• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
Galaxy 2
Breath of the Wild
MGS3
------
Halo 2
AC4

...not a very interesting list, admittedly.
Weird selection of franchises, haven't played any pokemon game fully to say one is my favorite which is probably on me.

OP
OP
Oct 25, 2017
Is this a list thread?
AND WHY (up to the posters to give the thread substance)

Galaxy 2
Breath of the Wild
MGS3
------
Halo 2
AC4

...not a very interesting list, admittedly.
Weird selection of franchises, haven't played any pokemon game fully to say one is my favorite which is probably on me.
All franchises with a shit ton of entries, was curious about what was considered the favorites. Initially had 12, but that seem excessive. Was aiming for the best franchises of the big three and the biggest third parties.

Zippro

May 20, 2018
Galaxy - New and creative in levels. A lot of variety and polish.
Majora's Mask - The most creative and atmospheric of the bunch. Well designed as both a game and an experience. Still unique even today.
Ghost Babel - Great levels, a compact Metal Gear experience, and just all around fun.
Black/White - Way more focus, but also with a great deal of variety and its structural differences are a welcome change. This one's honestly a tie between BW, HG/SS, and Platinum.
Reach - I mainly say this for the multiplayer, not too big on the campaign. I think this is probably the most overall fun experience, even if the individual parts aren't as strong as those in other games.
Black Flag - We pirate boys now

Skeeter49

I wish Jim Ryan would eat me
Oct 25, 2017
MGS3 (My favorite game of all time actually. Best pacing of any MGS game, best mechanics, best story, best bosses. Gameplay might have been refined in later games, but that's the only plus 4 and 5 have over 3 imo. The End and The Boss are the best 2 bosses in any game imo)

AC2 (Best pacing and level design in an AC game. Plus Ezio is really fucking cool, and the story is fun, without being too convoluted)

Pokemon Silver (Putting 2 Pokemon maps in one game is still insane to me, and hasn't been done in any other Pokemon game. Post game is so fucking good, with so much content. Nice variety of Pokemon as well, it's not too much of a grind, and the gyms are unique.)

MC_Leon6494

Sep 7, 2018
I'm here for list threads! Woooo

Super Mario Sunshine (Followed by Odyssey for 3D / World for 2D)
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Followed by 2D games. Other 3D are meh)
Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence (followed by MGS 1)
Pokemon HeartGold (followed by Pokemon Y)
Halo: Reach (close second is Halo ODST, then Halo: CE)
Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag (pirates!)

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Mario
Zelda
Metal Gear
Pokemon
Halo
Assassin's Creed
Mario Galaxy - Truly unique. Amazing controls, music and level design
Skyward Sword - I've never been a Zelda guy myself, but I loved this one because of the Motion Controls.
MGSV - I've only played the first and V. So not much of a reason really.
Platinum - Amazing music and Pokémon designs. Giratina is still amazing to this day.
Never played Halo.
AC 2 - Mainly because of the concept of playing in historical eras.

Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR
Mario
Zelda
Metal Gear
Pokemon
Halo
Assassin's Creed
Mario: Mario 64. Almost purely for nostalgia. I remember seeing it for the first time at the demo kiosk in the Toys R Us and being blown away by the visuals. I still get chills hearing the background music from Jolly Roger Bay.

Zelda: Ocarina of Time. I put off playing the Zelda series for far too long, but I wrote my college thesis on gender portrayals in videogames and I had to have some classic "boy rescues princess" tropes represented, so I played through OoT; it's really, really good.

Metal Gear: Metal Gear Solid 1. I loved this game. I loved MGS2 until the final act where the Colonel starts telling you how to prune Clematis and then tells you everything is a simulation; I have hated every MGS title since. MGS 1 is still great.

Pokemon: Haven't played a single second of this series.

Halo: Probably the first as it's the only one I completed and the only one I really remember. I tried Halo 2 but the PC release was buggy as hell and wouldn't run well for me. Frankly I prefer Bungie's earlier series, Marathon; I used to make maps in that way back in the day.

Assassin's Creed: Assassin's Creed II. Ezio is the most fully-realized protagonist and the game's story works without being too silly. Black Flag and Origins get honorable mention for taking the series in exciting new directions.

Status
Not open for further replies.