• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Capcom has tasked you, yes you, as the decision maker for next fighting game project. So assured in you they've deigned to give you all the money to make your dream a reality.

So what are you going to make?

For me I always go to one answer (and also I've made like two threads on it); Capcom Fighting All-Stars! This game would be a celebration of Capcom's history of awesome, iconic characters all finally in their own game unencumbered by goobers like Iron Man and Sentinel. It would feature:

- 2v2 four button gameplay like in Tatsunoko vs. Capcom.

- Three Assist Types per character.

- Multiple game modes like Arcade (with actual endings this time), Survival, Time Attack, Cross Battle Mode akin to the special mode of MvC1, where four players each control one character, and a dedicated Training Mode that teaches newcomers how to play the game beyond throwing words and button inputs at them.

- A huge museum of art, character bios and history dedicated to the legacy of Capcom to teach new players about the parts of the roster they may be unfamiliar with.

And here's my dream roster, with some of the roster recycled from MvC3 and Infinite to cut costs and have a sizable number of characters in lieu of restarting from scratch.

Ryu/Chun-Li/Akuma
Dante/Vergil
Chris/Wesker
Mega Man X/Zero/Sigma/Tron
Monster Hunter/Haggar/Viewtiful Joe/Amaterasu/Frank West
Morrigan/Jedah/Phoenix Wright/Strider Hiryu/Arthur

With newcomers:

Rashid
Roll
Akira Kazama (Rival Schools)
J.Talbain
Regina
Jill Valentine (rebuilt from the ground up and based on her MvC2 incarnation)
Nero
Lady
Nina (Breath of Fire)
Asura
Captain Commando
Gene (God Hand)
Garcian Smith (Killer7)

For a total of 34 characters, 13 built from the ground up.

Last edited:

Normal

Oct 26, 2017
Ken Fighters.
Ken, Violent Ken, SFV Ken, Alpha Ken... what else do you need.

FPX

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
You can't just drop Capcom vs Capcom in the OP and expect anyone else to top it

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Tatsunoko vs Capcom 2 with a similar approach to character picks.

New giants include a Rathalos and Blodia.

G-Red is playable, so is Lynn Kurosawa and the Wizard from King of Dragons.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to give Jawmuncher what he really wants, Dino Crisis: The Fighter. Play as Regina or one of a dozen Dinosaurs and fight to the death, along the likes of Velociraptor, Pterodactyl, T-Rex, etc. Also military vehicles and the like.

Basically an expanded Dino Coliseum from Dino Crisis 2:

Take Dino Coliseum and it's crazier match-ups of dinosaurs, vehicles, etc with weird unique movesets, except also make it more like Power Stone in wacky arcade fun and interesting dynamic levels and some arcade-like fun.

Oct 27, 2017
I would also like a Capcom All Stars games, packed with single player content, cosmetics, and good rollback netcode.

Oct 25, 2017
MĂ©xico
Nintendo vs Capcom

bHtLmSr.jpg

kirby_fox

Oct 29, 2017
Midwest USA
Capcom Vs Nintendo.

Honestly I'd just give it to a combined team from old Capcom Vs games and see what they come up with. It's likely better than anything I could make.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Capcom vs. Toei Tokusatsu

Basically like Tatsu but with Sentai, Rider, and the classics.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
Tech Romancer sequel here we come.

Or an update to 3rd strike. I consider that game one update away from perfection, they were so close. How wild would that be to have an update to a fighting game that's 20 years old?

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
Properly implemented rollback netcode and crossplay across all release platforms. Those are my priorities.

The rest can take care of itself.

nicolasacmf

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Marvel vs. Capcom... vs. NINTENDO!

Capcom:

Ryu
Ken
Chun Li
Cammy
Morrigan
Lilith
X
Tron Bonne
Dante
Jill Valentine
Wesker
Phoenix Wright
Amaterasu
Viewtiful Joe
Strider
Ingrid

Marvel:

Spider-man
Black Cat
Ms. Marvel
Black Panther
Doctor Doom
Magneto
Cyclops
Wolverine
Storm
Moon Knight
Iron Man
Thor
Captain America
Hawkeye (and Hawkguy :p )
Human Torch
Psylocke

Nintendo:

Mario (Luigi as a clone/echo)
Link
Zelda
Pikachu
Kirby
Fox
Ness
Inkling
Pit
Shulk
Elma
Medusa
Samus
Dixie
Celica
Isaac

I'm forgetting a LOT of characters I'd put in, but these are basically the main ones.

