• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

dark_prinny

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
New car and one secret that is making me equally happy and miserable

lol

laoni

Oct 25, 2017
- Going into remission again after cancer coming back for round 2
- Going to PAX Aus
- Going to see my family (Technically not till christmas, but, organising it is exciting).
- Having (and conquering) my first cold since transplant without needing extra medical assistance
- I lived! (bitch)

The majority of my year was taken up by treatment, which is a pretty shit time, and then recovery, so I've really only had like, October onwards to myself.

Raein

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
  • Trip to Croatia and Italy
  • Paying off my student loans 3.5 years after graduating / becoming debt free
  • Getting two raises totaling a 12% increase in income
  • Blade Runner 2049
Eventful year. Some bad stuff recently too, like my wife having a very shitty case of appendicitis, but on the whole it's been a pretty good year.

OP
OP
Aerogamer

Aerogamer

Oct 25, 2017
- Going into remission again after cancer coming back for round 2
- Going to PAX Aus
- Going to see my family (Technically not till christmas, but, organising it is exciting).
- Having (and conquering) my first cold since transplant without needing extra medical assistance
- I lived! (bitch)

The majority of my year was taken up by treatment, which is a pretty shit time, and then recovery, so I've really only had like, October onwards to myself.

Awesome! So happy for you.

• Trip to Croatia and Italy
  • Paying off my student loans 3.5 years after graduating / becoming debt free
  • Getting two raises totaling a 12% increase in income
  • Blade Runner 2049
Eventful year. Some bad stuff recently too, like my wife having a very shitty case of appendicitis, but on the whole it's been a pretty good year.

Italy is amazing, have never been to Croatia. Getting out of debt is so liberating.

Raein

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Awesome! So happy for you.

Italy is amazing, have never been to Croatia. Getting out of debt is so liberating.

We went to Dubrovnik and the surrounding area this time, but I've also been to some of the "party" islands like Krk and Pag. It has gotten a bit more expensive than it was when my parents took me in the 00s, but it's still dirt cheap. We rented an apartment for $85/night with a kitchen, living room, bathroom with a washer, and giant balcony, and it was only 3 miles from the old town. I don't think it's worth staying more than a few days because you can very easily do the entire area in 3-4 days.

OP
OP
Aerogamer

Aerogamer

Oct 25, 2017
We went to Dubrovnik and the surrounding area this time, but I've also been to some of the "party" islands like Krk and Pag. It has gotten a bit more expensive than it was when my parents took me in the 00s, but it's still dirt cheap. We rented an apartment for $85/night with a kitchen, living room, bathroom with a washer, and giant balcony, and it was only 3 miles from the old town. I don't think it's worth staying more than a few days because you can very easily do the entire area in 3-4 days.

I see, I looked up some images and Dubrovnik looks amazing, definitely a place I want to visit.

Yazuka

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
- Nintendo Switch.
- Both a Tales of game and a Xenoblade game the same year.
- Getting a promotion and more stuff to do at work.
- Not being as depressed as I've been in the past.
- Went on my first date ever. (We didn't click...)
- Still having problems with kidneystones (Seriously fuck them)
- I've played more games this year than probably any other year. It feels really great.

I think that's about it. Nothing really big has happened in my Life this year.
So yeah, these are more or less the highlights...

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
It's been an amazing year for me. Probably the best year ever yet.

- a new life of free from installments
- a new apartment
- a new (used) car
- a new gaming PC
- amazing year for RPGs
- started a new 15-minutes jogging routine (almost every day)

I couldn't ask for more. Thank God.

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
Living a childhood dream and going through The Crystal Maze.

Visiting Vancouver for ten days for my best friend's wedding.

Spending two days at Alton Towers for the excellent scare fest stuff.

BOTW and Mario Odyssey.

Mingoguaya

Oct 30, 2017
Can it be a negative highlight? If so, Hurricane María it is. Being on a blackout for 45+ days now and not having running water for 37 days changed my perspective in a lot of things and showed me how the basic stuff is what really matters in life.

Superking

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm...let's see.

- finally got my bachelor's degree
- went to Sequoia National Park for the first time
- went to San Diego for the first time
- went to Sacramento for the first time (this one's not really one to brag about tho)
- had an amazing stint at a major T.V. station for the first half of the year

Oh, and I got one of my tweets "liked" by the legendary Mark Hamill.

So all in all...not that bad. Still had quite a few problems, though.

Mr. Molotov

Oct 29, 2017
Going to Japan and visiting a lot of cool places like Owls cafes, TGS and Eorzea Cafe.

I think that's about it for 2017 ; ;

Typhon

Oct 25, 2017
Went to cousins wedding in The Rocky Mountains
Spent a week in Dallas to see family and attend a convention (I think you can guess what type)
Bought a PSVR

Peek-a-boo!

Oct 30, 2017
Woodbridge
Can it be a negative highlight? If so, Hurricane María it is.

Being on a blackout for 45+ days now and not having running water for 37 days changed my perspective in a lot of things, and showed me how the basic stuff is what really matters in life.

Blimey... reading these words certainly puts things into perspective. I thoroughly hope that your current plight swiftly brightens for you and your family in the foreseeable future.

It's been a pretty good year for me:
  • Almost four years after wallowing about the break up with my childhood sweetheart, I met someone who has brightened my life quite considerably, and things are going very, very well indeed.
  • A new job as a teacher assistant at a special needs school.
  • A new 'volcanic orange' Mini after my old Mini kept conking out from time to time.
  • Rekindled my love for LEGO! My wallet doesn't particularly like it though...
  • Hopped onto an aeroplane to Monte Carlo and Rome to watch tennis.
  • Christmas is going to be amazing this year with a long overdue family gathering!
Outside of politics, I am chuffed to bits about 2017.

Oct 26, 2017
- Being able to bring my newborn son home in September after he did not breath for the first nine minutes of his life and thinking he was dead.
- Home Insurance helped me nab some new siding and a new shower. Possibly new Flooring too.
- Gaming has been great. Also got a 4K tv
- My other two kids are just awesome. One made honor roll.
- I took a risk and went to work for myself three years ago. I remember living 2014 by the second wondering what I was thinking and making no money. This year I finally had a year where I not only paid bills but made more money than the high paying job I left to become self employed.

Lari

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
- starting my own company and seeing it's first small victories
- rekindling friendship with a few friends
- buying a super nintendo classic
- meeting my current SO
- saw a turtle while on a hike once <3
- positively impacting one of my friend's lives with actual good advice
- seeing/hearing a LOT of women I know talking about the #metoo campaign and sharing their stories (not a positive thing per se, but hopefully with a positive outcome)

Vern

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This whole year has been a whirlwind:

- on red carpet at Cannes
- partied with billionaires
- around the world a couple times
- starring in a feature length documentary that will debut at Sydney Film Festival next year
- met a bunch of famous people, most recently, Jimmy Choo.
- biggest highlight though, is this is just a preview... next year is gonna be bigger and better.