• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Aerogamer

Oct 25, 2017
So now that 2017 is coming to an end, let's looks at what our favorite moment/s were so far this year. It can be anything that you look fondly back on.

For me:

- Traveling through Europe
- Vegas Bachelor's Party
- BOTW and Switch launch

Oct 26, 2017
- Seeing Eddie Vedder live in Berlin (and bringing my mom)
- Seeing Bad Religion live
- Getting to work with Per Gessle (of Roxette fame)
- Maybe meeting the girl Im off to see Zodiac with right now

Sp3ratus

Oct 27, 2017
- Experiencing Mardi Gras in New Orleans. Been a dream of mine for years, that finally came through back in February
- Getting more responsibility and more interesting stuff to do at work

Been a pretty good year personally, all in all.

Taurus Silver

Big ol' Nerd
Oct 29, 2017
My wife's birthday is always a speial day for me. Lots of alcohol and "cuddling".

Monday October 30th was a pretty great day.

Watching my son in a school math competition back in April was really great. He didn't win but I was a loud, proud father.

bjork

Oct 27, 2017
- Going to Seattle in late September to visit a good friend
- Getting home and booking another Seattle trip for Halloween week
- Going to Seattle for Halloween week to visit a good friend

The first six months of this year were pretty subpar, but from late July or so going forward, not too shabby.

Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Road trip in Western USA

Meeting a great girl at a party last weekend and having sex all weekend

Making progress in my research, including finally publishing 1-2 papers

Overall, this year turned out a lot better than I thought it would at the start

Rad Bandolar

Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
I went to the Star Trek convention in Vegas this year and met a lot of really cool people. Living in SoCal means pretty much every day is a good day, but I need to get to the beaches more.

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
-9 years of marriage with my wife
-Twin Peaks The Return. Just absolutely incredible.
-Nintendo Switch (BOTW and Odyssey in particular)
-Stranger Things 2
-Getting a promotion at work when I desperately needed one
-Seeing some friends from college I hadn't seen in almost 10 years
-Finally putting a privacy fence up in our backyard...and using it to the fullest ;)

Mii

Oct 25, 2017
Got married

Went to French Polynesia for honeymoon and ended it with Disneyland.

Managed two live transactions at work.

Other than Trump, it's been a good year

Oct 27, 2017
-My dog shitting tons of blood all over my floor and almost dying (and spending $2000 on vet bills, which was worth it, don't get me wrong)
-My house getting rekt by a broken water hose and flooding it, ruining half of the flooring (thank you Home Insurance)
-My uncle getting stage 3 lung cancer a couple of months after my aunt barely survives a major stroke
-Tree falling on house, destroying my fence and kitchen (thank you again Home Insurance)
-One of my best friends turning out to be a pedophile
-Mario Odyssey and Evil Within 2 coming out within a couple of weeks of each other and being fucking amazing

Yeah, it hasn't been the best year, hahaha. But luckily, my wife is amazing and our relationship is as strong as ever, which has made this whole awful year tolerable.

Deleted member 8861

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
-Went to Haarlem again after being there once in 2015. I missed the place. I want to live there someday when I have no more worries or responsibilities.
- Coached at a summer camp again this year, was an amazing experience.
- Played through most of Persona 5 at sleepovers since I don't have a PS4 of my own.
- Aced a couple standardized tests.
- Had my 18th birthday party- first birthday party in memory with pretty much all of my closest friends attending.

billiam

Oct 28, 2017
Looking back was a good year, at first seeing the question I was like, umm...

Hawaii with family for 2 weeks
Wife pregnant with 1st
Offered and accepted a new job, like a dream job
Bought new house, moving to new/better area
Worked almost 3 months straight, hey it's a memory

OP
OP
Aerogamer

Aerogamer

Oct 25, 2017
Looking back was a good year, at first seeing the question I was like, umm...

Hawaii with family for 2 weeks
Wife pregnant with 1st
Offered and accepted a new job, like a dream job
Bought new house, moving to new/better area
Worked almost 3 months straight, hey it's a memory

That is a crazy good year, Congratz!

Deleted member 15447

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
- Meeting my girlfriend and everything just working so effortlessly.
- Holiday to Whitsunday Islands (Australia). Paradise on earth.
- A general 'positive outlook on life' I've gotten on board with which has made everything in my life happy, fun, amazing and any negatives barely noteworthy.
- My 4K/3D/HDR OLED tv has enhanced my favourite indoor hobbies (movies and games) to a level I never imagined.
- Being a 70s kid and growing up with 90s music, seeing Salt n Pepa, Vanilla Ice; Tone Loc, Young MC, Coolio in their 90s reunion concert and meeting them as well.

