• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MIMIC

Dec 18, 2017
"You're OK, you're fine."

Wow, this really stuck out to me. I practice administrative law (prosecutor) and in my last case which involved sexual assault, the guy said the exact same thing to his victim.

Frankish

Oct 25, 2017
USA
So just to be clear, your argument earlier is that black voters are the backbone of the Democrat party, so they should go to Klobuchar, who had possibly the worst polling among black voters among any of the top 5 or so in the primaries?

I'm only talking about ideology. I think it would be more fair for Biden's delegates to back a more moderate progressive rather than Bernie, because Biden's voters specifically rejected Bernie. You're free to disagree with that.

I'm just pulling names like Kerry and Klob outta my ass and that's all anyone is responding to. It could be anyone. I'll throw out one more name so folks can focus on it and ignore the rest of my post, like they've been doing: Michelle Obama.

Arkeband

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
I'm only talking about ideology. I think it would be more fair for Biden's delegates to back a more moderate progressive rather than Bernie, because Biden's voters specifically rejected Bernie. You're free to disagree with that.

I'm just pulling names like Kerry and Klob outta my ass and that's all anyone is responding to. It could be anyone. I'll throw out one more name so folks can focus on it and ignore the rest of my post, like they've been doing: Michelle Obama.

That's not the only thing you're pulling out of your ass - the claim that Biden's voters "specifically rejected" Bernie is so outrageous that you cannot possibly be serious.

When I voted for Bernie in the 2016 primary and then Hillary in the general, was I "specifically rejecting" Hillary? No? OK then!

Stop repeating anti-Sanders talking points, they're usually this intellectually bankrupt and they exist first and foremost just to get under people's skin.

WetWaffle

Oct 25, 2017
One on hand you're telling women you don't care if they're sexually assualted if you vote for Biden, but if you don't you're telling minorities and LGBT+ that you don't care about their rights should Trump win and pack the SC. Assuming Biden gets the nomination of course. Really wish Warren didn't drop out.

Bramblebutt

Banned
Jan 11, 2018
I don't have any convictions about what WILL happen. I'm just trying to dispel the notion that Sanders should be automatically coronated if Biden drops like many are suggesting.

If Biden drops there will likely be a contested convention where delegates can vote for whoever they want. Can they vote for Bernie? Sure. I don't think they should, but they certainly could. Are you asking me whether they will do that? I have no friggin clue and neither does anyone else. It could be Bernie or it could be a compromise candidate from out of left field.

I personally think a compromise candidate would be more fair. Obviously all the Bernie stans here are gonna disagree with that, and that's fine. That's why I'm not responding to every post.

But there should not and won't be a coronation for Bernie even if Biden drops.

What I'm trying to say here is that what you consider a compromise candidate seems wildly divergent of what most polling indicates most Democratic voters might consider an amenable replacement to Biden, should he drop out. By those metrics, the compromise candidate looks a lot more like Bernie than any of the Democratic Party's available centrist functionaries.

Nerokis

Oct 25, 2017
I don't care for Biden, but please don't give it Bernie.

Honestly, he's probably the nominee. I don't even know who the next in line should be.

when the person in 1st drops out, who do we give it to?

the person in 2nd, who at one point was the front runner, remains highly mathematically viable, and seems to have won the primary at least on a policy level of polls are anything to go by?

or perhaps we should give it to Elizabeth Warren, Amy Klobuchar, or John Kerry (who didn't run but who cares they all did about as well)

Sep 14, 2019
So we have to choose between a rapist and a rapist?

Goodness, I can actually hear Biden say those things. The way it's written is the way he actually speaks, like when he realizes what he did and tries to "console" her is the way he consoles other people.

Horrible she had to go through that...

Deleted member 4413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck this guy. I've never liked him since those videos of him man handling women and girls came about. I am not shocked at all that he is a rapist.

What the fuck are we supposed to do here though? I need a realistic answer because if we get another 4 years of Trump, the Supreme Court is going to have a super majority that will fuck this place up even worse (oh yes, America can get much worse than it already is) for generations to come.

At this point the only answer I can come up with is to vote for Biden based on the fact we would get good Supreme Court picks. That baring some miracle and Bernie wins the nom or Biden and Trump both die of coronavirus.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck this guy. I've never liked him since those videos of him man handling women and girls came about. I am not shocked at all that he is a rapist.

What the fuck are we supposed to do here though? I need a realistic answer because if we get another 4 years of Trump, the Supreme Court is going to have a super majority that will fuck this place up even worse (oh yes, America can get much worse than it already is) for generations to come.

At this point the only answer I can come up with is to vote for Biden based on the fact we would get good Supreme Court picks. That baring some miracle and Bernie wins the nom or Biden and Trump both die of coronavirus.
Vote down ballot in the hopes to wrest control of the supreme court away from the repubs. Feel free to leave the president vote blank if Biden is the nominee.

Sendero

Oct 25, 2017
"You're OK, you're fine."

Wow, this really stuck out to me. I practice administrative law (prosecutor) and in my last case which involved sexual assault, the guy said the exact same thing to his victim.
Yeah. Literally the part when he freaks out, and first start to blame her, then to quickly switch and try to gaslight her, was what made the narration feel real.

Again, right now, this is a she says/he says situation.
But if the accusation is real, there is a trail left to be tracked. Including the formal complain (and Biden staffers, from back then).

thoughthaver

Banned
Feb 6, 2020
if we're gonna keep bringing up losers to run in the general, at least make it entertaining. bring hillary back. make 2020 an extended grudge match between the clinton janissaries and the trump pepes. if we're gonna do hellworld, do it the right way.

AzorAhai

Oct 29, 2017
Sorry for this woman. I hope she doubles down.