As for how it would play... basically just UMvC3 :p

Last edited:

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Capcom side:

Captain Commando
Devilotte
Edward Falcon
Firebrand
Garcian Smith
G-Red
Leon Kennedy
Lynn Kurosawa
Masamune Date
Morrigan
Ryu
Super Joe
Wizard

Blodia
Hauzer
PT-40A
Rathalos
Zero-Akuma

(Realistically I'd like to look over this again because I leaned way male here, but this is off the cuff.)

Etrian Oddity

Oct 26, 2017
Street Fighter vs Mortal Kombat

I don't care if it has no fatalities. I'd love to see NRS characters with Capcom-developed controls and their art style.

OP
OP
Weiss

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Capcom side:

Captain Commando
Devilotte
Edward Falcon
Firebrand
Garcian Smith
G-Red
Leon Kennedy
Lynn Kurosawa
Masamune Date
Morrigan
Ryu
Super Joe
Wizard

Blodia
Hauzer
PT-40A
Rathalos
Zero-Akuma

(Realistically I'd like to look over this again because I leaned way mile here, but this is off the cuff.)

Shit I forgot Garcian Smith

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
I don't know maybe focus on a smash clone since if it is selling that much the casual market must be pretty big

But it is not like I gave it much thought or anything on a Capcom Smash Bros

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Capcom : Femme Fatale
Fighter with female only Capcom characters.

Chun Li
Cammy
Elena
Makoto
Morrigan
Hsien-Ko
Felicia
BB Hood
Jill
Claire with Sherry
Regina
Lady
Trish
Amaterasu
Maya with Pearl
Roll

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Capcom vs Capcom

Looks and plays similar to UMVC3.

Has this roster:
Street Fighter:
Ryu
Ken
Chun Li
Akuma
M Bison
Juri

Mega Man:
Mega Man (Classic)
Mega Man X
Tron Bonne
Zero
Roll
Mega Man.EXE

Resident Evil:
Chris
Jill
Wesker
Nemesis

Darkstalkers:
Morrigan
Hsien-Ko
Felicia
Jedah

Devil May Cry:
Dante
Nero
Vergil
Trish

Ghosts and Goblins:
Arthur
Firebrand

Phoenix Wright

Batsu

Captain Commando

Amaterasu

Viewtiful Joe

Jin

Haggar

Spencer

Frank West

Monster Hunter

Strider Hiryu

SecretCharacter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Colorado Springs, CO
I'd drop a Capcom vs. Capcom as well, but I'd make it more KOF based. 3v3, but teams instead of tag based. Multiple super meter styles similar to CvS2.
- Alpha (it's C-Groove from CvS2)
- V (4 small bars for EX Moves, use all 4 for a big super. Has V-Counters)
- Super Turbo (1 smaller bar,, no frills, but big damage)
- Savior (9 bars, weaker supers, can use EX moves, has air blocking and other VS systems)
- Plasma Sword (5 bars, weaker supers, but each character has a unique "install")

Of course, you'd need a big roster.
Ryu, Ken, Chun-Li, Alex, Juri, Rashid, Akuma
Morrigan, Dimitri, B.B. Hood, Jedah
Batsu, Akira, Gan
Hayato, June, Bilstein
Cody, Guy, Haggar
Megaman, Zero, Roll
Jill, Chris, Wesker
Dante, Virgil, Nero
Arthur, Strider, Black Tiger
Amaterasu, Soki, Viewtiful Joe
Asura, Frank West, Phoenix Wright
Regina, Gene, Nina

Bosses include Pyron, Nightmare Bilstein, and Go Hibiki

SinkFla

Oct 26, 2017
Pensacola, Fl
Capcom has tasked you, yes you, as the decision maker for next fighting game project. So assured in you they've deigned to give you all the money to make your dream a reality.

So what are you going to make?