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017
I had a septoplasty over the summer and can finally breathe out of both nostrils.

Borshay

Oct 27, 2017
Wisconsin
+ Bought first home with my GF.
+ Got two kitties that are dorks.
+ Assassins Creed, Danganronpa, and Netherrealm Studios all released good to great games this year. (My favorite devs/franchises)

Oct 25, 2017
John-Travolta-Vincent-Vega-Pulp-Fiction-Tiempos-Violentos-gif%2Btransparente.gif

HylianTom

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans
My husband, dog, and I went to Tennessee in August for the total eclipse. I'm almost 40, and this is the first one I've seen in totality in my lifetime. That was a fantastic day, and we've already agreed to travel to the one in Central Texas in 2024.

Breath of the Wild and Super Mario Odyssey, and just Nintendo in general. It's provided a valuable vessel of escaping while the real world is depressing.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Well it covers late-2016 to summer 2017 but : studying in Japan and meeting incredible people.
Taught a lot about myself. Helped me discover some new, positive things about me that I didn't suspect.
Went to a lot of memorable concerts during this period of time too.

Fritz

Oct 26, 2017
Meating the girl of my dreams this is potentially the best year of my life

Kraid

Oct 25, 2017
Cuck Zone
- Switch, and more specifically Splatoon 2
- I got a new job that will help my partner and I in a lot of ways
- My partner and I got to three cons this year, and new job should mean we get back to AX next year
- I No Fuckin Baby lit the hookah after he got pulled over, what a fucking legend

Wetwork

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Colorado
Getting a promotion. Buying my first new car. Building a computer. Getting my passport and buying my ticket to Japan

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
- Blade Runner 2049 actually being awesome

- PSVR & Switch launches

- Interviewing Burt Ward

- Kurt Angle coming back

- Visited Estonia and Finland

Wollan

Mostly Positive
Oct 25, 2017
Norway but living in France
- Spent a month in California, my first visit state-side. Rented a car and went through: San Francisco, Silicon Valley area, Napa Valley, Yosemite, Sequoia, San Diego, LA & E3.
- 'Up Helly Aa' festival in Shetland where we burned a viking ship in raging winter storms.
- Moved from Scotland to France and it went smoothly w/nice apartment & car in no time.
- Played more videogames than in recent years. A barrage of great ones all the way from January. In general it feels like we're living in a golden era in entertainment including TV & Cinema.
- Finding a sporting activity the wife has a passion for in indoor-climbing so we go regularly.
- ResetEra feels like a next-gen forum hangout yet full of familiar faces.

LionPride

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Getting to college after starting the process of cutting out a lot of toxic people from my life

Deleted member 1759

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Europe
- after two internships I got an offer to be part of a project as a working student during summer; super interesting, I was able to grow my network, and they paid me well
- GF moved in
- still smoke-free
- gonna spend NYE in Madeira

JDSN

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Gf moved in
Getting in a great medical residency.
Start bulding the foundations of the rest of my life.
Being kinder to others.
Also, AMAZON GAVE ME A FREE SWITCH!

Hell of a great year, the last few have sucked so im still surprised I turned things around with a little luck and a lot of consistency.

CableTime

Oct 25, 2017
Having my daughter born in September. Was probably one of the shittiest years I've ever had. It was problem after problem...And then she was born, and it all melted away. She made up for it all, and I'm truly happy now.

Oct 27, 2017
2017 has unequivocally sucked for me. But I did go to a wedding at a medieval chateau in France that was fucking amazing. Getting back into the dating game has been...interesting at least. Other than that, total waste of time.

NESpowerhouse

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
- Playing Persona 5
- Finally getting an apartment on-campus
- Fixing up the yard at my house over the summer
- Arriving back in Rochester for my third year of college. I began listening to the Nier Automata soundtrack all the way through around the beginning of the ride, and I reached the credits music almost as soon as I got back into the city along with seeing one of the most beautiful sunsets I've ever seen.
- Purchasing my first 4K TV

- Watching a SHIT-TON of anime.

Overall though, this year has been very bog-standard. I still feel like shit, and I'm going to die alone.