• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker star Billy Dee Williams has embraced gender fluidity by using him and her pronouns in a new interview.

Speaking to Esquire, Williams, who is best known for playing the role of Lando Calrissian in the Star Wars franchise, was discussing a guide to being cool and advised people to just "be yourself".

"I never tried to be anything except myself," Williams said. "I think of myself as a relatively colourful character who doesn't take himself or herself too seriously.

"You see I say 'himself' and 'herself', because I also see myself as feminine as well as masculine," the actor later added. "I'm a very soft person. I'm not afraid to show that side of myself."

:)

Last edited:

Deleted member 14377

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That's so fucking cool. I aspire to completely embrace my femininity as well as masculinity as a hetero male. It's been a struggle, due to aging and fear of losing my softer features, but to see Billy at their age and embracing it wholly is a beautiful thing. I hope to age as gracefully, both in looks and as a human being.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (2 Weeks): Derailing a sensitive thread.
Didn't he use to beat one of his wives?

I'm just bringing this up now before someone else throws it out there. BDW is a cool dude, let old shit die.

Spinluck

ā–² Legend ā–²
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
This is pretty dope.

That's so fucking cool. I aspire to completely embrace my femininity as well as masculinity as a hetero male. It's been a struggle, due to aging and fear of losing my softer features, but to see Billy at their age and embracing it wholly is a beautiful thing. I hope to age as gracefully, both in looks and as a human being.

Masculinity and femininity are two sides of the same coin. I wish more people realized this lol.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
Didn't he use to beat one of his wives?

I'm just bringing this up now before someone else throws it out there. BDW is a cool dude, let old shit die.

"...used to beat one of his wives"

"Ehh, let's let old shit die..."

Please tell me you're kidding.

edit: meant for BossAttack

Girlfriend.

Found the article:

LOS ANGELES (AP) _ Actor Billy Dee Williams was arrested for allegedly battering his live-in girlfriend, authorities said.

Police received a domestic violence call Tuesday evening from a woman who said she was Williams' girlfriend, said police Detective Serge Ryevski.

``She had minor scratches and bruises,ā€³ he said.

Police confirmed early today that Williams, 58, was arrested at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday at a home in the Hollywood Hills. It was unclear if it was the actor's residence.

He was booked at the Hollywood station on suspicion of domestic violence, and was freed about 3 a.m. today after posting $50,000 bail, police said.

The woman's name wasn't released.

Lt. Ron Sanchez called the incident an argument that led to ``a physical confrontation from both parties, on both parties,ā€³ and added that Williams has ``absolutely no history of violence that we're aware of.ā€³

Deleted member 4372

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
On the arrest, as Chris Rock said, 'I guess he had a little too much Colt 45.'

Cool to see him say this. This is the first time Ive ever seen anyone articulate gender fluidity in this way. Interesting.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (1 Week): Dismissing Issues around Gender Identity.
Mmh, I don't get his comment, to be honest. Did he EVER actually use 'her' pronouns before this interview? Seems like he just came up with this on a whim.

DIE BART DIE

Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like he's just making the general statement "I'm someone who doesn't take himself or herself too seriously", as cool as it would be if he was being inclusive.

RockTiddies

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I dunno, that quote doesn't seem to imply or base any sort of personal identity or gender statement.

Sounds like a basic response to be inclusive, not necessarily the point of OP

Oct 25, 2017
no
lol so Williams legit says "I say himself and herself" and people still gotta question

and to question it because they never used different pronouns before this interview? So? I don't use they/them offline, but that doesn't change anything.

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
That's cool. Sia pretending to be someone else and paying for everyone's groceries was more :) though.

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I dunno, that quote doesn't seem to imply or base any sort of personal identity or gender statement.

Sounds like a basic response to be inclusive, not necessarily the point of OP

i thought so to until i read further in the article

but at the same time, i dunno if Billy is saying exactly the same thing as people think he's saying

OP
OP
excelsiorlef

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
Reset Era Presents:

Cirque de So Lame

Watch as our highly trained misery contortionists bend not only their bodies but reality itself to turn a positive story into a den of misery.

Critics are raving

"We've never been more miserable"

"Their ability to bend over backwards to make everyone else miserable would be inspiring if it wasn't just so gosh darn sad"

"These People Suck! Five Stars"

"A Tour de Force"

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
God damn some of you are miserable.
"You see I say 'himself' and 'herself', because I also see myself as feminine as well as masculine," the actor later added. "I'm a very soft person. I'm not afraid to show that side of myself."
To people questioning his sincerity, this is straight from the article.

Awesome

Last edited:

TheMango55

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Billy Dee Williams embraces gender fluidity, important female part in The Mandalorian.

The Fandom Menace in tatters.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Your Daily Dose of :)
maxresdefault.jpg

Deleted member 56909

Banned
May 21, 2019
underwater
I love how a thread about someone's gender indentity is just imidiately derailed by people not getting it again. It's a nice sweet thing and it's awesome someone is embracing both sides of their personality and being real to themselves. You don't have to get it.