• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

megachao24

Oct 25, 2017
Capcom vs SEGA vs Bandai Namco vs Nintendo

The batshit insane fighting game crossover lots of people want but will never get.

Elyian

Feb 7, 2018
I don't know, probably either Capcom Vs SNK 3 or a new cross over like Capcom Vs Arc Sys or something. In both instances, I'd lean heavily on the anime styled fighter; what with an incredibly stylized art style, chain combos, quick movement, coupled with a tag mechanic of sorts. I'd probably keep the roster somewhere between the high 20s and low 30s so that we could flesh the cast out well and expand from there.

In the CvS3 case, I'd probably split it between 15 characters from both sides, with the following as my choices:

Capcom:
- Ryu
- Ken
- Chun Li
- Charlie/Nash
- Nero
- Dante
- Jill(MvC2)
- Morigan
- Hsien Ko
- Megaman Volnutt
- Tron Bonn
- Captain Commando
- M.Bison
- Akuma
- Nemsis or Mr.X

SNK:
- Kyo
- Iori
- Vanessa or Leona(sorry Mai)
- Terry
- Blue Mary
- Haomaru
- Nakaruru
- Kaede
- Hibiki
- Ryo Sakazaki
- King
- King Of Dinosaur
- Rugal
- Geese
- Ash

Maybe have a season pass to throw in some fan favorites like Rock Howard, Kim, Vergil, Etc. If it were the Arc Sys cross over, id probably keep the Capcom roster the same and throw in the following:

Arc System:
- Sol Badguy
- Ky Kiske
- Millia
- Jam
- Baiken
- Ragna
- Jin
- Noel
- Bang
- Tager
- Urs
- Ramlethal
- Hazama
- Dizzy
- Nine

And again, follow a similar fighters pack plan with some more fan favorites. I don't know, i just really want a fast paced anime fighter featuring Capcom characters, and I wouldn't mind throwing SNK or Arc System into the mix; either individually or as a three way collab.

Mr_Blue_Sky

Oct 25, 2017
Capcom vs. Capcom

Leverage the utterly massive catalogue of characters at my disposal to make the 3 vs. 3 game that lives up to Marvel 3's quality, would basically be the Smash Bros Ultimate of the genre.

Omar310

Oct 27, 2017
UK
3v3 often means one of the characters is there simply to be an assist or something, rather than feel like a integral part of a team. I definitely prefer 2v2.

OP
OP
Weiss

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
3v3 often means one of the characters is there simply to be an assist or something, rather than feel like a integral part of a team. I definitely prefer 2v2.

I also prefer 2v2, but I feel like the negative reception to Marvel Infinite would push any new Capcom Hyper game to be 3v3.

J-Tier

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Southern California
Capcom vs Capcom, I'd call it Capcom UniVs, make it 2v2.

I'd bring everyone back from the 3D vs series:

1. Akuma
  2. Albert Wesker
  3. Alex
  4. Amaterasu
  5. Arthur
  6. Batsu Ichimonji
  7. Chris Redfield
  8. Chun-Li
  9. Crimson Viper
  10. Dante
  11. Felicia
  12. Firebrand
  13. Frank West
  14. Hsien-Ko
  15. Jedah Dohma
  16. Jill Valentine
  17. Kaijin no Soki
  18. Mega Man Volnutt
  19. Mega Man X
  20. Mike Haggar
  21. Monster Hunter
  22. Morrigan Aensland
  23. Nathan Spencer
  24. Nemesis
  25. Phoenix Wright
  26. PTX-40A
  27. Roll
  28. Ryu
  29. Saki Omokane
  30. Sigma
  31. Strider Hiryu
  32. Trish
  33. Tron Bonne
  34. Vergil
  35. Viewtiful Joe
  36. Zero
And then add Nina (BoF), Date Masamune (Sengoku Basara), Nero (DMC), Asura (Asura's Wrath), Tessa (Red Earth), Ruby Heart (VS), Gene (God Hand), Rashid (SF), Poison (FF), and The Arisen (Dragon's Dogma)

Captain Commando, Regina (Dino Crisis), Leon (Resident Evil), Lady (DMC), Jin (Cyberbots) DLC

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
Capcom All Stars
2v2 tag fighters
TEPPEN art style
Six buttons
Simplified motion inputs and autocombo

And most importantly, free-to-play

Doomg0d

Mar 26, 2019
Create a full team to work on the netcode, then an animation team that will make a sprite based sequel to Street Fighter 3. Keep comeback mechanics out of the game, and have a start with 15 or so fighters.

