• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
6.0 beta registration should start soon.

What would you like to see in it?

My wishlist:
  • Downloadable PS Now games
  • A wishlist in PS Store
  • Gifting option in PS Store
  • "Time played" feature. Sony already track this. They send summary emails with palytimes for each game. Why don't they show us in the PS4 OS?
Please don't mention name change :(

irishonion

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly wish they would revamp the search engine on console.

It's annoying as hell searching for a game with more than one word. I get movies that don't even pertain to what I'm typing before I ever get the the game that in clearly typing.

OP
OP
Nintendo

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Honestly wish they would revamp the search engine on console.

It's annoying as hell searching for a game with more than one word. I get movies that don't even pertain to what I'm typing before I ever get the the game that in clearly typing.

Yeah that's very annoying. When I search for a game, I get all the DLC's and microtransaction stuff but not the actual game! WTF?!

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Stat tracker is all I want. Be happy with a basic play time tracker even, but I know they track more than that from the Emails they will sometimes send you.

Name change would be nice for those that want it.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
Gifting
Refunds
Name Change
PS1/2 Classics
More music service integration (GPM please!)
Trophy progress
Activity log

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
Can I be unrealistic? At least from a business sense? At least from a Sony business sense?

Backwards comparability for digital PS1 & PS2 games purchased on PS3. The PS2 on PS4 push was a supreme dud, but the emulation tech seems all right. I don't need trophies, I just want to play some old games with better performance/IQ, if possible.

Okii

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I like how every single one of these threads is just the same shit with a different version number in the thread title. People have been wanting all this stuff for YEARS and they still haven't and probably won't do it.

YaCvAr

Oct 29, 2017
PS1&2 backwards compatibility, desirably disc based, but at this point i'll happily take PSN Classics... I know tenuous.

LAA

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Probably want the most unlikely stuff to happen.

-PS1-3 BC
-Trophy tracking bars (Like how X1 has progress bars)
-More in depth custom theme creator (ability to add custom background music/sfx/icons.)

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Anything substantial enough to earn the version number increase.
5.0 was pretty boring, I don't remember what it even had anymore.

Most of all I want an activity log of some kind.

Yazuka

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
- Playtime tracking/Activity log
- PS1, PS2, PSP classics (disk based for PS1 and PS2.
- Let me pin the stuff I want on the home menu.

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
1440p support
Freesync support
True beast mode that also uses the additional shader cores and not just the higher clock speed.

Igorth

Nov 13, 2017
PSN name change.
Store changes would be nice but I don't think that required fw upgrade.

dom

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Being able to choose a separate theme for icons/music, color, and our own background image.

Zaied

Oct 27, 2017
I've been waiting 5 years for the PS4 to have some of the basic functions that made the PS3 such a great and accessible platform. Stuff like being able to delete DLC or patches without uninstalling an entire game.

Oct 25, 2017
I've wanted play tracking for ages too.
It's crazy the web store has a wishlist feature for ages that you still can't even view on actual console.
I want a separate notification option for trophies in VR. It's so horrible, the only option is completely turn off all trophy notifications.
Updating gpu drivers
No longer use DrawDispatch in the Gnm library. ;)
These aren't your typical requests...

Deleted member 5457

User Requested Account Deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Make UI elements adaptable to different theme colours. For now, only default blue looks 100% right.

I liked that PS3 theme with colour changing with time, it was magical in a way.

Playtime would be nice too.

Other than that, I must say I don't have any deal breakers on ps4 software anymore. Everything else (some little things ) would be too specific and personal to even mention.

ashtaar

Oct 27, 2017
Improved PS store searching
Pinning games/apps
Time tracking would be great
Please give us name changes

VodkaFX

May 31, 2018
Activity log (e.g hours played, etc)

Revamped PS Store, especially the Avatar section, way too many sub par quality ones.

I hope that Sony will at least give us a filter for it (e.g. seperating between official avatars released by the game developers / studios and third party content)

Edit:

This is what I am talking about. Come on Sony I am sure you can do better.

up9lO69.jpg

Last edited: