learned a whole lot of programming on my own and at school (Still learning every day)
Became an Oracle certified programming associate

I have my eyes set on web development. I REALLY want to finish the front end cert at Free code camp ASAP but this will be super hard with school and work :(

Also my senior managers and a lot of other people told me my social skills are poor and holding me back. So I will sign up for toastmasters next month and I also really want to start talking to girls I find attractive.

Lys Skygge

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
Got engaged

Got to go on a trip I've been wanting to go on for years (traveled for a month through Iceland and Scotland!)

Got a decent paying job as a mason

Pretty good year overall despite all the Trump shit.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I got my associates degree in digital arts and made to transfer to a university to get my BA in graphic design. Never would have thought I would get to such a point in my life 3 years ago.

Superking

Oct 25, 2017
- Finally graduated college
- Got a (temporary) gig at a major T.V. network
- More or less healed my injured elbow
- Went to Yosemite for the first time
- Went to Sequoia for the first time

Honestly though, on balance, despite all this, i think I had a much better time last year. Certainly had a lot more fun, it felt like. Plus I had a hot Asian gf.

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
Travelled by myself for the first time overseas and studied Chinese in a Taipei university.

Tuck

Oct 25, 2017
It was a big year.

I learned scuba diving. I learned snowboarding. I hiked the Salkantay and Inca trail to Machu Pichu. I will (hopefully) have finished my master of Engineering degree. I will have gotten a full time job. I'll be finishing the year in New Zealand.

The two years prior were some of the worst in my life. This year changed everything and got my life back on track. Hopefully life after school - this time - isn't quite so awful.

Eldy

Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
I started thinking about going back to school last year as I got increasingly despondent about my dead-end job. Decided to apply to grad school for library science back in mid-January after one especially shitty day at work and now I'm wrapping up my first semester. The adjustment after several years away from academia hasn't been entirely smooth but I think it was better than the alternative.

Mr Spasiba

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Managed to keep my depression under control enough to not spontaneously and needlessly quit my job for sevenish months.

ry-dog

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I got my PADI scuba diving lisence, had my best year at university so far and went (still on) a exchange in Bejing.

Xavillin

Oct 25, 2017
Finally decided to enter college. Feels good. If two, I also finally started driving. I got my permit back in March, didn't actually start driving until October, but hey better late than never.

Oct 29, 2017
This:
wxPPkfU.png
damn, that's great.

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
Still have a job, still have a house, game collection keeps growing. Stability is great. Everone else around me seems to be falling apart though, hope that gets better soon.

/edit: actually I shouldn't say everyone when it's just a few people, but still.