• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
Your absolute favorite 2 games from the lifespan of the console so far. What are your choices? Why?

ok, yes, fine. This is a transparent ass game recommendation thread for a new PS4 owner.

VilleEricson

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
Horizon Zero Dawn: A new IP with fantastic gameplay, a gorgeous open world and fun gameplay.

Until Dawn: Supermassive did a Quantic Dream game better than Quantic Dream! I really hope we get a sequel.

Last edited:

Astronut325

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Gran Turismo Sport : best on track experience I've event had in a sim.
Crash/Uncharted 4: crash for great and challenging platforming game play. And the light hearted feel. U4, yet to complete, but love story driven games.
Edit :
Can console exclusive games count? If yes then I would replace Crash with SFV.

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Uncharted 4 : One of the best games of all time. No game matches the quality of UC4 so far IMO.

Until Dawn : it's just so good!!

Napalm_Frank

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Finland
Bloodborne is by far the best. Rock solid gameplay, great atmosphere and best secrets in the biz. DLC is also great.

Second one is a bit tougher to decide on. Persona 5 maybe if that counts tho it's also on PS3.

If we are talking true exclusives then Crash N.Sane Trilogy but admittedly I friggin love the original games to death so nostalgia does play a part (tho I will defend them as good games regardless of that any day).

Last edited:

MCD250

Oct 27, 2017
Top 2? Shit, make it harder.

Uhhhh. Horizon and...fuuuuu...OKAY, Resogun.

EDIT: as to why. Horizon is an extremely well polished, high production value game with an amazingly beutiful presentation, super solid combat mechanics, a wonderful, unique setting and a deeply engaging story. And Resogun is just pure, unfiltered, adrenaline pumping arcade game fun of the type that they don't make much of anymore.

TinfoilHatsROn

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Persona 5 - It's one of the slickest and greatest JRPG Social Sims ever. I love it! (Though my avatar gives it away) Fast paced turn based combat and hanging out with the Phantom Thieves. What more do you want? Also featuring: Demons from hell.
Bloodborne - The best of the DS games in my opinion with a stylish gothic feel and brutal combat where you weave in and out of battles. Streamlined so it's easy to pick up and enjoy! Amazing boss fights and an amazing DLC pack with amazing weapons.

gigaslash

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The Last Guardian — easily the best game of this gen, it has to be experienced to be believed.
Yakuza 6 — huge, beautiful, fun to play and masterfully directed story. Different in some important ways to previous games, but I think it's all for the better.

Deleted member 3853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Horizon
Bloodborne

Just since they're great standalone titles. Uncharted 4 is my favorite overall though due to the rest of the series. Would also have said Nioh probably over Horizon but I don't think it counts as an exclusive anymore.

SnowCrow

Oct 25, 2017
Bloodborne and Yakuza 0

I haven't even finished Yakuza 0 and I already know it's up there, it's so good.

Riversands

Banned
Nov 21, 2017
Bloodborne
This is my first ps4 game, so it has a special place in my mind

Persona 5
A bunch of people who want to fight against status quo. This game should be an inspiration to stand up against oppression toward society

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017
Do console exclusives count? If so, I say the best are Earth Defense Force 4.1 and The Talos Principle.

Oct 25, 2017
Probably The Last Guardian & Horizon Zero Dawn but this is one of those things that would change depending what day you caught me or what I'd been playing lately. Honorable mention to Tearaway Unfolded!

Status
Not open for further replies.