• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Bonus poll

• Time is going by so fast. There aren’t enough hours in a day, I try not to take things for granted.

Votes: 92 73.0%
  • Life is excruciatingly slow. Could someone please speed this thing up?

Votes: 34 27.0%

• Total voters

out_of_touch

Oct 25, 2017
Asshole security is a thing, but in my case its usually their own fault for getting denied. They end up convincing me to leave with them even though I don't want to at all lol. Does your answer change if its only you two, or a group? (Substitute denied entry for getting kicked out, and bar for night/strip club if you want)

Tzarscream

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
If it's just me and him, I'm not going to go in alone.

If it's a group of 3 +, I would expect the non-entrant to take one for the team or go home and fix whatever it was that caused him denial and come back and try again.

Senator Toadstool

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Make sure when he takes it again that he studies more. The law can be hard.

(seriously. don't be an asshole and ditch your friend, there's other bars)

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
You are a shit friend if you go in and leave your friend. Just go somewhere else.

And substituting being denied with getting kicked out is just not 1:1.

Oct 25, 2017
湘南
You aren't friends if you leave your friend hanging outside. It's an asshole move and I have 100% been on the other side. It wasn't a bar scenario, but still a shitty way to find out you aren't actually friends.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
No of course not don't ditch your friend or friends who literally went out with you. Now if they're always an ahole and got into like fights with people all the time and got kicked out all the time, that's different but then you should've stopped going out with them. Just find a new place for the night, if you really want to check out that bar come back another time.

Masoyama

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I had a roomate denied entry to a bar because his Indian drivers license looked fake as fuck compared to Western ones. I just told him that I would see him at home and went it *shrug*

squall23

Oct 25, 2017
If the plan was to go to a bar and my friend was denied, what exactly is the point of going in?

Drain You

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Connecticut
There are so many variables here.

First off usually I'm going to stick with my friend, don't care if its a group or just one person. Usually even if they are in the wrong.

but...some of my friends are assholes and if they are pissing me off and deserve it fuck em I'm going in. haha.

Oct 26, 2017
Appalachia
Is this a joke?

Who the fuck would ditch a friend to go into a bar?
I live in a college town and lots of people ditch their friends - because they're going out to be part of the bar scene, not to have a good time with their buddies.

I go out with my friends to be with my friends, so I wouldn't ditch them just to be around a bunch of drunk strangers. If I were out and happened to fall in with a group of friends who also were conveniently out at the same time, that's a different story. But I feel like that's not the same. Our bar scene is small (hell this town is super small) so there tends to be a bit of hopping between groups of people you bump into as the night progresses if you're out just to be out. There isn't a similar expectation like I'd say there is if you deliberately went out with some friends to get a few drinks with them, and a friend was denied entry.

but...some of my friends are assholes and if they are pissing me off and deserve it fuck em I'm going in. haha.
Yeah the way the OP was worded kinda implied the friend or friends in question might be assholes. In that case I'd go do my own thing and probably not go out to a bar with them again.

lacer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
are you posting this solo from a bar by any chance?

Nappuccino

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Uh, don't go in.

I'm trying to think of a good reason to ditch someone with whom you planned to go to a bar.

plain

Oct 27, 2017
Every so often we would have someone in our group that don't meet the dress code requirements at the club. No big deal, we always had backup spots.

TrueSloth

Oct 27, 2017
This happened to me recently. A couple friends came visiting from out of town and one of them accidentally left her wallet at at my place. We traveled far out of the way to this one bar that asked her to leave because she couldn't provide an ID.
So we went back home.

It would be a Dickish thing to leave her outside while the rest of us remained to drink.

Whoever ditches someone is clearly not a friend.

Deleted member 1476

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
In the past, yeah, I would leave.

Nowadays, knowing that I usually book my shit in advance, so if I don't go in I would be losing money? Nah, I'm going in.

People will screw you sooner or later, so I'm not taking any chances. I've had this situation happen with me from both sides, when it happened with me it was because the bouncer didn't like my ID (older model, but still valid), so I told everyone to just go inside and that I would deal with it. I dealt by going somewhere else (need to say that I eventually went back to that other place another day and had zero problems with the same ID). When it happened with one of my friends it was because of the dress code, and they said to me to go in so I went.

Last edited:

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
Probably just go to another bar. If it's just two of us and they're denied at multiple places for being black out or something I'd ditch since they need to go home anyway.

haven't been in that situation since like college though. My friends - guys and girls - keep their shit together and living in the DC area you don't forget your fucking ID when you go out, so this isn't really a scenario we'd face.

In the past, yeah, I would leave.

Nowadays, knowing that I usually book my shit in advance, so if I don't go in I would be losing money? Nah, I'm going in.

People will screw you sooner or later, so I'm not taking any chances.

Book in advance? The hell kinds of bars are these?

Vaco6121

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Near Rochester, MN
Normally I ditch them, but that is because 99% of the time its because they were denied because they didn't bring their ID with which at that point they deserve it, like we are going to the bar, you know they check ID's why in the hell didn't you bring it? For 1% other times I just go to a different bar with them.

ElephantShell

Oct 25, 2017
I absolutely do not want to got to a bar by myself so no. Hell I don't want to go to a bar period most of the time but definitely not by myself.

In a bigger group still probably not. It's not like there's one bar in the world we'd just go somewhere else.

tommy7154

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I dont go to bars but all this is gross to me. A fucking dress code. To go get drunk? Same deal with golf. Shit is weird and elitist to me.

And i would never leave a friend like that. Crazy question to me.

Kwigo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Friends come and go, bars are for life. Always go with the bar.

Who would ditch a friend to go to a bar?

Drain You

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Connecticut
Yeah the way the OP was worded kinda implied the friend or friends in question might be assholes. In that case I'd go do my own thing and probably not go out to a bar with them again.

Yup, like if someone I'm with is being disrespectful for staff or people working somewhere, nah I'm good. I feel like everyone is assuming OP is just a friend ditching asshole.

Plywood

Does not approve of this tag
Oct 25, 2017
Are they really your friends if you don't want to hang out with them?