• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
Such brilliantly written games. So many examples of witty lines. This one is obvious because it's easy to remember, but mine is:

Guybrush: How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
Carpenter: A woodchuck would chuck no amount of wood since a woodchuck can't chuck wood.
Guybrush: But if a woodchuck could chuck and would chuck some amount of wood, what amount of wood would a woodchuck chuck?
Carpenter: Even if a woodchuck could chuck wood and even if a woodchuck would chuck wood, should a woodchuck chuck wood?
Guybrush: A woodchuck should chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood, as long as a woodchuck would chuck wood.
Carpenter: Oh shut up.

Oct 25, 2017
"Look behind you, a three headed monkey" still, to this day, makes me laugh out loud. It's probably the most obvious quote to pull but whatever, it's just a brilliant scene

Chivalry

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Nov 22, 2018
tumblr_mar2rmBElV1rhsouzo1_500.gif

We'll surely avoid scurvy if we all eat an orange.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017

edit: also "Never pay more than twenty dollars for a computer game" or something like that.

Oct 27, 2017
Cheating but the whole thing is just brilliant:

Bob the Ghost Pirate:
Captain LeChuck... sir... I...

LeChuck:
Ah... There's nothin' like the hot winds of hell blowin' in your face.

Bob the Ghost Pirate:
No sir... Nothing like it... Ah... Sir... I...

LeChuck:
It's days like this that make ye glad to be dead.

Bob the Ghost Pirate:
Oh, yes sir... glad to be dead...

LeChuck:
Ye are glad to be dead, RIGHT?

Bob the Ghost Pirate:
Oh yes sir. I feel so lucky that you happened to capture my ship, then murder me and everyone on board... yes sir... lucky.

LeChuck:
Glad to hear it.

sweetmini

Jun 12, 2019
Still need to play this one! I bought it in GOGs previous sale though, so it shan't be too long until I play it I hope.

Wait, you played the previous but not that one ? You're in for a treat !
What i would give to play that one fresh :)

I cannot give you mine then, they are Murray's property, i cannot weaken their effect.

edit: don't read what appears with a skull below ... you need to go fresh fresh fresh !

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Murray the Talking Demonic Skull: "I will stride through the gates of hell with your head on a pike!"

Guybrush: "Stride?"

Murray: "ok then, roll! Roll through the gates of hell!"

Edit: dang it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
CosmicRomancer
Oct 25, 2017
Wait, you played the previous but not that one ? You're in for a treat !
What i would give to play that one fresh :)

I cannot give you mine then, they are Murray's property, i cannot weaken their effect.

edit: don't read what appears with a skull below ... you need to go fresh fresh fresh !
I don't know why. 1 and 2 were classics that were readily available to play on ScummVM and that one just seemed to pass my attention--maybe the art style contributed?

Auron.90

Dec 3, 2017
"I am rubber you are glue, whatever you say, bounces of me & goes back to you." but only for the hilarious Italian translation in which they translated literally every single word, making the expression basically non sensical.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Fourth game has a lots of funny moments too:

Guybrush: (Looking at the lamp) What a weird lamp
Elaine: I love that lamp, Guybrush
Guybrush: I mean, weird in a good way.
Guybrush, looking again, whispering: It IS a weird lamp.

Try to jump off the cliff:
Goodbye cruel adventure game! Nah, maybe later.

Looking at the portrait of a naked fat lady at the bar:
Human body is a beautiful thing. Mostly. Ugh.

grmlin

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Uh... there was also that tree stump in the forest, and when you used it it said insert disk 500 or something in the Amiga version. Lol

OP
OP
CosmicRomancer
Oct 25, 2017
The only one you dont need to play is Escape from Monkey Island lol, Tales and Curse arent the same quality of the original and Lechuck Revenge but are pretty good.
I have actually played Escape from Monkey Island on the ps2 lol. I don't remember much of what it was like but I do remember this gem

Wilco

Nov 25, 2018
I'm on a whole new adventure.
Growing a mustache?
No. Bigger than that.
A beard?

Santar

Oct 27, 2017
Norway
There are waaaaay too many to list.
"mm, no"
"Is that a good AIEEEEEE?!"
"The Goodsoup family diamond. LeChuck stole it, you bought it, I want
it. Now."
"That's funny, I don't remember Grandfather Lambert as looking so...
mmm, so ...common."
Guybrush: "Your evil plan will never work, André!"
André: "But it is flawless! A carefully-placed series of charges laid
throughout Blood Island... ...all controlled by a network of satellites in a
geosynchronous orbit... ...and only one man has access to the master switch."

I love the Monkey Island games soo much. Though Curse is the most quotable for me.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
"Re-elect Governor Marley: When there's only one candidate, there's only one choice!"

It was at this moment when I realized that this game was going to be special.

demu

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
I'm on a whole new adventure.
Growing a mustache?
No. Bigger than that.
A beard?
lol

The German translation is top notch as well btw. Played The Curse of Monkey Island again a couple of months ago and had a great time.

"Dieses Öl ist nur für Hamburger, es bleibt hier."
- "Was für ein Zufall, ich komme aus Hamburg!"