Wake me up when Capcom does this.

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
All I want are Asura, Phoenix Wright, and Amaterasu back in this.

Also, Mega Man should only get 1 character per subseries. So if there were 4 or 5 characters:
  • Mega Man (Classic Series)
  • Sigma (X Series)
  • Tron Bonne (Legends Series)
  • Zero (Zero Series)
  • Bass.EXE (Battle Network Series)

Last edited:

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
I wonder if F2P would be the way to go, like the Killer Instinct model.

I'm thinking along the lines of being F2P makes it easier for new comers to pick up.

Create a full team to work on the netcode, then an animation team that will make a sprite based sequel to Street Fighter 3. Keep comeback mechanics out of the game, and have a start with 15 or so fighters.

Wake me up when Capcom does this.

Sprite based? Go back to sleep.

Noctis

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Street Fighter VI: The future is now.

-RE engine (assuming they can get costumes to work) if not UE4 for better dlc handling.

- have a world tour mode that serves as a hidden tutorial with rpg elements that eases casuals into game mechanics.

- everything done from the ground up.

- UI and menu with less emphasis on e-sports and more stylish. With that said E-sports data remains and everything that pertains to it (just a more elegant solution)

- hand drawn character select screen.

- twitch/YouTube integration.

- 8 stages with stage transitions like sf5 and day and night cycles that you can choose before the match. Since doing character specific stages takes resources have a stage that two characters can share, for ex: ryu on top of a mountain, when you pick Akuma have that stage with a volcano in the background erupting.

- Story mode could be something as simple like Karin or ken doing a tournament no world ending BS. Takes place on an island that has all types of scenary or do a global tournament to give it a worldwide feel.

- Endings are animated saves devs time so they can prioritize on other things.

- would ditch cinematic intros and opt for character specific intros (aka alpha/sf3)
tumblr_ncndxybcvI1r7sijxo1_500.gif

- no cinematic supers, straight to the point for a quicker pace.
ComplexSnoopyGemsbok-size_restricted.gif

18 starting character roster (two are unlockables)

Ryu
Ken
Akuma
Hugo
Guile
Guy
Oro
Sagat
Sagat
Newcomer aka the boss

Chun Li
Juri
Cammy
Makoto
Menat
Ibuki
Karin
Elena
Newcomer

I could think of more but a quick brainstorm and that's better than sf4/5 at launch.

Oct 25, 2017
Capcom vs. SNK Fighting Girls, only women

Chun-Li (Street Fighter)
Sakura (Street Fighter)
Juri (Street Fighter)
Makoto (Street Fighter)
Laura (Street Fighter)
Ibuki (Street Fighter)
Cammy (Street Fighter)
Elena (Street Fighter)
Poison (Final Fight)
Morrigan Aensland (DarkStalkers)
Felicia (DarkStalkers)
Hsien-ko (DarkStalkers)
Baby Bonnie Hood (DarkStalkers)
Akira Kazama (Rival Schools)
Rouge (Power Stone)
Roll (Mega Man)
Tron Bonne (Mega Man)
Nina (Breath of Fire)
Sexy Sylvia (Viewtiful Joe)
Jill Valentine (Resident Evil)
Ada Wong (Resident Evil)
Lisa Trevor (Resident Evil)
Ton Pooh (Strider)
Lady (Devil May Cry)
Ruby Heart (Marvel vs. Capcom)
Franziska von Karma (Ace Attorney)
Amaterasu (Okami)

