• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Digital

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
In other words, the time periods of 2005-2013, and 2013-Present. Curious to see how people's tastes have changed, or how they've remained the same, between the two generations.

Gen 7:
  1. Fallout: New Vegas
  2. Bioshock
  3. Mass Effect 2
  4. Deus Ex: Human Revolution
  5. Spec Ops: The Line
Gen 8:
  1. Doom
  2. Bloodborne
  3. Hitman
  4. Wolfenstein: The New Order
  5. Prey

Last edited:

Piscus

Oct 27, 2017
The fact that you've excluded Nintendo from your parenthesis shows me that you aren't very serious about your own question.

OP
OP
Digital

Digital

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The fact that you've excluded Nintendo from your parenthesis shows me that you aren't very serious about your own question.
The fact that you're so hung up about that tells me you just came here to shitpost. The gen "names" are just off-hand meaningless titles. Get over it.

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
  1. Mirror's Edge
  2. The Last of Us
  3. Silent Hill: Shattered Memories
  4. Grand Theft Auto V
  5. LittleBigPlanet 2

1. The Last Guardian
  2. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
  3. Overwatch
  4. Gravity Rush
  5. Persona 5

Vylder

Oct 25, 2017
The past two generations are actually :

8th (Wii U/PS4/One)
9th (Switch)

Worthintendo

Oct 25, 2017
Gen 7
Xenoblade Chronicles
Kirby Canvas Curse
Space Invaders Extreme 2
Fallout 3
Dragon Quest IX

Gen 8
Zelda Breath of the Wild
Zelda A Link Between World's
Shovel Knight
Super Mario 3D Land
Etrian Odyssey V

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This will probably be locked but what the hell, it's cool to revisit games years after they come out.

Looking back, I would still pick MGS4 as my GOTG despite all the backlash. No game did story and setpieces better and the gameplay was still sublime.
The Last of Us is a close second. MGS4 wins out because of the boss fights and setpieces.
Uncharted 2 is one game that i have second thoughts on, just couldnt get myself to play through the HD remaster. I would pick Mass Effect 2 as my third game with Uncharted 2 taking the fourth spot.
God of War 3 is another game i just cant play again despite loving it originally. I think KZ2 probably edges out GoW3, Halo 3, MAG, LBP2 and Resistance 3 to take my fifth spot.

This gen, Horizon is still my GOTG. Best combat in an open world game ever.
The Last guardian is probably the most emotionally exhausting game i've played since MGS4.
MGSV is still in my top despite the terrible story, lack of boss fights and setpieces. The ending and the sublime gameplay pretty much guarantee a spot in my top five.
Bloodborne and Battlefield 1 round out my top 5. I doubt BF1 would make the top 10 by the time this gen is done. DICE really ruined that game.

Oct 25, 2017
Gen 7:
5. Vanquish
4. Bioshock
3. Skyward Sword
2. Metal Gear Rising
1. Mario Galaxy

Gen 8 is trickier. Wii U is part of it, but Switch is gen 9 before the others start kind of like 3DS was? Dunno.
5. Splatoon
4. Nier Automata
3. Bayonetta 2
2. Wonderful 101
1. Breath of the Wild

Honorable mentions:
Witcher 3
Mario Odyssey (would probably be number 2, but I'm not sure where switch lies)

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
No list threads. If you want to frame it a different way that's fine, but no threads designed to just be list after list.

Status
Not open for further replies.