• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
I was jumping from video to video on youtube, I remembered a CM I really liked.

You can almost taste the nostalgia, man.

Of course, Segata Sanshiro is pretty much up there

What are your favorites?

carlosrox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver BC
Perfection. I love the voices and music.

"Space Hanta, Sam Saran"
"Baby Metroido"

Unironically love it when Japanese speak English. Music to my ears.

Trago

Oct 25, 2017
Kingdom Hearts.

I remember being a kid and saying "What is that?" out loud to myself.

Pure magic!

Oct 25, 2017
The Japanese Link to the Past/Triforce of the Gods commercial no doubt. I have about 1400 something JP commercials translated on my YouTube which I'm sure will be of interest.

Oct 25, 2017
Just put this one up...for fighting game intros, Last Bronx was up there with Soul Blade and Tekken 2. The same music is featured in the commercial.

modoversus

Oct 25, 2017
México

Double Life is a television advertisement released in 1999 by SCE Europe. The 60-second long ad – conceived and written by copywriter James Sinclair, art director, Ed Morris and Trevor Beattie (creative director) – shows 19 PlayStation players discussing their gaming experience with the console. The ad was the most highly awarded in the world in 1999/2000 and has gone on to gain cult status.

The ad never made it to television, and was seen only in brief appearances at Microsoft's promotional events, such as the Zero Hour launch event in Southern California. It did, however, flourish on the Internet, where several Web sites have hosted it.

Mountain is a 2003 television and cinema advertisement launched by Sony Corporation to promote the PlayStation 2 video game console. The budget for production and advertising space purchases for the 60-second piece amounted to £5m across all markets. The commercial depicts a Brazilian crowd congregating to form a mountain of human bodies, all competing to reach the top of the pile. The campaign surrounding Mountain was handled by advertising agency TBWA London. The commercial was directed by Frank Budgen. Production was contracted to Gorgeous Enterprises, with post-production by The Mill. Mountain premiered in 30 countries on 13 November 2003.
Mountain is part of the larger "Fun, Anyone?" series, launched earlier in 2003, which aimed to increase market share for the PlayStation 2 in the family demographic. The advertisement and its associated campaign were a critical and financial success. Mountain was nominated for over 40 awards from professional organisations in the advertising and television industries, including the Film Grand Prix at the Cannes Lions International Advertising Festival, considered the most prestigious award in the advertising community. Due in large part to the buzz generated by Mountain, sales for the 2003 Christmas period exceeded expectations, and the PlayStation 2's share of the console market increased from 74 to 77 percent.

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
God of War Ascension Super Bowl Ad:

Elle Goulding's song just makes this so memorable 😔

May 10, 2019
Dead Space

Condemned 2

This is the intro but not the commercial, though it could/should have been...

Road Rash

Last edited: