• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cinemikel

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
metroid_prime_corruption___wide_by_alenintendo-d4ob1ie.jpg

Nintendo botches the Metroid Prime 4 Reveal with a weak first trailer. Bad art direction, questionable gameplay showcases, outdated graphics, just recycling old ideas/music with nothing really fresh.

Metroid Prime 4 is one of Nintendo's most hyped games right now next to Smash Bros and Pokemon.

Especially with the Metroid Prime branding, the official return of Metroid to consoles, First ever mainline game since the old Wii with Other M, First ever HD Metroid, I hope they know what they're up against in terms of standards to pass. They better kill it.

Oct 25, 2017
No Cyberpunk showing.

If From's next, Cyberpunk and Death Stranding gameplay are there it will be an awesome E3 for me.

Francesco

Nov 22, 2017

Nintendo botches the Metroid Prime 4 Reveal with a weak first trailer. Bad art direction, questionable gameplay showcases, outdated graphics, just recycling old ideas/music with nothing really fresh.

Metroid Prime 4 is one of Nintendo's most hyped games right now next to Smash Bros and Pokemon.

Especially with the Metroid Prime branding, the official return of Metroid to consoles, First ever mainline game since the old Wii with Other M, First ever HD Metroid, I hope they know what they're up against in terms of standards to pass. They better kill it.
Has it ever happened that a game as hyped as Metroid gets a "weak" first trailer and reactions?
Maybe Star Fox Zero?

DeeDogg

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Florida
Rdr2 is a no show, tlou2 gameplay looks shitty, Sony focuses on talking more than showing actual games, Pokemon switch isn't 2018

Deleted member 32374

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 10, 2017
That there will be cringe spread all around the internet from E3.

It will happen and we'll all look stupid for a couple of weeks.

aesync

Jan 19, 2018
Chicago
Oooof, yeah I'm trying to keep my expectations low for Prime 4. Both 2 and 3 didn't come close to touching the magic of 1 for me, and I doubt this one will too.

I'm worried that Anthem is going to look incredibly unfinished still. I'd like to see what they're doing at that studio but I have little faith in them actually creating a fun, compelling game.

Also terrified that Smash Bros is going to just be a reskin of WiiU.

Prompto

Oct 25, 2017
Sony/Microsoft don't have anything new to announce since it's close to the end of the generation and they're saving everything for next gen. Barely anything shown from games they have already announced. The Last of Us Part 2 just has a cutscene trailer again. No Halo 6. Ghost of Tsushima not even shown at all.

Nintendo botches Metroid Prime 4 and Smash Bros doesn't look or seem all that different from the Wii U version. Nothing major new announced either. No Pokémon

Kingdom Hearts 3 delayed till 2019. No new world shown

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
Nintendo announces Animal Crossing Switch and I lose my bet with my boyfriend. :L

Bigger fear: Nintendo shows Yoshi and NOTHING else, and the internet backlash will me very sad. (At least I'll have Yoshi.)

Zukkoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
Next-gen in 2019 becoming pretty apparent. I'm not ready!

No From Software announcement. Seems pretty darn likely, but nothing is guaranteed.

No Dying Light 2. It's time!

Deleted member 3017

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I guess the absence of FROM Software and Retro Studios.

Really though, E3 doesn't do it for me much anymore, so it's actually pretty hard for it to disappoint me these days.

Fraxin

Oct 28, 2017
No FFVIIR trailer.
No KHIII release date.
Nothing on DQXI.
No Shenmue remaster announcment.
No Yakuza Kiwami 2 localization.
Nothing on Japan Studio next project.
No Chrono Break.

Jan 11, 2018

To me, it is more than likely that fans will be disappointed from Metroid not being there at E3.

But my biggest fear is fans being outraged from Pokémon not showing up and me having to shout out loud "I TOLD YOU SO" at every corner of the internet...

Camstun187

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
China
Nintendo's presentation about their new upcoming online infrastructure is weak, and leaves us asking more questions than what's already been answered.

HibbySloth

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Smash being a port with minor additions and few new characters, mostly Fire Emblem. That would be my biggest fear. Thankfully that shouldn't happen.

Oct 28, 2017
Honestly, this might be the first e3 in a while that I dont have any major fears. In the past I've always feared that the big 3 would focus too much on motion controls, VR, or in Microsoft's case the kinect. However, the trend of extra peripherals has kinda fallen by the wayside. Also, we had a great year of games coming out in 2017 and 2018 has been fruitful as well. So I expect to see a lot of new stuff and thats a good thing

PSqueak

Oct 25, 2017
OP, your fear just became my hope, i want metroid to succeed, but it would absolutely be a blast to witness the meltdown of metroid fans if the reveal trailer for Prime 4 comes off as weak.

Y'all metroid fans deserve all the suffering possible before you get to the promise land in Metroid Prime 4.

Coi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Miyazaki goes to stage...
"So... This is Shadows Die Twice... And it's not Bloodborne 2!!!!"
The fear is real, Era.
:/

Gnorman

Banned
Jan 14, 2018
I don't really get hyped for the kind of games shown at E3 so hopefully everyone's fears are realised for the popcorn and meltdowns. ;-)

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I'm going this year so my biggest fear is California sinking into the Pacific that week just to spite me.

Buuut yeah in terms of games:
  • Smash Bros. barely gets shown and isn't playable. It's almost certainly the tentpole game though so I really doubt this'd happen.
  • Sony has another presser that's 90% games we've already seen again. I like PSX but last year's E3 was just dire because of it IMO.
  • Wonderbook 2: This Time It's VR.
  • Kingdom Hearts III isn't even mentioned, every Square Enix staff member just pulls a pained expression whenever it's brought up, Nomura is spotted crying in the bathroom.
  • Namco's Switch Tales game is revealed to be a Mario Party knock-off featuring characters from throughout the series.
  • Atlus heavily advertises a game it has barely even revealed... Again.

Status
Not open for further replies.