Mai Shiranui (King of Fighters)
Yuri Sakazaki (King of Fighters)
King (King of Fighters)
Momoko (King of Fighters)
Blue Mary (King of Fighters)
Kula Diamond (King of Fighters)
Shermie (King of Fighters)
Elisabeth Blanctorche (King of Fighters)
Chizuru Kagura (King of Fighters)
Leona King of Fighters)
Akari Ichijou (The Last Blade)
Ai (Neo Geo Battle Colosseum)
Carol Stanzack (Savage Reign)
Jeanne d'Arc (World Heroes)
Nakoruru (Samurai Shodown)
Rimururu (Samurai Shodown)
Shizumaru Hisami (Samurai Shodown)
Shiki (Samurai Shodown)
Mizuki Rashojin (Samurai Shodown)
Angelica (Samurai Shodown)
Athena Asamiya (Psycho Soldier)
Athena (Athena)
Fio Germi (Metal Slug)
Eri Kasamoto (Metal Slug)
Nadia Cassell (Metal Slug)
Hotaru Futaba (Garou)
Mui Mui (Dragon Gal)

Leviathan

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Drop all the dead weight and go all Megaman franchise characters, obviously 1v1 rather than any of that tag business.

I'd outsource all the work to ArcSys though, just in case I want to really enjoy the final product.

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
I'd pitch a 3d arena fighting game to Nintendo as either a new IP or as a collaborative crossover title. Would play similar to Powerstone or something else like it. At it's core it would need to be something where after 5 minutes of play. Every player is able to use every characters moves (like Smash).

Roster wise I'd make it 18-20 strong at launch and then add 3-4 fighters if thee is demand. If it's a new IP I'd try very hard in making a great single player story mode. With some extra party modes included (Think of Arms). if it is a crossover game I'd make the story mode as generic as possible (like World of Light from Smash bros). While trying to make more smaller modes to flesh out and give huge fan service to everyone individually.

J-Tier

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Southern California
Capcom vs. SNK Fighting Girls, only women

Chun-Li (Street Fighter)
Sakura (Street Fighter)
Juri (Street Fighter)
Makoto (Street Fighter)
Laura (Street Fighter)
Ibuki (Street Fighter)
Cammy (Street Fighter)
Elena (Street Fighter)
Poison (Final Fight)
Morrigan Aensland (DarkStalkers)
Felicia (DarkStalkers)
Hsien-ko (DarkStalkers)
Baby Bonnie Hood (DarkStalkers)
Akira Kazama (Rival Schools)
Rouge (Power Stone)
Roll (Mega Man)
Tron Bonne (Mega Man)
Nina (Breath of Fire)
Sexy Sylvia (Viewtiful Joe)
Jill Valentine (Resident Evil)
Ada Wong (Resident Evil)
Lisa Trevor (Resident Evil)
Ton Pooh (Strider)
Lady (Devil May Cry)
Ruby Heart (Marvel vs. Capcom)
Franziska von Karma (Ace Attorney)
Amaterasu (Okami)
Love this. Would throw in Tessa from Red Earth, Nilin from Remember Me, Mercedes from Dragon's Dogma, Lynne from Ghost Trick, Gabriella from Haunting Ground, Devilotte from Cyberbots, Usagi from Gotcha Force, Vanessa from PN03, June from Star Gladiator, Kasuga from Sengoku Basara, Saki Omokane, Regina from Dino Crisis and Harp Note from Megaman Starforce to the Capcom side for good measure.

I know. I'm greedy af.

Edit: and uh...female Monster Hunter

Oct 25, 2017
Uninronically Darkstalkers, preferably with an Arcsys style 2d3d look. maybe even add the red earth characters. Marvel was a flop last time and Street Fighter could use a little break with something else for everyone to play. I feel like DS mechanics are a good middle ground between to the two

And for the love of god, good GGPO netcode.

eraFROMAN

One Winged Slayer
Mar 12, 2019
I'd just make a new IP with those resources. Miss when new stuff was coming 2 decades ago.

2D Graphics, 16 characters to start, 4 buttons, 2 Capcom guests (Sakura in Rival Schools style.) Put it on everything, add 4 characters as low cost dlc if people get into the game, and hopefully the game gets an audience to keep it alive. Musically themed characters.

Last edited:

Spacejaws

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Scotland
Oh this is easy I'd buy Primal Rage and Mace The Dark Age from Warner Brothers and make Medival Knights fight Dinosaurs in post apocalyptic urth in 'Primal: The Dark Rage'

Other than that uh I dunno maybe there's like combos or something? Also Turok is a guest character cause Sakurai won't put him in Smash for me.

