• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

balgajo

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hello everyone, my first thread here on Era after the great migration.

So, what are the top 3 things that you disliked most in the game(if possible listed by priority)?

Mine:

1 - Lack of visual variety/atmosphere in dungeons and shrines
Zelda team was always able to create different aesthetics and atmosphere for the dungeons. The feeling that you get on Water Temple is completely different than Forest Temple for example. Those are things that I value much more than puzzles. The talent is still there, I mean, the same people created that awesome Hyrule Castle.

2 - Copy/Paste design
Enemy camps, stables, bosses(hinox, talus, ...), shrines, main quest structure... I would gladly accept a smaller overworld but with more unique content next time.

3- Weapon Durability
They tried to fix something that wasn't a problem before imo(actually I really like the old weapon system). As I stated in another thread they made the sensation of receiving new weapons as bad as receiving some rupees in TP. Usually in BOTW I'm more happy receiving rupees than weapons because after opening a chest I have to open inventory and choose a weapon to throw away because it's always full.

Deleted member 249

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I adore the game, but I would argue the story presentation (which ruins any sense of progression and pacing), enemy variety, and the Divine Beasts as the big 'dungeons', are all areas that can and should be improved in the hypothetical sequel.

Oct 25, 2017
No dog petting.

No Darknauts.

Shield parry is cool, but feels like they didn't add an extra mechanic to it. Shield hit box is small making it harder to pull off than than a dodge but it seemingly has less utility.

_________

I don't think weapons breaking is an issue unless you're not trying to play it. An issue with weapons might be that they don't break often enough since you'll get a bunch you can't pick up.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
1. Lame Biggoron Sword.
2. No social links ending with a steamy date.
3. No "Ay dit..dit..." when you get hurt.

Oct 29, 2017
Erm. I'm thinking it might be my GOAT. But if I'd rank it...

1. Story could have been more elaborate, especially present day
  2. Would have liked more thematic shrines
  3. The overworld should change more depending on the things you did

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
only 3?

1. lack of memorable music
2. lack of memorable moments
3. dungeons are average

RPGam3r

Oct 27, 2017
1. Lynels
2. The weird white haze the game seems to have
3. Lack of proper dungeons

Love this game though, so these complaints are minor overall.

Virtua King

Dec 29, 2017
1. Weapon Durability (If I don't have to worry about it in games with way better combat and real challenge like Soulsborne, Nioh, and even the Witcher, there are no excuses here)
2. No real dungeons (the 4 beasts were a joke)
3. No unique items past the beginning (where the hell is my hookshot?!)

I have way more issues with the game,like the lack of music for one, but I'm sure someone else will have them covered.

silva1991

Oct 26, 2017
I agree with 2 and 3

After you spend your first 20 or so hours in the green areas, you move on to the the desert, jungles etc and you same 99% of the same enemies.

Different areas disparately needed many new and unique enemy types.

I'll add that I hate master sword charging time. way too long.

1. Lynels
2. Lynels
3. Lynels

But they are the best enemies in the game.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
1. Enemy variety
2. Shrine/dungeon aesthetics all being the same
3. Too many combat shrines

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
1. Weapon Durability- enough people dislike its current implementation where I know I'm not alone on this. It can be fiddled with and improved if they absolutely want to keep it for a sequel.

2. Rain- The amount of time it rained was ridiculous. Fucking stop.

3. Story presentation and quality- just like they went above and beyond for the gameplay, they need to do something about the story, it was boring as shit. And the presentation was also shitty. Finding memories based off locations you only only from a single pic and a hint was dumb. You can have a standard method to tell your story. Or at least have it be more environmental.

Nosgotham

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Increased boss type characters needed. Lynel variations are cool and all but more big baddies please

DrBillRiverman

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
England
Variety is 100% the biggest issue i had with BOTW. In terms of visuals, enemies, friendlies etc... I appreciate that making a game of this scale must have necessitated limiting the pool a bit, but it is still disappointing.

The grind for high level gear is mind numbing. Especially the "of the wild" set.

Performance in the woods

Jpop

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
2 - Copy/Paste design
Enemy camps, stables, bosses(hinox, talus, ...), shrines, main quest structure... I would gladly accept a smaller overworld but with more unique content next time.

This isn't a valid complaint.

-Encounters/Enemy Camps

The design isn't copy and pasted. Every placement is handcrafted. Each encounter is unique as the circumstances of the encounter vary dramatically depending on the geography,weather, and what weapons/skills you have available to you.

-Stables

I'm not sure what your point is with this? A stable is a stable I'm not sure what type of variety you are looking for here.

-Shrines

The shrines are anything but copy-pasted and are incredibly well designed for bite sized puzzles.

-Main Quest Structure

There is no structure to the main quest and it can be tackled from any way. Each time you tackle it you can do it in a different way thus it is impossible for its design to be copy and pasted.

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
1. The side-quest stories never really top the likes of Majora's Mask, and honestly that shouldn't be that hard to beat.
2. Those dungeons are shit. Sorry.
3. Everything feels too quantified. Find secrets, reduce payoff to a collectible that isn't worthwhile for completionists, lack of good sense of discovery in the long-run.

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
I'm still very early into it, but so far...

3. Weapon durability
2. Another lifeless open world
1. WHY THE FUCK CAN LINK ONLY SPRINT AS LONG AS THE AVERAGE PENSIONER!

ZhugeEX

Senior Analyst at Niko Partners
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Don't make list threads.

No list threads: A list thread is a thread that encourages replies that largely or completely take the form of lists. These threads tend not to generate much if any actual discussion or member interaction, and therefore are usually closed. Voting threads generally fall under this category as well. If you wish to create a voting thread, please contact an Administrator to seek an exception beforehand.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/general-faq.9777/

Status
Not open for further replies.