• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

GTAce

Oct 27, 2017
Bonn, Germany
3 lanes with 1 being more dangerous but having higher advantages was our goal when creating every map... The classic maps we had in S4 (Especially Fox Hunt) were gorgeous, unfortunatley we didn't get to share them since we were forced to compete with CoD.
Killing off SOCOM the way they did was one of Sony's biggest crimes in their history.

osnameless

Jan 13, 2018
I know it shouldn't matter that much since it's a fighting game story, and those are generally not... significant, but I feel robbed that Dark Raiden was only in MK11's story mode for like 2 minutes.

The entire rebooted MK trilogy was for the most part Raiden's arc, and it just sucked that they didn't go the Dark Raiden route, and instead just relied on an older Raiden.

Again, I don't know why it still bothers me to this day.

Also, Johnny Cage had the most potential to be the hero of the story from MKX going forward.

OSPC

Banned
Dec 18, 2019
Modding potential should be taken into account when reviewing games. Mod support like Bethesda games have can actually be very difficult and expensive to implement, and usually requires the game to be built in a certain way from the ground up. It annoys me when people try to discredit it.

Don Fluffles

Oct 28, 2017
Satan is one of the greatest classic game villains, up there with Bowser, Kefka and GlaDOS.

And by Satan I mean the one from Puyo Puyo.
S2KBhX.gif

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
Code Veronica is a bad game sorely in need of a remake. I really hope they do it after 3, but I'm not holding my breath
I think they will do it, wesker+chris + claire + alexia, it has the potential to be one of the best horror REs, hell if they do it right it would easily be a better game than REmake 2 i hope they dont skip a good oportunity to revive a classic game because its not on the top list of a bunch of fanboys who will complain,CAPCOM knows what they are doing, bringing quality modern horror games let the remakes continue

Calvinien

Banned
Jul 13, 2019
hell yeah, i agree with this completely

I mean, the graphics are amazing for a ps3 game. It and halo 4 both look better than a bunch of stuff a generation later. But yeah it's basically the force awakens for the entire zombie genre.

My unpopular gaming opinion is this:

Jefi fallen order is a bad game. Not a good but flawed game. Not an average game. A bad game. It is jankier than any game I can think of that does not have Online or 75 in the title. IAnd I played Anthem at launch. At least the core gameplay mechanics of that game worked. Half the time I die I wonder if I made a mistake, or the game was glitching on me because it's usually an even bet. It is a thoughtless mismash of systems that constantly conflict with each other. The difficulty curve is more like a zigzag as boss fights will be a breeze but then you get killed by a random dude with stun sticks who can inexplicably not be blocked.

It has metroidvania style progression, but the only things you ever really find in epxloring are cosmetic and thus worthless. It has a bunch of soulslike features to whose use completely ruins the fun of being a jedi. It has god of war style quick time events but they are poorly implemented and often not at all obvious what the game wants you to do. They seem to have spent a goof 50% of their budget on sliding sequences and squeezing through gap sequences, because they are constant and never not annoying. The customization system actively ruins the impact of one of the most important plot beats. Collectible ponchos would be the stupidest element in any other game but this one.

And worst of all, the game makes me pine for Force unleashed....which I only played for the first time 2 weeks ago and hated.

JFO is well received because people so badly want there to be single player star wars games, and so badly want to love a star wars game that they are blinding themselves ot the fact that this game plays like an alpha build. And I get it. I keep pushing forward, hoping that it wil get better, and evey now and then there will be a period free enough from annoyances that I will begin to wonder If I am being too hard on the game and maybe I shouldn't trade it in....and then the game will snd me a 2 on one bosss fight on me in a confined space where I can easily be stunlocked, with a nearly minute long load time, and a bunch of backtracking/puzzling to get back to the boss room.

ZSaberLink

Oct 26, 2017
Zelda Breath of Wild is an unfinished game and thus kind of a boring game (personally it's my least favorite 3d Zelda). It has an interesting framework (climb towers / walls, find landmarks, travel to landmarks you see is great) that they never got around to fleshing everything else out.