Laxoon

One Winged Slayer
Jan 24, 2018
Project Cross Zone except its an actual fighter. Get Valkyrie, Dig Dug and Bravo Man all in there. Put the Hornet from Daytona USA in too.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
Either an MvC Ultimate or a Capcom All Stars.

I want as much love and history and music and art and VOLUME packed into it as Smash.

A 4K presentation that apes MvC's gorgeous, unparalleled art style.

Speely

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Capcom All-Stars but Powerstone style gameplay. Like a Smash/Powerstone hybrid. Call it Capstone, or better yet, Powercom.

KrebStar

Oct 28, 2017
v3zFdss.jpg

With a silly ass story mode just for fun. My only real question is whether the Darkstalkers crew are sorted among the established schools, or suddenly appear as their own new school.

Don Fluffles

Oct 28, 2017
Street Fighter: World Conquest

Fighting System & Roster:
  • NOTE: I'm not experienced in fighters, so I'm making up stuff that I heard was popular. I'll just trust the SF vets and fan consensus.
  • Mix between 3rd Strike's Parries, V's Triggers and Alpha's Grooves
  • Characters are the entire cast from Ultra IV, some from V and Alpha 3. Several new ones.
  • Newer characters aim for a more racially, sexually diverse cast.
  • Lots of guest characters a la Smash Ultimate, both Capcom's and other licenses
Features & Structure:
  • Multiplayer is heavy online competitive focus.
  • Join clans, or "Dojos." Win battles to represent your dojo. Dojo masters have the highest ranking, gained both through fight experience and their skill in coaching other dojo members - time spent training them and them winning fights contributes to their ranking (gonna take more brainstorming to figure out).
  • Both individual and dojo fighter ranks reward new cosmetics.
  • Dedicated online lobby
  • Single Player is a story mode disguised as a tutorial. After finishing them, more challenges open up for building rank and general fun factor.
  • Story structure is similar to the MK games - you move from one character to the next. Gets you into the general worldbuilding and major players.
  • Fighter-specific stories are similar to Classic Mode in Smash Ultimate and MK 11, but more RPG-esque and are used to teach and train players on how to use them. Specials are introduced slowly after players have mastered previous ones.
  • AI dynamically analyzes player performance and offers suggestions between matches.
Monetization:
  • Free to Play. Absolutely no P2W or Loot boxes
  • Visual cosmetics for characters, dojo decor, announcer voices, victory poses and taunts.
  • NO RANDOMIZED REWARDS CAN BE BOUGHT WITH REAL MONEY
  • Buying into elite tournaments and events
  • "Champion Sparring Partners": AI based off of top players to train with.
  • For certain items, players can make purchases alone or chip in to help their dojo purchase them.
Art & Sound:
  • Going on a wild tech pipe dream here: Advanced 2D sprite tech that allows for animation that looks heavily hand-drawn, but allows for flexibility of sprite appearance such as extra costumes, dynamic stretching & squashing, etc.
  • Akiman returns as chief character designer, but DLC characters often have their own
  • Less sexualized characters - unless it's part of their character(e.g. Bayonetta, Morrigan) and more diverse body types and faces for females
  • Use 3rd Strike's musical style, but also mix character lietmotifs that dynamically change depending on the flow of battle(MS Killer Instinct)

sinonobu

Oct 25, 2017
Capcom vs Tatsunoko 2.

Now with pretty series character and newer tatsunoko reps like hajime from gatchaman crowds or yuuki from price of smiles.

Zolbrod

Oct 27, 2017
Osaka, Japan
I'm a simple man, so I'd make SFA4.

2D hand-drawn HD sprites, or ArcSys style "it looks like hand-drawn 2D but it's actually 3D". The latter is probably better for flashy Super Combos and stuff.

Ideally, I'd include a fleshed-out World Tour Mode, kind of RPG-ish, where you get to level up and maybe unlock upgrades like elemental attacks and custom-made Super Combos or whatever. Everyone from the Alpha series would be in, plus a bunch of new, original characters.

I don't ask for much :p

battleborn27

Banned
Oct 6, 2018
Street Fighter vs The King Of Fighters

Teams of 3, plays and looks like SFV

Ryu
Ken
Akuma

Chun-Li
Guile
Cammy