• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

UshiromiyaEva

Aug 22, 2018
MvCI spiritual successor without Marvel's involvement or creative concessions and with a return to a simplified artstyle. The core mechanics of Infinite make a fun and creative game. The model quality can stay low and they can just resort to different visual fx and filters to make the game more pleasing to look at, but no ArcSys aesthetics. Have a very safe roster of the major characters of each staple franchise they're supporting within the game and just do what nearly everyone else is doing with exciting obscure legacy characters or guests from other fighters

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Everyone crying about there not being a Sprite based Capcom fighter might as well just put on the sunglasses and crack open the monster energy.

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
Everyone crying about there not being a Sprite based Capcom fighter might as well just put on the sunglasses and crack open the monster energy.

Capcom could do exactly what ArcSys did with Guilty Gear Xrd or even Dragon Ball FighterZ.

While these aren't 2D sprites per say they emulate the style well enough that I don't think even the most diehard pining for a 2D Sprite based fighter would mind if they took a game like DarkStalkers or something along the lines of Street Fighter game that odes back to something along the lines of 3rd Strike's aesthetic.

It doesn't necessarily have to be Street Fighter 6, it could be a side project or something along the lines of Alpha 4, or make a Dream Match game that just fills in different characters.

Maximum Spider

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Cleveland, OH
It would be a 3D arena fighter like some sort of combination of Power Stone and Naruto Ultime Ninja Storm. I can't play another goddamn 2D/2.5D fighter.

Also, Ken gets in over Akuma, both Mega Man and X are playable and Hayato makes his triumphant return.

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
In all honesty, I just want a new Project Justice.

The only upgrade they would need to do is revise the character models to modern standards. Much like how Fighting EX Layer updated the character models for SFEX+@ and mainly plays like the older games.

Don't change anything else, the gameplay is fine. Maybe Itsuno now has the opportunity to bring out a new Rival Schools / Justice Gakuen game, after releasing DMC5.

Forkball

Oct 25, 2017
Capcom vs SNK 3. Go full crazy, add Amaterasu and a Windjammer in there.

Street Fighter Ultimate with every Street Fighter playable character ever EVER.

Scrap everything and just make a Street Fighter JRPG.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
Capcom could do exactly what ArcSys did with Guilty Gear Xrd or even Dragon Ball FighterZ.

While these aren't 2D sprites per say they emulate the style well enough that I don't think even the most diehard pining for a 2D Sprite based fighter would mind if they took a game like DarkStalkers or something along the lines of Street Fighter game that odes back to something along the lines of 3rd Strike's aesthetic.

It doesn't necessarily have to be Street Fighter 6, it could be a side project or something along the lines of Alpha 4, or make a Dream Match game that just fills in different characters.

The fact that nobody in the six years since Arc System reveal this tech has ever attempt to emulate it tells me that it's balls hard to pull off.

Iori Loco

Nov 10, 2017
The fact that nobody in the six years since Arc System reveal this tech has ever attempt to emulate it tells me that it's balls hard to pull off.

It is confirmed by the Granblue Fantasy VS team that it's a pain in the ass to make games with that artstyle in this interview.

[...] We have put a lot of work and passion into the character modeling and the background art. Arc System Works' animation methods let us go frame by frame and edit the characters' expressions. Compared to 2D work, 3D images are supposed to be easier to complete, but this is so labor-intensive that we sometimes wonder "why are we even doing this in 3D?!" But it's worth it.

It also means that making DLC costumes is pretty much remaking the character model, so pretty much not worth, which makes models based heavily on costume sales impossible.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
It is confirmed by the Granblue Fantasy VS team that it's a pain in the ass to make games with that artstyle in this interview.

It also means that making DLC costumes is pretty much remaking the character model, so pretty much not worth, which makes models based heavily on costume sales impossible.

Figures, I saw Dan Floyd (New Frame Plus) put out a video about how Arc does this style of animation and it looks and sounds like a huge amount of work.

Probably on par with using Sprites?

AdaWong

Nov 1, 2017
Raccoon City
Capcom Adult Masterpiece Fighter

RE:
Leon Kennedy, Ada Wong, Albert Wesker, Jill Valentine, Chris Redfield

DMC:
Dante, Vergil, Trish, Lady, Nero, V, Lucia

RedEther

Jan 7, 2018
SFVI with a new battle producer.

Ono is cool and all but I think it's time for someone new to run the show, preferably someone who's worked on the earlier games.

Jakisthe

Oct 25, 2017
I'd release MvC2, UMvC3, Darkstalkers 3, Power Stone 2, CvS2, Project Justice, and CvT with the best netcode I could possibly muster, probably for something like $15-$20 each, and see which ones do best vs expectations, at which point I'd do a budget scaled sequel - so if CvS2 does the best, I'd do a sequel which could still stay within budget given the actual magnitude of playerbase.

Of course, if I was being purely into what *I* want as someone who likes Capcom fighters, and not a businessperson, I'd release an AAA Capcom All Stars with the following roster:

Ryu
Chun Li
Juri
Q
Leon
Wesker
Nemesis
Dante
Vergil
V
Nero
Megaman
Zero
Tron Bonne
Dr. Wily
ProtoMan
Jedah
Morrigan
Felicia
Hsien-Ko
Batsu Ichimonji
Akira Kazama
Hayato Kanzaki
Edward Falcon
Ayame
Asura
Zack & Wiki
Vanessa Z. Schneider
Haggar
Poison
Cody
Amaterasu
William Grey
Viewtiful Joe
Firebrand
Frank West
Arthur
Strider
Phoenix Wright
Wayne Holden w/ VS
Monster Hunter
Vertical Tank
The Arisen
Regina
Nathan Spencer
Samanosuke Akechi
Nobunaga Oda
Date Masamune
Tessa
Sissel
Gene
Harman Smith
Nina
Frank West

3v3, with the same active tag system as MvCI. I mean, if I'm being unrealistic, why not go all out?

Charismagik

Oct 27, 2017
Just do a goddamn darkstalkers game. Put SF on the shelf for a while because I'm tired of seeing those same characters

Sep 19, 2019
Hamburg- Germany
I would call my game "Capcom's Bum Fighters".

It would be in a time when video gaming past its prime and all famous characters became workless and homeless and have to fight to survive obviously.
It could even be a semi open world fighting game.

Just an initial thought...

Jan 11, 2019
So in my vision of the game you play as the Dune-Pirates. They are ancient rivals of Ryu and Ken and are awesome at sitting under a waterfall. Their goal is to be the best kart racers in the world so they must raise a chocobo garden in order to produce fuel for the karts. In this game, which is a 3D pixel-art 1v1 team brawler you fight to earn energy points in order to purchase chocobo food which in turn produce fuel so you can become the best kart racers. You also gain additional fuel by sitting under the waterfall, this currency is called mind-fuel and it's my idea of one of the various premium currencies in the game.

Now here is where it gets interesting:

In this game, you earn energy points through fights. But in order to win a fight you must wear the opponent down with secret moves and a minigame which in which you build a sandcastle. Then you can earn premium points if you also win the kart race at the beginning of the match. Ryu and Megaman are better at sandcastles while sandcastle-man is awesome at kart-racing. So then the in-game-economy consists of 4 currencies which you must acquire through various interesting tasks. In between fights players must feed and pet their chocobos the license to which I would of course purchase from Sega. Sonic would also be there. Chocobos then produce love and understanding which can be trained for money at the local training center. The Dune Pirates then have to purchase fuel in the local fuel center. The fuel center is a marketplace where players may also purchase fuel with in-game-currency purchaseable through flower-coins which are purchaseable with fight-money which can, again, also be acquired by minitransactions*.

The card-trading game also integrated into the kart-racing lends a certain roguelike element to the game. At the beginning of the round a player never knows which of the 2 base-level cards they get. The rest of the 459 cards can be unlocked though various means**. Upon losing (or winning) a match the cards are lost and players need to unlock them again. The cards offer such bonuses like "5% increase in sand-generation through low-kicks" or "34% spirit level acceleration."

I really feel like this game could be the Clayfighters of Kart Racers.

*these are roughly the size of microtransactions but smaller.
** credit cards and digital payment methods are accepted.

5pectre

Nov 16, 2017
I'd either opt for a Tatsunoko vs Capcom 2 with a slightly larger cast. Keep it 2v2 but with the tag in mechanic from MVC:I.

or

Capcom vs SNK 3 with the ISM and Grooves from CvS2. Fix the roll cancel nonesense and have assets from SF V and KoF XIV

liquidtmd

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Marvel Vs Capcom 4 but classic 2D sprites in the vein of Marvel Vs Capcom 1

I would lose Capcom all of the money

Backup plan: look exactly at the art style of the next Guilty Gear and do that

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
If i'm in-charge and it's a crossover fighter, all of my favorites are getting in before I even make the rest of the roster lol.

Skunk

Oct 28, 2017
ArkSys style cel shaded Street Fighter Alpha 4. Complete A3 roster, some unused Final Fight characters, new characters, regular affordable season passes that include all new characters/stages/costumes, no fight money.

Arcade, long form story mode, improved world tour mode.

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Capcom vs Capcom? Screw that!

Give me another Marvel Super Heroes. Now is the time, Marvel is bigger than ever and the "X-men ban" is over with.
3v3.
celshaded.
Would of course include favorites like Magneto, Doom etc. But also newcomers like Daredevil, Ms Marvel, Songbird, Elza Bloodstone, a F4 rep and more obscure characters thats gonna be in the mcu like Shang-chi, Black Knight, Sersi and Blade (who's not really obscure but).

Timppis

Banned
Apr 27, 2018
OH SHIT
IM NOT QUALIFIED
THIS IS A NIGHTMARE
I came to say this. Why the hell would someone appoint me in charge of a fighting game out of all genres. Horrible decision by anyone who made it.

Also it's going to be physics based one-hit kill fighter with weapons. And Dinosaurs. And Aliens. Also Pirates and Ninjas. With 90's saturday morning cartoon aestethics and art direction.

Yeah... not a good call by the big shots.

retroman

Oct 31, 2017
My dream fighting game is Capcom VS Sega. The cast would be something like this:

Ryu VS Akira Yuki
Chun-Li VS Pai Chan
Mega Man VS Sonic The Hedgehog
Dr. Wily VS Dr. Robotnik
Strider Hiryu VS Joe Musashi
Dante VS Bayonetta
Batsu Ichimonji VS Ryo Hazuki
Daigo Kazama VS Kazuma Kiryu
Arthur VS Gillius Thunderhead
Sonson VS Alex Kidd
Captain Commando VS Rent-A-Hero
Cody VS Axel Stone
Maki VS Blaze Fielding
Chris Redfield VS Agent G
Yun VS Beat
Cammy VS Sarah Bryant
Mega Twins VS Wonderboy
Midnight Wanderers VS Gunstar Heroes
Gene VS Sketch Turner
Etc. etc. etc.

Last edited:

Yossarian

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I came to say this. Why the hell would someone appoint me in charge of a fighting game out of all genres. Horrible decision by anyone who made it.

Also it's going to be physics based one-hit kill fighter with weapons. And Dinosaurs. And Aliens. Also Pirates and Ninjas. With 90's saturday morning cartoon aestethics and art direction.

Yeah... not a good call by the big shots.

I'm interested in this.

JooJ

Oct 27, 2017
Capcom has tasked you, yes you, as the decision maker for next fighting game project. So assured in you they've deigned to give you all the money to make your dream a reality.

So what are you going to make?