Wollan

Mostly Positive
Oct 25, 2017
Norway but living in France
Most games over-tutorialize. I believe only very unique features of a game needs some splainin. The other normal aspects like i.e. 'hold L2 to aim, R2 to shoot' (freezing all actions) should just be left un-touched upon besides maybe a small non-blocking and fading text saying i.e. 'you can now use your gun'.

But since it's either the complete tutorial or no tutorial I tend to go with the former for every game simply because there *might* be an unique feature/complexity or two in the game.

Dever

Dec 25, 2019
So far as I've played it, The Witcher 3 is really boring. Walk to yellow circle on map, activate Witcher-vision, press X to inspect things that glow red. Sometimes there's combat. The story context for doing this changes significantly for each quest, but the literal activity seems basically the same throughout.

SmittyWerbenManJensen

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Floater’s Cemetery
Like some others have said, The Witcher 3 is truly a chore to play, and its story does not make up for how unfun it is. Easily the most overhyped game I can think of (i've played through it twice: 1x PC, 1x Switch). It has clunky, floaty gameplay, tedious item management/loot, excessively annoying backtracking, a frustrating fast travel system, and almost all caves/dungeons are very similar/boring.

Listai

50¢
Oct 27, 2017
God of War is a mediocre game.

The visuals are stunning - I was surprised by the story as I found myself somewhat invested rather quickly but the gameplay is really uninspired, so much so that I find it a chore to play through.

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
God of War is a mediocre game.

The visuals are stunning - I was surprised by the story as I found myself somewhat invested rather quickly but the gameplay is really uninspired, so much so that I find it a chore to play through.

i played and beat god of war and thought "eh that was fine". I was so dissapointed that i didnt like it as much as others did that ive tried going back for a second run a few times now. I just end up feeling bored about 20 minutes in every time

HBK

Oct 30, 2017
GOTYs and other awards stupidities should die in a trash fire.

They only serve to reinforce the "if you ain't first ye're last" mentality (when they're not simply console war ammo) where people keep chasing the same games, ignoring "lesser" games because, you know, why play "LESSER" games when you can play the "Game Of The Year"?

As if rating games made sense in the first place smh

Torpedo Vegas

Oct 27, 2017
Parts Unknown.
The older I get the less I want to play "Mature" games. I'm passed the whole I'm an adult I want adult stuff phase of my life. I don't care at all about Last of Us 2. I want a new Jak and Daxter. I'd rather play Luigi's Manson 3, Dragon Quest builders and stuff like that compared to anything else.

MisterR

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Most Nintendo games are charming but shallow and repetitive and with no real stories and become boring after playing for a short time.

dcex1

Mar 6, 2019
All fallout games are poor in almost every way... With my main gripes being:

- Landscapes, and art in general seems so lacklustre and depressing. I get the theme and all, but to me it just doesn't work and is a massive deterrent.
- NPCs (Although a common issue for me with most Bethesda games) are boring and lacking character... however I think this primarily comes down to the technology and lack of innovation on NPC interactions in a lot of RPGs.
- Engine, as already mentioned. Fallout 4 should have been so much more... but I really feel like the engine did not help it and made so much of it feel sluggish. For me, Bethesda have been struggling ever since post Oblivion games. Their engine feels soo dated now. And don't get me started on Fallout 76...

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
- NPCs (Although a common issue for me with most Bethesda games) are boring and lacking character... however I think this primarily comes down to the technology and lack of innovation on NPC interactions in a lot of RPGs.
Have you played 1, 2 or New Vegas or are you just going off the Bethesda ones? Bc lol

Aaron D.

Oct 25, 2017
GOTYs and other awards stupidities should die in a trash fire.

They only serve to reinforce the "if you ain't first ye're last" mentality (when they're not simply console war ammo) where people keep chasing the same games, ignoring "lesser" games because, you know, why play "LESSER" games when you can play the "Game Of The Year"?

As if rating games made sense in the first place smh

I can get behind this.

It was kinda sad to see the GoW vs. RDR2 wars during GOTY season last year. The 'pick one side and tear down the other' formula was pretty cringe. All the while completely ignore everything else.

At least this year had a bit more diversity in the rankings as there was no clear front-runners.

I actually dig GOTY season as it can be a wonderful discovery tool. I mean, no one has the time or money to play everything out there.

But at the same time the toxic warring typically centered around exclusive titles is pretty disappointing and tired.

I'd also add that disqualifying Early Access titles from nominations is kind of lame. Like I get why it's done, but it never seems to work out in a game's favor as it doesn't take into account when a game is high up on the awareness scale. Overcrowd is my GOTY '19 even though it's in EA. It won't be my GOTY '20 even if it's 1.0 at that point. The moment will have already past. But it would have been nice to give it a little visibility this year ('19 GOTY) as it's so niche.

HBK

Oct 30, 2017
But at the same time the toxic warring typically centered around exclusive titles is pretty disappointing and tired.
I'll admit the toxic warring is mainly what bothers me.

But the whole "let's congratulate already pretty successful titles" is also pretty sad if you think about it.

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
the longer games get the more boring they become. you cant make 90 percent of games stay interesting for 40 plus hours and all the copy paste side quests just feel like busy work unless actual thought is put into making them feel unique from each other.

blue_phazon

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
the longer games get the more boring they become. you cant make 90 percent of games stay interesting for 40 plus hours and all the copy paste side quests just feel like busy work unless actual thought is put into making them feel unique from each other.
I think you can if the gameplay is fun

I love the battle system in Xenoblade 2 so much that I played for 100 hours

TortadeJamon

Banned
Dec 23, 2018
  • Sunset Overdrive is a better game than Spider-Man (still a very good game).
  • Dying Light is the best zombie game ever made, including the RE games (very good) and The Last of Us (mediocre).
  • Modern Mario is a soulless glass-eyed mannequin that lost any charm he had years ago. He's the video game equivalent of Mickey Mouse.

Ryouji Gunblade

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
California
I generally do not like climbing in platormers. This often involves ledge hanging, chain-link stuff, ladders, vines, etc.

Mario 64 had poles and trees you could jump off of and even that was pushing it. Jumping is always more fun than climbing.

Doctor_Thomas

Oct 27, 2017
Death Stranding is a top tier game that will likely go down as a cult classic rather than the massive seller it deserves to be.

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order is a janky game, but no worse than any of the Souls games it sort of piggy backs off. I think it's biggest failing is that you're not powerful enough, you don't feel like a Jedi swinging a lightsaber against enemies that are sometimes damage sponges.

Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair is a much, much better game than the original Yooka-Layee, I'd also say it's better than any of the post-Rare Donkey Kong Country games.

Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo
The older I get the less I want to play "Mature" games. I'm passed the whole I'm an adult I want adult stuff phase of my life. I don't care at all about Last of Us 2. I want a new Jak and Daxter. I'd rather play Luigi's Manson 3, Dragon Quest builders and stuff like that compared to anything else.

I'm with you. For me, it's not only about the gameplay which I tend to like less; it's also the fact that I often find mature games cringing, telegraphed and so on. There are exceptions of course.

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sean Matsuda is the best shoto-type character in the entire Street Fighter series and Capcom are morons for not pushing him into a more prominent role.

Final Fantasy XII is an incredibly mediocre game bogged down with an unlikeable cast, a poor story and abysmal gameplay.

GTA4 gets a ton of undeserved shit and is better than GTA5 in almost every way except for maybe the city it's set in.

Devil May Cry as a series has been mediocre more than it's been great and I'm kinda shocked it's not one of the franchises Capcom have forgotten about.

Last edited:

Funkallero

Oct 28, 2017
Tokyo
I really disliked Jedi Fallen Order, and I think it was overestimated by critics because it has Dark Souls elements in a single player Star Wars game.

Listai

50¢
Oct 27, 2017
Illusion of Gaia is overrated.

I love the dungeons but everything else is a chore in this game.