• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SatoAilDarko

Oct 25, 2017
I only listen to full albums. In fact I put EP's together to go over 40 minutes.

My favorite albums from these artists don't have a very weak song to me though.

1. Age of Adz - Sufjan Stevens
2. John Henry - They Might Be Giants
3. Offend Maggie - Deerhoof

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
Tool - Fear Inoculum
Tool - Fear Inoculum
Tool - Fear Inoculum

I think it's covering the basics.

fontguy

Avenger
Oct 8, 2018
Half of my library is narrative concept albums that seamlessly blend one song into another, so... yes. My list is the word "yes."

TheLionsDen

Oct 27, 2017
QC/NYC
House of Ballons

Thursday

Echoes of Silence

Honourable mentions: Modern Vampires of the City, Enter the Wu Tang, Illmatic

Dogstar

Oct 29, 2017
Talk Talk - The Colour of Spring.

Talk Talk - Spirit of Eden.

Talk Talk - Laughing Stock.

Simply album perfection from the much missed Mark Hollis (I'll add his solo too) and co. Each time I put one of these LP's on I'm mesmerised from start to finish.

ninnanuam

Nov 24, 2017
Three most played of all time:

Babylon Whores: Errata Stigmata

Arcturus: La Masquerade Internale

Slayer: Reign in Blood

Three most recent:

White Lung: Deep Fantasy

Igorrr: Savage Sinusoid

Beastmilk: Climax

Deleted member 14663

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That Lucky Old Son from Brian Wilson
The Eminem Show from Eminem
Nirvana Unplugged by Nirvana

there are plenty more though

anexanhume

Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
1. Amorphis - Queen of Time
This album absolutely blew me away when it came out. It is one of those albums that exists within a defined subgenre but is so good that its appeal transcends those boundaries, and it feels inspired from beyond the conventions of its genre.
2. Angra - Temple of Shadows
Just a fantastic concept album, which is usually a tired concept in the power metal genre. Stuffed with prog and Latin elements, the opening combo of Spread Your Fire and Angels & Demons is a killer combo of anthem and soaring solos.
3. Hibria - Defying the Rules
Incredibly tight and cohesive song writing without feeling boring or repetitive at all. Just high energy from start to finish. Some of my favorite instrumentals in the genre.

Dec 4, 2017
London
Talk Talk - Spirit of Eden
Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here
Orbital - The Brown Album

Top two were easy picks but that third spot was a definitely a tough one as there's a fair few that would be in contention so, some honourable mentions:

Pure Reason Revolution - The Dark Third
Blondie - Parallel Lines
Grace Jones - Slave To The Rhythm
Daft Punk - Homework
LFO - Frequencies
QOTSA - ...Like Clockwork
Pink Floyd - DSOTM & Animals
St Etienne - Fox Base Alpha
Metronomy - The English Riviera
Kate Bush - The Hounds Of Love
Depeche Mode - Violator
Darkside - Psychic
Gayngs - Relayted

Honestly, there's absolutely nothing that beats an album with a sense of completeness to it, either because it has a sense of a journey or adventure about it or it's just an excellent collection of top-notch pop songs and I lament the fact that it seems something of a rarity in the download era (/old man yells at cloud)

Mar 22, 2019
Henry Saiz & Band - Human
mind.in.a.box - Broken Legacies
Agalloch - The Mantle

(honorable mention: Lindsey Stirling - Artemis).

Headphones on, no skip, listen full length with eyes closed to any of these = bliss.

Fallout-NL

Oct 30, 2017
Honestly, there's absolutely nothing that beats an album with a sense of completeness to it, either because it has a sense of a journey or adventure about it or it's just an excellent collection of top-notch pop songs and I lament the fact that it seems something of a rarity in the download era (/old man yells at

100% agreed, it's so special, an album like that.

Hell, even being able to buy a damn cd at all is something of a rarity. There's still good music, but streaming has made it disposable in a sense. I can't collect music if something's only available on fucking bandcamp.

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly too many to list. Modest Mouse, Dylan, Menomena, Strokes, Neil Young damn

Good topic..esp. in 2019

Zaro

Nov 13, 2017
King Gizzard : Nonagon Infinity
I discover the band with this album.
Incredible band.

Rancid: And out come the wolves
I can't count how many time i've listen to this album. When they release this album it was like i was waiting for it since The Clash.

Violent Femmes: Violent Femmes
The perfect teen album, everyone like to sing their song (when you like :) )
I still can't believe this album is from 1980

Fevaweva

Oct 30, 2017
Kanye West - My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy
R.E.M. - Reckoning
Father John Misty - Pure Comedy

Deleted member 27872

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Oh jeez okay

Pink floyd - Dark side, wish you were here, animals, and the wall atleast.
Tame Impala - Lonerism
King Gizzard - Nonagon Infinity
David Bowie - Hunky Dory
Fleetwood Mac - Rumors
Queen - A Night at the Opera
Yes - Close to the Edge

There are probably more, but these immediately come to mind.

Evo Shandor

Oct 29, 2017
Miles Davis - Kind of Blue
Radiohead - Kid A
The Well-Tempered Clavier - Johannes Sebastien Bach (performed by Glenn Gould)

All are amazing albums that uniquely cover a wide range of moods and emotions. They're also all, in their respective ways, experiments in genre and tones that somehow became popular and accessible.