For me I always go to one answer (and also I've made like two threads on it); Capcom Fighting All-Stars! This game would be a celebration of Capcom's history of awesome, iconic characters all finally in their own game unencumbered by goobers like Iron Man and Sentinel. It would feature:

- 2v2 four button gameplay like in Tatsunoko vs. Capcom.

- Three Assist Types per character.

- Multiple game modes like Arcade (with actual endings this time), Survival, Time Attack, Cross Battle Mode akin to the special mode of MvC1, where four players each control one character, and a dedicated Training Mode that teaches newcomers how to play the game beyond throwing words and button inputs at them.

- A huge museum of art, character bios and history dedicated to the legacy of Capcom to teach new players about the parts of the roster they may be unfamiliar with.

And here's my dream roster, with some of the roster recycled from MvC3 and Infinite to cut costs and have a sizable number of characters in lieu of restarting from scratch.

Ryu/Chun-Li/Akuma
Dante/Vergil
Chris/Wesker
Mega Man X/Zero/Sigma/Tron
Monster Hunter/Haggar/Viewtiful Joe/Amaterasu/Frank West
Morrigan/Jedah/Phoenix Wright/Strider Hiryu/Arthur

With newcomers:

Rashid
Roll
Akira Kazama (Rival Schools)
J.Talbain
Regina
Jill Valentine (rebuilt from the ground up and based on her MvC2 incarnation)
Nero
Lady
Nina (Breath of Fire)
Asura
Captain Commando
Gene (God Hand)
Garcian Smith (Killer7)

For a total of 34 characters, 13 built from the ground up.

This if well made like Smash would be the only fighter I'd buy.

Edit: Oops forgot Power Stone 3. I'll take that.

NZerker12

Oct 25, 2017
Capcom vs SNK 3 with a larger roster than 2.

Capcom

1. Ryu
  2. Ken
  3. Chun-Li
  4. Guile
  5. Zangief
  6. Dhalsim
  7. Blanka
  8. E-Honda
  9. Balrog
  10. Vega
  11. Sagat
  12. M.Bison
  13. Cammy
  14. Juri
  15. Dan
  16. Sakura
  17. Urien
  18. Cody
  19. Guy
  20. Maki
  21. Eagle
  22. Morrigan
  23. Dante
  24. Vergil
  25. Monster Hunter
  26. Jill Valentine
  27. Akuma
  28. Evil Ryu
  29. Violent Ken
  30. Shin Akuma
SNK

1. Kyo Kusanagi
  2. Iori Yagami
  3. Terry Bogard
  4. Andy Bogard
  5. Mai Shiranui
  6. Ryo Sakazuki
  7. Robert Garcia
  8. Yuri Sakazaki
  9. King
  10. Joe Higashi
  11. Kim
  12. Chang & Choi
  13. Geese
  14. Rock Howard
  15. Yamazaki
  16. Haohmaru
  17. Nakoruru
  18. Shiki
  19. Hibiki
  20. Athena Asamiya
  21. K'
  22. Kula Diamond
  23. B.Jennet
  24. Vice
  25. Leona
  26. Benamaru
  27. Rugal
  28. Orochi Iori
  29. Mr. Karate
  30. God Rugal
Final Boss: Asura (Akuma and Rugal hybrid from CVS2 God Rugal ending)

Oyashiro-Sama

Oct 27, 2017
CAPCOM VS SNK 3

• You will experience the most exciting battle in history!
  • Will have battles that are about to explode!
  • Gonna have matches to remember!
  • You will feel the intensity when power and technique collide!
  • Battles beyond your imagination!
  • This tournament will be held under the 3 ratio system!
  • If you choose the wrong groove, you just may lose!
  • WELCOME TO THE REVOLUTION!

y2kyle89

Mar 16, 2018
Mass
Marvel Super Heroes 2. Gameplay like MvCI with an Into the Spider-verse aesthetic. Story is Beyonder has made a friend and is now really into tag team matches and has made a bunch of false Infinity Stones so this Secret Tag Team Tournament is All New All Different. Final Boss is Beyonder and Ingrid.