• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SimpleCRIPPLE

Oct 28, 2017
The confirmation / cancel buttons being reversed Darks Souls on Switch. Ain't got time to F around w/ that muscle memory.

mhayes86

Oct 27, 2017
Maryland
Stopped Persona 5 even after 60ish hours because I didn't like any of the characters. I kept plodding along feeling obligated to continue playing after so much time, but eventually just forced myself to stop. It's a shame since the game was so good, but half of the enjoyment is the character interactions and I just didn't care for any of them compared to P3 or P4.

SimpleCRIPPLE

Oct 28, 2017
Enter the Gungeon- After 3 hours "I'm making zero progress, rooms keep changing for no reason, not having fun. I've gained and learned nothing. What is this shit?", proceed to google and learn about rogue-likes, delete

Dead Cells- After 3 minutes, "oh it's a rogue-like?" delete

Flinthook- After 30 seconds, "oh it's a rogue-like", delete.

Moonlighter- Before I start the game "oh it's a rogue-like", delete

I'm with you on this. I just need to accept that "rogue-likes" aren't for me and stop buying them.

Only a temporary example but I loaded up Splatoon 2 for a quick game yesterday after not playing for a few months but turned it off again after 2 minutes of fastforwarding Pearl and Marinas announcements. I just got irrationally impatient and annoyed with it for delaying me from starting the game. Someone will probably tell me there's a way to skip it now, lol.

There's not. It's stupid.

Liquidsnake

Oct 27, 2017
Red Dead 2, after dying im just like you know what, I am not doing this again. bounced in the middle of chapter 2, and can't get back in it. I have tried several times to get back in it, but I just can't.

jacks81x

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NYC
AC: Odyssey. I hate when enemy scales with you. It makes me feel like all of my progress and grinding were meaningless.

Ultron

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I stopped playing Below because I accidentally fired all my arrows in the first 5 minutes while trying to figure out the controls. I realize this probably isn't a big deal but also it annoyed me.

The fact that it was free from Game Pass certainly lessened my commitment to it. I've certainly stopped playing other Game Pass games for similarly inane reason. Like I played ReCore a bit, realized it superficially reminded me of Horizon: Zero Dawn which I'd never beaten, and just went and played that instead.

HououinKyouma

The Wise Ones
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The music in Dragon Quest XI. Lowering/muting it is an option, but a JRPG without good music is unplayable for me, I'm realizing.

Maybe I'll try again next year. The game is beautiful and definitely provides some jolly vibes.

Last edited:

Garrod Ran

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 23, 2018
I lost all interest in smt4A after learning the MC wasn't a petite punk girl. Really killed my vibe

Oct 27, 2017
the first time the main character started talking about the power of friendship in Xenoblade Chronicles 2, i removed the game from my switch and promptly returned it -- i just became irrationally angry and couldn't force myself to start playing again, it didn't help that the combat was a cluttered mess

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
the first time the main character started talking about the power of friendship in Xenoblade Chronicles 2, i removed the game from my switch and promptly returned it -- i just became irrationally angry and couldn't force myself to start playing again, it didn't help that the combat was a cluttered mess

God, that must've been like 20 minutes into the game.

I remember the first time I heard him yell "WE'LL BEAT THEM WITH THE POWER OF FRIENDSHIP" and I was just aghast. Like, that shit is a meme, a total joke, and they have him come right out and say it at the beginning of battles without a hint of self-awareness. Woof.

vatstep

Oct 25, 2017
I stopped playing Pac-Man CE on Xbox 360 after like an hour because the screen was basically off-center. Like, there was a big black bar at the top of the screen that made no sense. It annoyed the shit out of me.

Foto+Pac-Man+Championship+Edition+%28Xbox+Live+Arcade%29.jpg

Dec 14, 2017
Darkest Dungeon on Switch. I tried it figure out the UI and interface and...nope.

Back and forth and back and forth just trying to figure out how to outfit my characters and nothing makes sense.

Removed the cart. I won't ever play anything the developer makes now.

Similar thing with Golf Story. Couldn't figure out how to just free hit a ball or hit a ball that's on the ground after a bazillion tries. Won't ever play anything the developer makes.

