• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Milky Way

Oct 29, 2017
Yeah, Biden needs to drop out. Trump will crush him with this. What a fucking disgrace. Fuck Joe Biden

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
For shaming the media?

She's been ignored for almost 30 years, but her account was given valure only when Biden almost had the presidential nomination, and you accuse me of shaming her?

And yes, podcasts are media.

Read better my post.

yea, it's totally the medias fault that Biden is a creep

what's funny is that the media at large coddles the fuck out of him

do better

PMS341

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
The Biden camp and the DNC need to speak on this ASAP or it's only going to look worse.

Kareha

Banned
Jun 15, 2018
United Kingdom
Like this?
eKcBG6R.gif

gsCQBtP.gif

Eww, they look fucking terrified to be next to him.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Biden needs to drop out, and we need to at least give Bernie the shot he deserves. I'm not confident he'll be a slam dunk win, but I think come debate time he'll absolutely clobber.

PMS341

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Trump, and conservatives, don't care. Every accusation they make is projection anyway.

This. They contradict themselves every day and don't ever give a shit. If he tells his base to bark (or Fox News does it for him), they will bark.

Milky Way

Oct 29, 2017
I do not think Trump, of all people, can hammer him for this specific point. Biden should still drop out. Can Elizabeth Warren drop in again?

trump is exactly the person to hammer this point. his base doesn't give a shit about his accusations. He will repeat it over and over and over and rile up his crowd and Fox News. Give me a break

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Biden needs to drop out, and we need to at least give Bernie the shot he deserves. I'm not confident he'll be a slam dunk win, but I think come debate time he'll absolutely clobber.
He's also a rare specimen in Washington as a male who rose to this level of influence/power without being a disgusting creep or rapist.
He 100% deserves the nom, but we all already know that.

Deleted member 7130

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I do not think Trump, of all people, can hammer him for this specific point. Biden should still drop out. Can Elizabeth Warren drop in again?
Trump says all manner of things without a shred of self awareness or shame. Part of the idea of chosing a candidate to go against Trump was to at least have our own legs to stand on when attacking him for his own indiscretion. Now all of that is off the table, because many things that Joe should attack Trump for can now be dismissed by Trump with "No, U."

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
these are so hard to watch. huge red flags for this guy since day 1 and yet the whole fucking system mobilized behind him. what a depressing fucking mess.

Again, this is an extremely damning indictment of the US political system.

Not a single person on the debate stage this last year, including Sanders, came after Joe for his history of inappropriate touching. None of them are willing to risk their careers to call a spade a spade. He's a powerful, well-connected politician, and many of them even consider themselves Joe's friend outside of the debate stage. Voters saw this footage and tried to rationalize it.

Turns out predators and political power go hand in hand.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
He's also a rare specimen in Washington as a male who rose to this level of influence/power without being a disgusting creep or rapist.
He 100% deserves the nom, but we all already know that.
Everything about this Biden reveal is scummy (not that we didn't already know he was at least a big creep), but the one silver lining is the sliver of hope it gives me that he fears he can't weather this and will drop out.

Spock

Oct 27, 2017
Has Biden responded to this in any way?

My guess is he's hoping the coronavirus situation overshadows the allegations long enough for them to become a non-issue. The problem with that is the Republicans can make it an issue any fucking time. I personally think he's a liability at this point and Republicans can ensure he loses to Trump whenever they want by just amplifying these allegations especially if combined with the videos of him touching kids in strange ways.

turtle553

Oct 25, 2017
Without proof like contemporary accounts of this, corroboration, or another accuser, there is no way this will have an impact.

Biden can just deny the specific assault allegation and say he's learned about being overly friendly like he already has.

Oct 26, 2017
This is gonna be similar to Northam/Trudeau's recent controversies where Biden will catch some shit from this but it'll peter out because the electorate doesn't like the implications of punishing him for it.
I think sexually forcing oneself on to a woman is going to be received a bit differently than putting on black/brown face for a costume. Not that the latter is excusable, but the former is a whole different degree of bad given the context.

Spock

Oct 27, 2017
i could straight out see trump calling Biden a rapist in the debates

I don't know what he'll say but he will prolly mention the allegations in some form and link them to the creepy videos with Joe and kids. Aka "creepy Joe Biden or creepy Uncle Joe", some shit like that.

Like the other poster said, the Republicans if smart won't mention it and let Biden secure the primary. Then they just hammer it in the GE.

The Democrats can try to say but look at Trump, but that don't hold the same weight cause Trump's base has proven they don't really give AF about that.

Republicans will just aim to inject enough doubt and outrage to encourage more Democrats to not vote. And they only need to make it stick in some states.

I think sexually forcing oneself on to a woman is going to be received a bit differently than putting on black/brown face for a costume. Not that the latter is excusable, but the former is a whole different degree of bad given the context.
You underestimate how pervasive the defense of rapists is in America. For a long of people, things change when the accused is someone they see as on their side.

