• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Fiery Phoenix

Oct 26, 2017
RDR2 is a good call. I also have to give a shoutout to Metro Exodus: it's stunning on a proper set.

Additionally, I still think Ryse looks a lot better than many games that came after it. Granted, it was a tiny and linear game.

Wise

Oct 27, 2017
Kingdom Hearts 3 for anime/jrpg/cartoony looking games

Red Dead Redemption 2, Uncharted 4 or Horizon Zero Dawn for realistic looking games

ClarkusDarkus

Oct 27, 2017
Tough because VR has made pancake TV graphics redundant personally, As in VR i get the wow moments, Going back to pancake visuals doesn't do it for me anymore no matter the resolution.

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
I would say Red Dead Redemption 2. Sometimes you'll get a look at a field of grass leading up some mountains and it looks artistic. Light sources at night can also be very beautiful.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
RDR2 has some stellar art direction, I'd say overall though, The Wolf Among Us and Dragon Ball FighterZ are the best looking games of this gen IMHO. I'm a complete sucker for games that prioritise NPR.

1527400503807.jpg

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
RDR2 from visuals to animations. Its just crazy even every NPC in the world has such good facial animations.

Dukie85

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
For me, now, KH III. The Tangled world looks absolutely incredible, and I had to pause just to look at it.

SuperSah

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Uncharted 4 and Horizon Zero Dawn are probably the most technically impressive.

However, BotW's visuals touched me in a different way. No game has ever given me an "airy, cool breezy Summer's day" vibe quite like BotW does. It's pretty remarkable, to be honest.

Timppis

Banned
Apr 27, 2018
Kingdom Hearts 3 art is what is good and pure about entertainment.

RDR2 was just beautiful in a really great way.

BOTW had a sense of grandeur and worldbuild like very few.

Gotta go with those three.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Spider-Man, KH3, Cuphead, Star Wars Battlefront, MK8D and ARMS- particularly in handheld mode for the latter 2 there.

Izzard

Banned
Sep 21, 2018
Some games for me this gen..

The Order
Battlefront
Horizon ZD
Infamous SS
Uncharted 4
RD2
Wipeout

I'm sure there's more that I can't remember right now. And out of the listed, the one game that kept taking my breath away as I played it was Horizon ZD. A remarkably good looking game.

Edgar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
RDR 2 , Uncharted 4 and Witcher 3. Have yet to play Metro Exodus

Zhukov

Banned
Dec 6, 2017
Horizon Zero Dawn I guess.

For me to stop and just look at stuff for the sake of looking is pretty rare. That game made me do it on a semi regular basis. No other game this generation has done that.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'll go with God of War, KH III, Horizon, Uncharted 4, Resident Evil 2 and Mario Odyssey.

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
Probably Ori or Cuphead. Two games that absolutely nail their aesthetic.

Mirror's Edge Catalyst certainly has its moments of beauty too.

Systolique

Oct 26, 2017
Anthem is up there, but as always there are just so many good looking games this generation...
God of War for sure, Persona 5 UI was fantastic, the atmospheric landscapes from Horizon and Witcher 3, Uncharted 4 is a technical marvel... it never ends !

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
I'm torn between Dark Souls 3 and Hollow Knight. They're both such beautiful games in completely different ways.

jem

Oct 25, 2017
Red Dead Redemption 2 is the best looking game in motion.

Forza Horizon 4 is the best looking game in photomode

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
the thing about red dead, is as good looking as that game is, it doesnt have stuff as complex in models as, say the machines in horizon zero dawn.
it looks that good because it is the most grounded game ever. another issue i have with red dead is the blurryness. really bad.

which is why i will give my vote to horizon. because horizon does a lot more things while being very close to matching RDR2 in pure graphics comprison.

Escaflow

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Out of the games I have played , Horizon Zero Dawn is up there on the technical department . Art style goes to Bloodborne .