• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

pick your favorite, cowards

• Cross

Votes: 28 8.2%
  • Cross with a little dot or gap in the middle

Votes: 133 38.8%
  • Dot

Votes: 138 40.2%
  • That little circle that's basically the dot

Votes: 31 9.0%
  • The cross but it's just three lines and the top line is gone

Votes: 13 3.8%

• Total voters

MathYou

Mar 6, 2018
Ye Olde Day of Defeat had one I've always liked:

cJKuyyR.jpg

Like the only good image of it on the internet, lol.
The little dot thing in the middle would bounce around as you moved, so you would know when your shot would be on target.
Nice, I love this game, dont hear too much about it nowadays. and i prefer the dot.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
I like the dot the most... Love how simple it is and how it doesn't get in the way of the view for when you're not shooting. Once you get the hang of it, I love RDR2's crosshair and circle reticule, where it grows in size when you first aim, and then narrows down as you line up your shot to finally pull the trigger. Took some getting used to early, but it's a nice effective feedback for how accurate your shot will be.

Shoutout to my old school CS cross hairs

gG7RntG.png

Though I'd usually make them more transparent.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The dot. Rockstar games made me fall in love with it. Unfortunately setting it to just the dot in RDR2 puts you at a disadvantage because someone at Rockstar was stupid enough to think bloom was a good idea and can only be seen with a dot surrounded by a circle option.

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
I usually just go with a dot or cross but in UT I picked the 'Predator laser sight' thing because it was cool.

Oct 30, 2017
I really like Halo 2's combining crosshairs and I always love a shotgun's crosshair which is literally nothing but a big ass circle. It's a subtle message to the player that this gun is meant to fuck shit up.

Dual-Wield-in-Halo-2-Step-5.jpg

halo-2-limited-collectors-edition-20041108012408248.jpg

giphy-downsized-large.gif

affeinvasion

Oct 26, 2017
Leaving chevron out was a mistake. Other than that I prefer the cross with a dot with the missing top (sometimes bottom)

justiceiro

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
The lack of a dot on fantasy games is why I only fps games that are shooter. Hell, even ocarina of Time was to hard to aim.

Breqesk

Oct 28, 2017
the segmented circle with another larger circle around the outside

like the DMR from Halo

Deleted member 12555

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Team dot, nothing looks better and it's the most functional. You know where your bullet will land and that's it.

Denamitea

Nov 1, 2017
I've always loved the default one from Half Life 2 and have a soft spot for crosshairs that don't move in anyway

Deleted member 2507

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Weapon specific crosshair. Tells me what i'm using and how i should be using it.
Yes, the weapon is on the screen but i tend to ignore that part and focus on the crosshair and what's there, plus occasionally i pick up weapons in middle of fights and some weapons look rather similar at a glance so weapon specific crosshairs tend to be reliable.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Cross.

My least favorite are those crosshair that change sizes all the time. Also, games, please, don't have multiple crosshairs for different guns, or at least let me configure it to just have one.
I love different crosshairs for different guns. Uncharted 4 and GTAV complex crosshairs are great.

pixxelz

Oct 30, 2017
Always go with either dot or little circle that's basically the dot, I hate everything else.

I wish more game let you customize it.

inner-G

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
PNW
Does anyone ever use the ones built into the monitor on a hardware level? I know some ppl look down on using them in competitive games

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Uncharted 4's reticle should be standard for third-person shooters.
Yeah I don't get all the people saying dots. Dots are fine if your gun is laser accurate with 0 spread and 0 recoil, that's hardly ever the case though, I like seeing the area where my shots are actually gonna land and manage recoil.

Griffith

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's not a game thing for me, it's a weapon thing. Some weapons I prefer with certain crosshairs, some weapons I prefer with others.

For example, with a rocket launcher, I prefer a cross. With an automatic rifle I prefer something smaller like a dot or a dot with a spread-out cross whose gap increases as you shoot and the bullets spread further.

With a pistol, or something similar, I prefer a dot.

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
That one you had in old games thhat is like the corner of a square, with just the bottom and right lines of a cross.

RavFiveFour

Banned
Dec 3, 2018
Some shooters went away from the dot and x, and than modern shooters have 6 or 7 different options. Crosshairs or not won't stop you from raking up streaks.