• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 24112

User requested account deletion
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
This place is just as toxic and awful as the old place. Everyone wants to antoganise each other with a gotcha. A lot of you think you're moral and and a good and important person, but you're not. I think most of you need to get off the internet and sit in a park and relax because some of you have lost your minds and have very little grasp of reality.

I only stay on here and read it sometimes because y'all throwing shit at each other over the silliest things is incredibly funny to a somewhat outsider despite posting sometimes.

Baji Boxer

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
As for numerous complaints of dogpiling, I'm not sure what they think the solution is. Every single forum of a certain size means you're going to get dogpiled for an unpopular opinion. You can't say "Ok, only two people are alowed to disagree with me!" It's not the forum's fault if you can't deal with multiple people not liking what you said.

This forum also has some nice features that can conceivably make rational discussion easier. You've got an ignore list, and alerts to see exactly who is responding to you. It's very easy to respond to a real argument and ignore stuff you think is just toxic, if you want.

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
As for numerous complaints of dogpiling, I'm not sure what they think the solution is. Every single forum of a certain size means you're going to get dogpiled for an unpopular opinion. You can't say "Ok, only two people are alowed to disagree with me!" It's not the forum's fault if you can't deal with multiple people not liking what you said.

This forum also has some nice features that can conceivably make rational discussion easier. You've got an ignore list, and alerts to see exactly who is responding to you. It's very easy to respond to a real argument and ignore stuff you think is just toxic, if you want.
Yup dogpiling comes with the territory if you have an unpopular opinion. That goes for anywhere basically. At least Resetera has good moderation.

Poppy

Oct 25, 2017
richmond, va
i think the only really moral thing to do is to voluntarily stop continuing humanity. not that you should be forced to do anything like that since we're all alive already and should help each other, but i really feel like it's the greatest honor you can perform as a conscious being, and i think a fully enlightened society would be a self terminating one

it's not in an attempt to shame anyone of course, life has seen fit to make its propagation feel quite meaningful

Jun 10, 2018
I guess for my edgy take: I felt everything for the move Smallfoot what I should have for. Black Panther. I enjoyed BP don't get me wrong, but I didn't feel for the movie like I know other black individuals did. Whereas with Smallfoot I surprisingly connected very much with the allusions to discrimination, otherness, prejudice, and isolation.

Also another edgy take: WB Animation studios are pumping out better movies than Pixar

The Watcher

Oct 29, 2017
America will never truly grow as a nation without the participation and collaborration of the right, particularly the rural right, and they could lay ruin to urban areas if they wanted to. If we don't find common ground and soon, we might end up in another civil war and we'll all lose.

Turin

Oct 27, 2017
Life/existence very possibly has no fundamental meaning/value(though that doesn't mean there's no value to found).

The majority of atheists and theists are able to get along. The loud and insecure give off a different impression.

Soundgarden and Alice in Chains > Nirvana (and In Utero is better than Nevermind)

Wombat_Lover

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jan 20, 2019
Rap music is crap

Sonic games have never been good.

All catholic priests and The Pope are paedophiles.

Jersey_Tom

Banned
Dec 2, 2017
Ska will never die.

1rd22y.gif

RoboitoAM

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe not edgy but I really think this place is a shit hole but besides Reddit, it's where I get my gaming news.

Everything turns into a controversy, and I'm so glad I can ignore threads now.

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
That's probably the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Who cares if it's in her body? It's a fully developed human being. Jesus Christ. Get some help.

Yo obviously people would rarely if ever actually get a 36th week termination, but who the fuck should be able to tell them they can't?

It would be the hardest decision in their life.

Everyone they know would know they aborted, since shit, people kinda know when others are pregnant. But, the right to do it should still be there.

Deleted member 49179

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2018
Ok, I'll bite. For this forum, my edgiest opinion would be that I definitely don't like superheroes at all. I find all the Marvel stuff absolutely boring.

The only superhero stuff I like is the Batman universe from the Nolan's movies, and from the Gotham TV series. And maybe also from the Rocksteady's Arkham games.

Burrman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Drugs help artists become even greater artists. Musicians, actors, artists etc.
Don't do drugs tho...

angelgrievous

Middle fingers up
Nov 8, 2017
Ohio
Hmmmm idk what's edgy or not anymore lol

- a lot of ppl on this site claim to be allies n whatnot but would never live in a minority neighborhood. Don't have more than 1 or 2 minority friends and don't date minority women.

what exactly would living in a minority neighborhood accomplish?

actually, better yet. What is a minority neighborhood?