Chubnasty

Banned
Sep 26, 2019
1. American Beauty by the Grateful Dead
From Box of Rain to Truckin', it is a lovely trip indeed

2. Scumdogs of the Universe by Gwar
I was going to put two Gwar albums because I love Gwar but I felt that is cheating (being a big Gwar fan). The other album was going to be War Party but this one narrowly edged it out.

3. Either/Or by Elliott Smith
I was semi late to Elliott Smith (post death) and am saddened at such a loss. This artist and album reminds me of a lot of hard things that I struggle to deal with myself such as depression and feeling okay with being happy.

Oct 26, 2017
Gorillaz - Demon Days
I can listen to a few of theirs on loop but this is my favorite
Nofx - War on Errorism
Not my favorite album of theirs and not my first either and I like my first one more as well, but this one is so easy to listen through

I can't think of a third right now, will update later. I listen to a lot of albums straight through still

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
Definitely Maybe - Oasis
The Stone Roses - The Stone Roses
Abbey Road - The Beatles

There's definitely more albums, but those jump out at me straight away as ones I can just listen to from start to finish.

Tuck

Oct 25, 2017
Rarely does a whole album appeal to me. Lorde's melodrama is the exception. Incredible work.

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
Death Cab for Cutie - Plans
Interpol - Turn on the Bright Lights
Boston - Self Titled
My Chemical Romance - Danger Days
Jimmy Eat World - Surviving

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Off the top of my head:

Kanye West - My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy
Say Anything - In Defense of the Genre
Linkin Park - A Thousand Suns

Edit: I'm adding more. Fuck yo top 3.

Carly Rae Jepsen - Emotion
Justin Timberlake - The 20/20 Experience

Sobriquet

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Wilmington, NC
Jawbreaker - Dear You
Built to Spill - Keep it Like a Secret
The Appleseed Cast - Mare Vitalis

There are so many but those were the first three to pop in my head

Gabbo

Oct 25, 2017
In no actual order:
Pearl Jam - vs
Tool - Lateralus
Battles - Mirrored

Those I can say for sure, but there are likely a few more.

Lone

Mar 6, 2019
Los Angeles, CA
'Aaliyah' - Aaliyah
aaliyah1.jpg

Undoubtedly, my favorite album of all time (if you can't tell by my avi), and arguably the most daring R&B album of the 2000s. At the age of just 22, 'Aaliyah' came out during a time when neo-soul was taking off, and pop music was blaring on the radios. Critics fell in love with it immediately, calling it a 'staggering declaration of independence', while fans were slightly put off by the advancements in sounds and genres. Wanting to work with Nine Inch Nails but failing to make their schedules work, Aaliyah fused rock, latin, drum and bass, and neo-soul all into her signature sound. Every lyric means something, every vocal is perfectly executed, and every harmony melts like butter. Almost every R&B musician out today can owe this album just a little bit of their sound. Solange, Kelela - that whole alternative R&B wave, Aaliyah had already explored that. Truly, a masterpiece. It pains me that as amazing as this album is, we'll never know just how far she would have pushed the genre forward today, as she passed away just four weeks after the album was released. She never got to reap the reward of her hard work.

'III' - Moderat
moderat-iii.jpg

Released in 2016, I was truly late to the party into discovering Moderat, thanks to 'How To Get Away With Murder'. After hearing 'Intruder' played during an episode, I went into a deep dive in their catalogue. 'III' is absolutely magnificent. Each electronic instrument radiates with soul, each manipulated vocal adds to the distortion. This album truly became my favorite album to listen to during long travels - especially plane rides. The sonics just inspire me to appreciate life, and to truly, go after my dreams. It crushes me that they went on an indefinite hiatus 2 years ago.

'ANTI' - Rihanna
ef1a5c940d0835c32d8337fef93625ac.1000x1000x1.jpg

If this isn't the best mainstream R&B album of the decade, I don't know what is. Being a huge Rihanna fan all the way back in the day when I was little, and 'SOS' was all over the radio, this album - despite all of the negligence in promoting it correctly - is truly a staple in Rihanna's career. You can tell she poured her heart and soul into this record to craft something that was accessible, yet a bit foreign. The album shouldn't work the way it does. The album shouldn't flow the way it does. Though she had majority of her own creative control since 'Good Girl Gone Bad', this album truly marked the first time that she was able to call the shots in each and every way. It is truly, no doubt, one of the best albums of this generation, hands down. A classic.

Gwynbleidd

Oct 27, 2017
Say Anything - Every single album
blink-182 - self titled
Rainbow Kitten Surprise - Seven + Mary

Oct 25, 2017
Just off the top of my head...

CunninLynguists - Oneirology
P.O.S. - Audition
Blockhead - Music By Cavelight
Frank Ocean - Endless
Blood Orange - Cupid Deluxe
Weeknd - Kissland

Could list a lot more if I spent more than a few minutes thinking about it

Joule

Nov 19, 2017
Off The Wall - Michael Jackson
Discovery - Daft Punk
Hot Fuss - The Killers

Bumrush

Oct 25, 2017
Sgt Pepper's is one of my absolute favorite no skip albums and favorite albums in general

KujoJosuke

Oct 25, 2017
Circle Takes The Square - As The Roots Undo
Say Anything - ...Is A Real Boy
Zolof The Rock And Roll Destroyer - Schematics

Neophant

Oct 25, 2017
Pixies - Doolittle
Rilo Kiley - More Adventurous
The Decemberists - Picaresque

All happened to be albums I encountered in my formative years of life and while there are many current and recent albums I've enjoyed, these three always end up being in my rotation whether it's in my car or just listening to on a quiet night.