• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

"D."

Oct 30, 2017
Here's hoping they beef up PS Plus for the next Playstation. Some of the things I'd like to see them add/improve on are:

- Game sharing. This is a major one for me. Instead of having to do that "primary" console nonsense...just add a price tier for sharing. PS Plus for a year is $59 so why not add a family share plan on top of that for an additional $5 to $10 a month or subsidized and bundled into the PS Plus itself. $5 per added person on your account, and maybe make it like a 4 person max or something.

- Digital downloads of PS1, PS2 and PS3 games. I feel like PS4 will be a given. Add more games every month.

- I wouldn't mind a points system like Nintendo, frequent purchasers of physical or digital get some type of points that can go towards digital coupons or discounts that can stack with PS Plus discounts. Thinking this would encourage people to maybe buy more digital/physical just depending on which way Sony wants to go with it.

- An additional free game every month. 3 PS4 games and 1 PS5 game as the library gets more robust. OR, what would be pretty dope is if they allowed you to PICK 2 or 3 games out of a pre-selected 10-12 game pool that you can have for free for the life of your subscription...that way that'll somewhat lessen people crying about "this was a bad month" if you are given a choice. Also this might be pretty good for Sony to rein in those that don't engage in paid online/multiplayer.....it may entice those people who weren't buying PS Plus to perhaps do so if they can choose which free games they wanted.

What would you wish for?

dom

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Allow us to purchase games that we originally got with PS+.

BloodHound

Oct 27, 2017
PS Now incorporated.
The fact that it's a separate service when we have Amazon prime consolidates everything is crazy in 2019.

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
Ps plus ultra, pay 10 more a year to get access to psnow with plus and unlimited cloud storage
Media player which supports all relevant file types, 10bit, and subtitle support burned or not

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Youre not getting PS3 games. It'll be only streaming or an actual remake of a PS3 game.

DavidDesu

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
Well a PlayStation version of Gamepass bundled in with PS plus would be nice.

Maybe online storage options so you can pay a couple of quid extra to boost your online storage, with tiered pricing for larger sizes. Let you upload video clips and pictures like a cloud service using your extra data to free up your SSD.

Deleted member 13645

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Unlimited cloud storage for saves, or at least vastly more. That's only the real major one beyond free multiplayer -- but I don't think they'd do that.

Oct 27, 2017
Somewhere South
Not specifically tied to PS Plus, but I just want a way to have and play my PS1 and PS2 games on the PS5. Just let me buy those games, I'll rebuy all of them. Again. For the third time. I don't fucking care.

If you can give me enhanced emulation (1080p or 4K internal rendering, PGXP, higher bit depth, etc), even better.

Ænima

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Talking about wishlist, i actually want them to add a wishlist to the PS Store. Similar to the one from Steam, where you add games to the wishlist and get notifications when they go on sale.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Save games to the cloud automatically so I can seamlessly play the same file on two different consoles

iceblade

Oct 25, 2017
I'd like a GamePass type addition to the service, or failing that, integrating PS Now. That and increasing the amount of games, or (better yet) making a "pool" of games that you can pick from (like mentioned in the OP) would be good ways of making the service a more compelling one. I don't think they'd go as far as dropping the requirement for paid multiplayer though given it makes them money without (presumably) too much extra effort.

Unlimited cloud storage for saves, or at least vastly more. That's only the real major one beyond free multiplayer -- but I don't think they'd do that.

They did recently boost the storage from 10GB to 100GB?

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
Make the wishlist that you can put together on the website actually viewable and usable in the in-game store

PS3 digital purchases now in library and playable

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
While I don't think we will get free multiplayer, it would be nice to not lock PS+ games to only the month it comes out. They should be part of a growing library, not a "get it this month or you are SOL"

BradGrenz

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
PS Now incorporated.
The fact that it's a separate service when we have Amazon prime consolidates everything is crazy in 2019.

Amazon doesn't give you their full music or kindle book services with Prime. Amazon Prime is also designed primarily to induce you to make more purchases through them at the foundation of the financial calculous.