This shit should be intuitive and when it isn't, I have no patience. More than that, I lose all confidence in the developer.

Valdega

Banned
Sep 7, 2018
I might have rage quit AC Odyssey once when not only did the game glitch a bit but also random NPCs and animals like chickens were attacking and doing damage.

I don't think that's a bug. If you ever start a fight with NPCs around, some of the NPCs (including chickens) will attack you. This includes fights that were started by the mission scripting too.

En-ou

Oct 27, 2017
Pixelart games
There's just so much of them
Everyone and their grandpa are making pixelart games

Akita One

Oct 30, 2017
Literally every 3rd person cover based shooter...the basic gameplay, and especially the AI, hasn't improved any since the first Splinter Cell game. I've tried so many times and failed to get very far because they are so boring.

Though it is first person, I'd lump Dishonored in this category as well.

Deleted member 13645

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There was an MMO (it may have been Rift?) where there was no shuffle animation when your character would turn on the spot. They would just slide in place to the new direction. I hated it, it made the character feel super detached from the world for some reason. I dropped the game because of a single, small animation that was missing.

Iceternal

Oct 28, 2017
In smash bros ultimate spirits don't have a description, so i have no motivation to collect them and so, to play the game.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Darkest Dungeon on Switch. I tried it figure out the UI and interface and...nope.

Back and forth and back and forth just trying to figure out how to outfit my characters and nothing makes sense.

Removed the cart. I won't ever play anything the developer makes now.

Similar thing with Golf Story. Couldn't figure out how to just free hit a ball or hit a ball that's on the ground after a bazillion tries. Won't ever play anything the developer makes.

This shit should be intuitive and when it isn't, I have no patience. More than that, I lose all confidence in the developer.
Darkest Dungeon has a godawful console UI, which sucks because it's a really good game on PC.

Pancho

Avenger
Nov 7, 2017
If it counts I ALMOST dropped AC Oddysey just because they didnt make an animation of the character walking/running up stairs. They do walk differently when walking up a slope but not when going up stairs. They just slide up awkwardly.

Agent 47

Banned
Jun 24, 2018
Literally every 3rd person cover based shooter...the basic gameplay, and especially the AI, hasn't improved any since the first Splinter Cell game. I've tried so many times and failed to get very far because they are so boring.

Though it is first person, I'd lump Dishonored in this category as well.

Splinter Cell and Dishonored aren't cover based shooters though, do you mean stealth games?

Jmille99

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Can being burnt out on a genre count? Because Ive had zero urge to play through any FPS game the last few years. Even games like Doom and Wolfenstein couldnt revitalize that.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I had to do a story chase in GTA IV... and for a series about stealing and driving cars, the controls were so unresponsive and unenjoyable that I couldn't power through it. Sure, GTA V has sold a bajillion copies, but GTA IV left me so disillusioned I've had zero interest in the series since.

Gilver

Banned
Nov 14, 2018
Costa Rica
I never really gave Last of Us a shot for years because of zombies and generic looking main character. Still haven't played more than 2 hours of that game, maybe not for me.

Agent 47

Banned
Jun 24, 2018
As far as the action gameplay, yes they are. You won't last 2 seconds walking around outside of cover. Stealth is not mandatory in either game.
I don't think Splinter Cell up to the later ones was meant to be played as an action shooter while Dishonored you can easily play as a full on action game if you're using your abilities properly. Either way, they're still not cover based shooters.

HOTSPUR

Oct 25, 2017
Witcher 3, going to force me to play a game of cards are we? I don't care if "it's only once" we're fucking done.

Edit: Blue Dragon.. that fucking voice.

Ni nu kuni.. I fell asleep during the intro and my lad took over and played it for 30 minutes, could never be arsed to start again to watch the intro.

Call of Duty: World at War.. first level I shot a guy in the head, felt like it was going to be that for the next 6 hours so turned it off.

Edit 2: Metal gear 5.. open world lol fuck off.

