• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Your home may only have either chairs or couches, which do you pick?

• Chairs

Votes: 108 31.8%
  • Couches

Votes: 232 68.2%

• Total voters

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
Chairs are needed for the dining table and my desk.

I'll just put a bed in my living room instead of a couch :P

Masoyama

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
We should just go back to eating on tricliniums like proper civilized species.

lastsup_066252c8-89cd-4a35-bb4e-fc4ad20deed6_grande.jpeg

Felt

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Couches. Don't even have chairs in my apartment except for the desk but that can easily adapt to a solo sofa

SABO.

Nov 6, 2017
This thread has made me think about how weird the words "Chair" and "Couch" are

Chair.

Wtf.

DaciaJC

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I use a rocking chair at my computer desk, works great. I don't remember the last time I've sat on a couch at home.

Addleburg

The Fallen
Nov 16, 2017
Couches, easily.

You can eat dinner on a couch as long as you have a coffee table in front of you. You can use your laptop on a couch, although it's less ideal than a chair.

A chair is only better for long term computer use and formal dinners IMO.

Koo

Dec 10, 2017
If you get plush square-ish chairs with no arms you can basically form a couch from them.

Chairs are very multipurpose.

Menome

Oct 25, 2017
I've currently survived the past two years without a couch, so my choice is easy.

robox

Nov 10, 2017
i want to say couch, but i've lived with only chairs before, and never only couches

Cascadero

Nov 8, 2017
I must have my couch to sit down on after work. A chair won't do. Plus a couch is better when you have cats.

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
It took 15 years before my cousin decided to finally replace his couch after it broke. He used chairs for years and even lawn furniture. Sitting in that was some of the most uncomfortable shit ever.

navii

Oct 28, 2017
do you mean chair as in an arm chair? either way I'm taking the couch, no question.

The Grizz

Oct 27, 2017
Why settle for one when you can get a sectional that has recliners, couches, cup holders, etc.? I was always against them because I thought they were ugly, but bit the bullet when I realized it fit my new living room's space perfectly.

Pbae

Oct 26, 2017
Chairs can be arranged for a multitude of activities and gatherings.

I'm also afraid of intimicy

Oct 27, 2017
I spend more time on couches, but an office chair is a must. Getting rid of couches would give me an excuse to get one of those Herman Miller lounge chairs that look so comfy.

Oct 25, 2017
Chairs are more versatile, plus I'd need chairs for the dining table and the kitchen so I picked that but really nice couches really make a room.

AndyD

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 27, 2017
Nashville
Couches for sure. You can get more upright couches for dining rooms, like a cross between a bench and a couch.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Couches you lunatics.

This is like the comfort equivalent of a Taco Bell dysentery thread.

Why can't you be normal?

Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR
I have no Earthly idea how one would use a computer comfortably from a couch, so chairs win by default. I'd have to get one of those sets of attached recliners to replace my sectional sofa, but I could live with that.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
That depends on the chair. Can I get one of those couch-like chairs?

If you mean a wooden or computer chair you'd look like a crazy person sitting in front of the tv

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
Chairs. I don't do keyboard/mouse gaming on a couch.

Couches are comfy, yes. But my bed is already incredibly comfy.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Couches, easily. I just moved a couple of weeks ago and don't have a couch yet but plenty of chairs and my bed. It is not comfortable at all when trying to unwind from a day of work by watching TV sitting in a chair, lying down in bed, or sitting/lying on the floor. Playing video games is even worse since you need to pay more attention to the TV.