FFWarrior005

Alt account
Banned
Jul 13, 2019
  1. More free games
  2. Include PS Now with PS Plus
  3. Add the wish list feature to the console store and expand it beyond the current 100 limit
  4. Play time tracker for all games
  5. Ability to Gift Games and other content
  6. Add some kind of monthly friend trophy leaderboard like the achievement leaderboard on Xbox
These don't have to just be PS+ features but features I'd like to see in any form on PS5.

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
None of the DLC is unlock tied to account bullshit that stops other account on the same console using the DLC.

Let two consoles use same account without one needing be always online.

Keep the recent activity for friends/people you follow, but have trophies earned turned off by default, right now is just a shit list of a load of people getting bronze trophies nobody cares about, and share screenshot or videos require too much scrolling to find.

Edit - guess these not really ps+ things but whatever.

Toni

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Orlando, Florida
1. Unlimited Warranty on PS5 consoles as long as you're subscribed
2. Exclusive themes, Avatars and in-game DLC items for PlayStation Exclusives as long as you're a member
3. 24 hour Store download access to high profile third party games and exclusive games for Plus memberships
4. 4k and 60 /120 fps options for watching videos on the Store and full movies
5. Refunds, Gifting
6. Being able to "Favorite" your favorite games on the Store and get updates when new Videos, Pictures, Stories, Trivia, etc, are added to your Favorited games on the Store page. So you can keep in touch with them through the PSN ecosystem rather than going on Google Search to keep in touch with them. Give us incentives to use the PStore for other uses rather than it being a system you pay attention to when you want to purchase something. Google Playstore does this extremely well.
7. PlayStation Rating system on the Store. 1 to 5 Stars along with professional Critics (Metacritic, etc.) and User Scores
8. Add Top user comments for Games, DLC, Movies, Avatars, Dynamic Themes, etc.
9. Make Voice commands better for finding things on PSN.

i-Jest

Oct 25, 2017
Allow us to purchase games that we originally got with PS+.
Talking about wishlist, i actually want them to add a wishlist to the PS Store. Similar to the one from Steam, where you add games to the wishlist and get notifications when they go on sale.
Gifting on top of what's already been mentioned.
More discounted items each month.

All of this plus PS Now fully integrated.

LonestarZues

Oct 27, 2017
I wouldn't mind a points system like Nintendo, frequent purchasers of physical or digital get some type of points that can go towards digital coupons or discounts that can stack with PS Plus discounts. Thinking this would encourage people to maybe buy more digital/physical just depending on which way Sony wants to go with it.

Great list although they already offer something similar to what you're describing. Sony Rewards. I usually convert 1000 points every month or 2 and get a $10 PSN card from it. They could offer more sales that give double or triple points though.

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
I think it'd be cool if there were 4 free games each month, with each being from one of the previous consoles with trophy support (a PS1, PS2, PS3, & PS4 game).

Oct 25, 2017
The only way free online will happen is if Microsoft gets desperate for market share and decides to get rid of the Xbox Live Gold requirement for online, which causes everyone else to do it. Even Nintendo is doing this shit now, there's no going back.

That said, this thread is a bit pointless because of that online requirement. Sony does not need to listen to any concerns and they don't need to care about your wishes. You want to use your internet connection on a Playstation? You must pay for Plus. There is no need for Sony to make Plus attractive because it's forced on you.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
Better games or remove them altogether and just give me way better discounts. Make PS Plus separate from paid online and offer them cheaper individually while creating a new tier that includes both plus ps now.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
90% of the stuff on this thread has nothing to do with ps plus and just shows how crappy the PlayStation Store is. Sony needs an entire overhaul of the backend system. Leave the ps3 and vita intact how they are and even the ps4 if need be but I doubt they'd have to. Then rebuild for the next system, ps4, and if there is a god Vita 2

Melchiah

Oct 26, 2017
Helsinki, Finland
  1. More free games
  2. Include PS Now with PS Plus
  3. Add the wish list feature to the console store and expand it beyond the current 100 limit
  4. Play time tracker for all games
  5. Ability to Gift Games and other content
  6. Add some kind of monthly friend trophy leaderboard like the achievement leaderboard on Xbox
These don't have to just be PS+ features but features I'd like to see in any form on PS5.

These two.

I'd also like to be notified when a game on my wish list goes on sale, and more detailed playing stats like PSN Profile website has.