Sorry dude, but this is the bitchiest post I've ever seen lol. Tons of great games in there

Deleted member 9306

Self-requested temporary ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Hmm, not sure if this is irrational, but looking at some games literally gives me motion sickness. I don't know if it's the anti-analising or the polygons or whatever, but no matter how awesome some games are, it's like I can't look at them for too long before getting dizzy. And it sucks bc this happens to me during some games I'd otherwise really like (MGSV, for example)

Akita One

Oct 30, 2017
I don't think Splinter Cell up to the later ones was meant to be played as an action shooter while Dishonored you can easily play as a full on action game if you're using your abilities properly. Either way, they're still not cover based shooters.

I consider them to be cover shooters...any shooter where taking cover behind things put in the environment is a cover based shooter IMO. Stealth is just a side effect of being good at staying behind cover.

Are you trying to be rational in a thread about irrational reasoning? lol

Agent 47

Banned
Jun 24, 2018
I consider them to be cover shooters...any shooter where taking cover behind things put in the environment is a cover based shooter IMO. Stealth is just a side effect of being good at staying behind cover.

Are you trying to be rational in a thread about irrational reasoning? lol
I'm just trying to establish how Splinter Cell and Dishonored are cover based shooters whilst not being cover based shooters at all. I guess the new Hitman games are also cover based shooters then! This irrationality is confusing.

Akita One

Oct 30, 2017
I'm just trying to establish how Splinter Cell and Dishonored are cover based shooters whilst not being cover based shooters at all. I guess the new Hitman games are also cover based shooters then! This irrationality is confusing.

Having stealth elements doesn't make it not a cover based shooter. You are using the word stealth, I'm using cover. This isn't a thread about what is the official definitions of cover based and stealth, lol.

ItsTheShoes

Attempting to circumvent ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The blue armor vendor guy in GOW looks so shitty that I stopped playing for a month.

Akita One

Oct 30, 2017
Still, neither of those games are cover based shooters.

Wow you are really triggered by this...I already said, it's my definition, in defining irrational reasons I don't like something. Don't take it so seriously. I never claimed it was some official definition but I can change all of my posts to "I don't like 3rd person shooters" if you want.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Dishonored doesn't even have a cover system and you can easily play it as an action game lol

megachao24

Oct 25, 2017
Xenoblade X because for what reason I decided to grind to max out my affinity with the other party members before doing Chapter 9, which was a slog since I explored a massive chunk of Mira prior. Not helped with the fact that it's super easy to reach the level cap (60) once you're able to build a decent enough Skell.

Also, since I played with a female avatar, the lack of the bust slider in the Western versions of the gamekind of was a killer for me to.

Agent 47

Banned
Jun 24, 2018
Wow you are really triggered by this...I already said, it's my definition, in defining irrational reasons I don't like something. Don't take it so seriously. I never claimed it was some official definition but I can change all of my posts to "I don't like 3rd person shooters" if you want.

My irrational anger is people who mislabel stuff I guess.

Overwatch is the worst football game I've ever played.

Lagamorph

Wrong About Chicken
Oct 26, 2017
I tried playing Hellblade Senua's Sacrifice earlier today for the first time.

I was immediately put off by the boring intro dragging on way too long. Then it forced me to move at walking speed. Then it started pestering me to focus on something whilst making zero effort to tell me how, leaving to press every button on the controller until something worked.

At that point I noped out because it had a trio of annoyances immediately.

Myself

Nov 4, 2017
Anything with stupid large eyes and angsty teens with spiky hair (Looking at you JRPGs)

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
I dropped Alan Wake because the writing of the manuscript pages you would find, which were supposed to be representative a professional (if not schlocky) writer, were of a tremendously poor quality. I just can't believe there is a world where Alan Wake could be a best-selling author. I say that despite living in a world where E. L. James' success is a thing.

CandySTX

Mar 17, 2018
Scotland
Dishonoured

Enjoy all these abilities and weapons (Also, you'll get the bad ending if you kill anyone.)

Nope.

Three Witcher games I've tried. And three games I've bounced off because Geralt has a weird face and an annoying voice.

Syntrophos

Nov 25, 2018
I didn't play Skyrim for months after release on 360 after, on day of release, I was confused about the puzzle in that golden claw quest (the one where you turn the pillars to match up with the images.) I sat there for ages trying to figure it out, thinking it must be more complex than I realised, before going on the internet and finding out there was a bug that broke the puzzle. More angry at myself for playing a Beth game on day 1, but I just dropped it for a while out of irritation.