Please America can you be reasonable for once? The rest of the world would appreciate it.

Rayne

Oct 25, 2017
Huh? Hilary, Obama? What you saying?

You're really trying to suggest rape apology/brushing off is something new to politics? And using Hillary as an example of all things. Edit: I see you already answered this.

And yeah Obama had to be squeaky clean (in comparison I'm not saying he's perfect). He was black. He'd been tarred and feathered if he wasn't.

Deleted member 8860

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Biden currently has only 1100 of the 1900 delegates he needs to win the nomination. There are over 1700 remaining delegates to be allocated in upcoming state primaries.

If the Democratic voters in the remaining primaries vote give those states to Biden, I think that's a pretty clear signal that the Democratic voting base doesn't mind having a rapist as president.

If those voters vote mostly for Sanders, Sanders will win the nom outright. If the voters vote for anyone except Biden or Sanders, we'll have a contested convention where the delegates will be able to come to a consensus pick.

It's not November yet. Let's not give up all hope.

Imperfected

Nov 9, 2017
If Biden drops out, the responsible thing to do would probably be to do a mail-in or online re-vote to give them a chance to choose a new candidate. Keep everyone else who was on the original ballot available. Yes, this is just going to be functionally the same as passing the nomination to Bernie, but letting people actually have their vote count is important.

We're probably going to need to arrange a mail-in or online voting for the entire rest of the electoral process anyway, so no reason the states that already voted shouldn't be included.

Drek

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly, let Warren have it if it goes down to that, as a compromise. Anything is better than Trump or Biden.
At that point they might as well give it to Sanders. Warren polls worse against Trump in a head to head than both Biden and Sanders and that is not accounting for the reality bias against female candidates. She'd get slaughtered in swing states.

If we're going to lose might as well let Sanders take the L so his cohort can have their wish, because we'll get 4 more years of Trump and probably a made for reality TV Ivanka or Don Jr.! 2024 GOP primary to follow.

Sorry for this woman. I hope she doubles down.

Please America can you be reasonable for once? The rest of the world would appreciate it.
What part of the rest of the world?

The UK is currently being led by round Trump and had the initial plan of speed running COVID, trading "a few pensioners" for market protection.

France directly drug NATO into Libya just a few years ago.

Germany is dicking around with ventilators and masks being sent into Italy.

Russia is an oligarchy.

China is too, just masquerading as communist.

Japanese candidates can't get elected if they're honest about WWII crimes.

South Korea had insane ass political scandals just a couple years ago.

Brazil is led by as insane a person as Trump.

Canada is mostly normal I guess, but then you have a major province which includes the largest metro area being ran by Doug Ford, a coke head who doesn't understand how money works and who leads, I shit you not, the "Ontario Progressive Conservative Party".

Maybe humans just fucking suck?

BobLoblaw

This Guy Helps
Oct 27, 2017
Canada is mostly normal I guess, but then you have a major province which includes the largest metro area being ran by Doug Ford, a coke head who doesn't understand how money works and who leads, I shit you not, the "Ontario Progressive Conservative Party".

Maybe humans just fucking suck?
Do Prime Ministers dress up in blackface everywhere?

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
For what it's worth, I voted for the Liberals in the last Canadian federal election despite the fact that I also wanted Justin Trudeau, the leader of the party, to resign the very next day because of his objectionable conduct. He's actually done a decent job thus far in his 2nd term but a good number of other people in that party could have done the same.

Now the difference there is that I was voting for a member of parliament for whom their success was also ensuring Trudeau would remain as prime minister. I wasn't voting for Trudeau directly. And I honestly can't say that I would have been able to last fall because I wasn't faced with that choice.

But one thing I WAS compelled to vote for was the only viable option that wouldn't lead to a more reprehensible outcome. Namely Andrew Scheer being prime minister. Which would have been a disaster. In much the same way that Donald Trump as president is a disaster. And if I was in the United States, I'd be hard-pressed to think of anyone the Democrats could put up as their nominee - no matter how reprehensible a human being and even if I wished for them to die of a heart attack the second after they won - that would deter me from backing them over Donald John Trump.

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If any Trump supporters are going to jump on this. I'm going to just bring up Trump's arguably worse history with the same subject.

(Also people should vote Bernie).

BobLoblaw

This Guy Helps
Oct 27, 2017
If any Trump supporters are going to jump on this. I'm going to just bring up Trump's arguably worse history with the same subject.

(Also people should vote Bernie).
It's pretty clear that 70-80% of the party doesn't want him, so force-feeding him will likely result in the same thing that happened to Hillary.

But honestly, I really hate having to decide which of these 2 rapists is less bad
Always vote for the person who raped...less? :( Fuck

Deepwater

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is the idea here that The Intercept is biased or not a credible journalism outlet? We do this rodeo every time where y'all don't believe things until it shows up in the Washington Post or New York Times.

Goodstyle

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
And just like that, any talk of Trump's sexual indiscretions (AKA being a serial assaulter/rapist), is going to be immediately countered with this towards Biden, and he'll deserve it because if these allegations are true Biden shouldn't be on the ticket or even be in politics at all. But if this is vetted and determined to be less than credible, it's still going to be hammered home and talked about constantly in the media. We are heading into an electoral disaster.

Deleted member 48897

Banned
Oct 22, 2018
Is the idea here that The Intercept is biased or not a credible journalism outlet? We do this rodeo every time where y'all don't believe things until it shows up in the Washington Post or New York Times.

Well you see they reported on the Obama drone strike program and you saw how that turned out to be a whole lot of noth-- excuse me, I'm getting confirmation that it was actually a whole lot of much things.

Status
Not open for further replies.