For me I always go to one answer (and also I've made like two threads on it); Capcom Fighting All-Stars! This game would be a celebration of Capcom's history of awesome, iconic characters all finally in their own game unencumbered by goobers like Iron Man and Sentinel. It would feature:

- 2v2 four button gameplay like in Tatsunoko vs. Capcom.

- Three Assist Types per character.

- Multiple game modes like Arcade (with actual endings this time), Survival, Time Attack, Cross Battle Mode akin to the special mode of MvC1, where four players each control one character, and a dedicated Training Mode that teaches newcomers how to play the game beyond throwing words and button inputs at them.

- A huge museum of art, character bios and history dedicated to the legacy of Capcom to teach new players about the parts of the roster they may be unfamiliar with.

And here's my dream roster, with some of the roster recycled from MvC3 and Infinite to cut costs and have a sizable number of characters in lieu of restarting from scratch.

Ryu/Chun-Li/Akuma
Dante/Vergil
Chris/Wesker
Mega Man X/Zero/Sigma/Tron
Monster Hunter/Haggar/Viewtiful Joe/Amaterasu/Frank West
Morrigan/Jedah/Phoenix Wright/Strider Hiryu/Arthur

With newcomers:

Rashid
Roll
Akira Kazama (Rival Schools)
J.Talbain
Regina
Jill Valentine (rebuilt from the ground up and based on her MvC2 incarnation)
Nero
Lady
Nina (Breath of Fire)
Asura
Captain Commando
Gene (God Hand)
Garcian Smith (Killer7)

For a total of 34 characters, 13 built from the ground up.

OP so close to perfection... WHERE'S MY BOY JIN

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
If we kept it in-house why not do something cool like...

Capcom Villains Versus: The Raging Demons

In a world where all of Capcom's villains (along with some morally grey) win, now they fight amongst one another.

Of course have Akuma as the lead character supplanting Ryu. All the characters have flashy moves and lots of power so it's basically a game of SNK Boss vs. SNK Boss.

Off the top of my head include Bison, Juri, Wesker, Mr. X, Bass, Sigma, Tron Bonne, Vergil, and then go deep for less prominent villains. A cast of say 30?

Also since Chun Li is always in these games create an original "Dark Chun Li" character. Maybe DLC bring in other company villains like Dural and Geese.

asd202

Enlightened
Oct 27, 2017
Nintendo x Capcom would be reduntant in a world Smash exists. Also by having Nintendo characters it would have to be exclusive to Switch which makes it even more nonsensical.

I would like to see Rival Schools with good SP content or Capcom x Capcom.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
Capcom Fighting Jam/Evo 2: Actually good this time edition (don't actually call it that, but that's the spirit we're going with)
-This is not a Vs. game. This is 2v2 elimination style, like the original Jam/Rival Schools/KoF but with pairs. The extent of the interaction is a team up super.
-Roster comes in pairs (you can mix and match them, though, you don't have to choose characters from the same game/pair). Characters from each game are inspired by the style of game they come from, like with the original Jam, but maybe not to the extent that every game has a different style of meter(s) like in the original. Inspired, not a copy paste job.
-Focus is on Capcom's previous fighting games, not on Capcom as a whole, although there will be a good amount of characters that do not originate from fighting games
Base roster:
SF2 Turbo
Ryu
Guile

SF Alpha/Zero
Karin
Chun Li

SF3
Ken
Alex

SFIV
Juri
C. Viper

SFV
Rashid
Menat

Darksiders: (don't know enough about DS' rosters, hopefully you can split this into a pair from 2 and a pair from 3)
Morrigan
Felecia
Jedah
Demitri

Rival Schools
Batsu
Akira (?)

Red Earth
Leo
Kenji

Cyberbots
Jin
(don't know enough about Cyberbots to say who the second rep should be)

MvC1
Mega Man
Captain Commando

MvC2
Jill Valentine
Ruby Heart

MvC3
Dante
Amatarasu (or Viewtiful Joe, or Phoenix Wright, or Frank, some oddball pick from the Capcom side of MvC3)

Bonus "here's your pair of punch boys from games that no one fucking bought, nerds" pair:
Asura
Gene

Last edited:

goku01899

Oct 29, 2017
Just give me a true successor to Project Justice with Arika involved. With an equal amount of characters INCLUDING Sakura at launch and the return of multiple endings per school in story mode. It should also have proper rollback netcode.