Azzazel

Oct 25, 2017
I hate the current state of the Star wars films so much. I really do, specially after watching the last trailer and seeing how everyone just cheered for
freaking Palpatine
. It showed me that star wars fans at the end of the day just want the same old shit and it shall always be like that.

Let the past die? Fuck no! Let's bathe in the past, let's use the same characters, call backs, the same shit family, everything. New characters? Only if they have a relation with the previous ones of course.

neon/drifter

Shit Shoe Wasp Smasher
Apr 3, 2018
America will never truly grow as a nation without the participation and collaborration of the right, particularly the rural right, and they could lay ruin to urban areas if they wanted to. If we don't find common ground and soon, we might end up in another civil war and we'll all lose.
Has someone been listening to Robert Evans "It Could Happen Here"?

OP
OP
tommy7154

tommy7154

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My vote for most controversial take so far has to be the person that thinks women should have the right to abort up until the day before they give birth.

Damn.

Dec 22, 2018
I like Penn Jilette's take on this. To paraphrase: "If you are religious and you are not trying to proselytize to me, how can you say you love me?"

I think that's an excellent take. If I sincerely believed in a religion that taught that non-believers were horriblly punished in the afterlife, either through torture via literal hellfire or simply through some form of spiritual isolation, I'd like to think that I'd be a good enough person to try and "save" people. I've never gotten angry at someone for earnestly preaching to me.

The religious people I really can't stand are the ones who try to force their religious doctrine on others through criminal legislation, violence, or social alienation, use their religion like a cudgel to put non-believers and other religious groups in their place (e.g. where the phrase "I'll pray for you" is really code for "go fuck yourself, heathen."), or who loudly proclaim their belief in divine intervention through prayer for "the worthy" but seemingly can't be bothered to pray for anyone besides themselves, their political candidates or their favorite sports teams.

This however is definitely controversial. I would be wary of trusting police for your own sake. It is dangerous to have a positive view of people who do not have a positive view of you, who have a great deal of unchecked power, and who can turn on you on a dime and get away with murdering you.

I can certainly appreciate where people are coming from, especially POC who've historically suffered under aggressive and racist police and continue to do so. I've just had different life experiences which have lead me to appreciate the police (in general).

I've also had a job for the past 5 years that's exposed me to a lot of the good work cops do in the mental health sector. While I realize that's anecdotal, it's hard if not impossible to be exposed to dozens of situations in which cops have saved peoples' lives, or deescalated dangerous situations without resorting to violence, and think poorly of them. They usually don't get in the paper for saving lives; only for snuffing them out.

Again though, I admit I'm biased based on my rl experience with police. I'm aware of, and can acknowledge, that bias.

amnesties

Nov 17, 2017
mcdonald's is the best restaurant in the world. great food, great service, great interior design of restaurants. just very good all round

amnesties

Nov 17, 2017
the notre dame cathedral ain't even that special. you'll find many better looking cathedrals in some random small towns in rural italy

Oct 27, 2017
I went back to visit an old forum I'd left years ago becuase it became too toxic. Shortly into my visit I saw two assholes go from bickering to saying "literally fucking kill yourself" at each other and it was like a breath of fresh air. All the passive aggressive moral posturing here gets exhausting, and I think sometimes I'd rather have people just drop their pretenses of civility and just be fucking awful to each other for God's sake.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
the notre dame cathedral ain't even that special. you'll find many better looking cathedrals in some random small towns in rural italy
Maybe the edgiest post in the thread
I went back to visit an old forum I'd left years ago becuase it became too toxic. Shortly into my visit I saw two assholes go from bickering to saying "literally fucking kill yourself" at each other and it was like a breath of fresh air.
😬

Strangelove_77

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
From now on no new children should be made. I'd enforce it if I had the power.

Strangelove_77

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I went back to visit an old forum I'd left years ago becuase it became too toxic. Shortly into my visit I saw two assholes go from bickering to saying "literally fucking kill yourself" at each other and it was like a breath of fresh air. All the passive aggressive moral posturing here gets exhausting, and I think sometimes I'd rather have people just drop their pretenses of civility and just be fucking awful to each other for God's sake.
God yes. Sometimes you just want to tell some of the people here to eat shit and shut up. The trolls get away with so much as long as they don't technically break any rules and we can't call them out on their shit.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
Alternative thread title: "Please come show your ass" haha

And don't get me wrong, I'm posting here too, I'm not exempt, but the not-so-thinly veiled "Era sucks because of progressives, I wish people would stop being advocates" but people don't want to come out and say it sucks.

Last edited:

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Miley Cyrus and Hannah Montana had an internal struggle, and Hannah won, and that's why Miley is a blonde pop star who constantly gets into wacky hijinks.

Status
Not open for further replies.