• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

AlexBasch

Oct 27, 2017
Having a huge and endless backlog means that sometimes you fall back into replaying old stuff before trying out something new. Turns out that sometimes you remember something great about a series and decide to play most games of that genre/franchise.

For example, around november I was oddly obsessed about Mortal Kombat after playing XL for a bit, so I pretty much played the Arcade Trilogy and reinstalled 9 in my Vita.
One month later I decided to play through the entire Gears of War series, and it was a very fun throwback to these years.

Now with the PS sale I nabbed MGS3 for the Vita, so I felt like going through MGS1 and played a bit of V last night, even in the fun online mode that I ignored for so long.

So, is there a game series/genre/whatever that becomes your "flavour" or "preference" for a month? Like going through a whole series of games or playing a lot of fighting games? Hope I wasn't too confusing with all of this, haha.

Ikon

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah from time to time, but it is also because of my backlog that this happens. For some recent-ish examples: At the moment I'm stuck playing horror games, in November it was indies on Steam, and in January of last year it was Xbox 360 games.

I find it helps to go through this list if I keep a theme and get done with most games that belong to certain genre or platform.

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
I had a retro-ish survival horror period in the middle of 2017. Played through Resident Evil 0, 1, Veronica, 4, 5 and 6 plus Silent Hill 1-3 during maybe two months with not so much in between. Many good childhood memories revisited. I also went back to some Xbox 360 shmups last year, also probably during about two months. Tried to finally git gud at some and go for some achievements I never did back in the day.

OP
OP
AlexBasch

AlexBasch

Oct 27, 2017
Wish I could do a "horror theme" going, but I don't have access to a PS2 right now and I'm sure as hell not playing that stupid Silent Hill remaster for the PS3/XBO. :(

But still, it's a great idea to do in the next few months, I'd love to replay even Homecoming. :P

ArmsofSleep

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Washington DC
I jump around a lot but I do gravitate towards certain time periods. After going through a Persona/Nier/RE7/Yakuza 2017 catchup marathon, I'm currently going through a bunch of older PS3 games I either haven't played or haven't played in a long time. OG Nier, Demon's Souls, Red Dead Redemption, Valkyria Chronicles, Burnout Paradise, etc. It's been a ton of fun. Sadly I still have a massive 2017 backlog I won't get to.

Selerulf

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
This month I'll be focused in fighting games.
This is an amazing month for fighting games fans with SFV AE, Dragon Ball Fighterz and Dissidia comming out.
There's also the Kickstarter for Cerebrawl (2v2 4 players fighting game) coming this month.

Deleted member 16025

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Last year I spent a lot of time making videos for my YouTube channel where I went back and played a lot of old stuff from when I was a teenager.

Sega CD:
-Mortal Kombat
-Lords of Thunder
-Lethal Enforcers

Atari Jaguar:
-Wolfenstein 3D
-Alien vs Predator
-Raiden
-Kasumi Ninja
-Tempest 2000

I did more than that, but those are what I remember off the top of my head. I fooled myself for a little while into thinking I was more of a retro gamer than a modern gamer, but then I got back into modern stuff and now I can't stop fucking playing PUBG on X1X.

Anyway, here is my channel if anyone care to check it out: https://www.youtube.com/user/unoillnino I haven't done a video in a while now, but I plan to get back into it soon.