Zyae

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Mar 17, 2020

But the latters opponent is a multi time rapist who is on the record saying "Grab em by the pussy" and has forced multiple victims of his into signing NDAs. The guy you quoted is right, people hate Trump and are going to vote for Biden regardless of anything just as they did in 2016 with Trump out of their hate for Clinton.

Oct 26, 2017
You underestimate how pervasive the defense of rapists is in America. For a long of people, things change when the accused is someone they see as on their side.
Ever since Trump was nominated, Democrats have taken these sorts of allegations seriously, which was reinforced by cases like Al Franken's, Kavanaugh's, and others caught up in the MeToo movement. If this gets big, it will be a bad, bad look for democrats after the last 4 years of unifying against this kind of behavior. And if they don't address this at all if the story gets big, then it will show that their concern for women's issues was ultimately political opportunism.

But the latters opponent is a multi time rapist who is on the record saying "Grab em by the pussy" and has forced multiple victims of his into signing NDAs. The guy you quoted is right, people hate Trump and are going to vote for Biden regardless of anything just as they did in 2016 with Trump out of their hate for Clinton.
People will be fine voting for Biden no doubt if he is the nominee because that will mean the DNC is exonerating him. But if this explodes before the primaries resume, this is going to be a big problem for them.

m_shortpants

Oct 25, 2017
Biden always struck me as a creep. The story is disgusting. Unfortunately, I don't think it will have much of an impact on his nomination.

Stay losing, Dems.

Oct 28, 2017
They should be calling and verifying basic facts. Read Catch and Kill or listen to the podcast.
But conservative outlets will run stories about allegations long before they confirm anything. They do it all the time. They care far more about controlling the narrative, muddying the waters and political advantage than any truth. It is very odd to me that they aren't running with this story and the allegations straight away given their gravity and the political advantage it would afford. It seems like something they would hammer the minute it has been revealed. Normally, a story like this would be one of the top stories on the New York Post site. It would be on Fox from 8 o'clock until 11. It isnt even mentioned. It is strange that they aren't all over this yet. It's very out of character.

Are they just holding back until the shadow of the coronavirus recedes?

Sendero

Oct 25, 2017
Again, this is an extremely damning indictment of the US political system.

Not a single person on the debate stage this last year, including Sanders, came after Joe for his history of inappropriate touching. None of them are willing to risk their careers to call a spade a spade. He's a powerful, well-connected politician, and many of them even consider themselves Joe's friend outside of the debate stage. Voters saw this footage and tried to rationalize it.

Turns out predators and political power go hand in hand.
While I agree that the Political system (much like Police and other institutions) tends to protect its own members, let me comment on the point about the candidates:

It's well known that Sanders camp have tons of talking points against Biden. They allegedly decided to hold off, for 2 reasons: First, because they wanted to use it once the rest of the candidates dropped off (of course, nobody expected how things turned out).

The other main reason, is because Sanders did not want to run a smear campaign. Which make sense, because his focus was on bringing young people, so alienating the political space would be counter productive later. Now, historically, the Left has always been held to a much higher standard, which became pretty clear when Castro attacked Biden. Pointing out his weaknesses and unsuitability actually made the electorate and the moderate Democrats feel like it was an unfair attack, specifically coming from another male.

Multiple annalists argued that Sanders couldn't even defeat Biden. But realistically speaking, if Sanders had gone full scorched Earth, he would had plenty of ammunition to achieve it. But given the conditions of the process, it just became harder by the day. That's why Warren's approach was so incredibly disappointing for me:

She and Biden had bad history for decades. In multiple occasion he fought to thwart Warren's effort to bring accountability to Wall Street. Everyone expected her to run part of her campaign on that. Early on she signalled that, indeed, it would be her approach. But at the end, she decided against it (it's unclear why). So, here we are.

Apologize for derailing the topic, though.

Sep 14, 2019
I watched The View today, wondering if their golden child's allegations were going to be brought up.

Nope. Nothing. Not a mention.

Instead the had Newt Gingrich.

Not surprised. They've been pushing for Biden even before he announced he was running.

Oct 30, 2017
Trump, and conservatives, don't care. Every accusation they make is projection anyway.
Exactly.
Trump is always projecting.

And conservatives making fun of Biden for stammering or sloppy answers is rich when you listen to Trump speak. He mispronounces words and often cannot string together sentences. He makes words up. He often fumbles through really basic questions.

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017
Is CNN ever going to do a report on this or...? Crazy how this is being ignored.

Guys, there are journalistic standards at play here.

Like, you should want real news to tap the brakes and confirm stuff before running it. The story can wait 48 hours for them to make sure they have this water tight and can nail the story. Because if they get some tiny detail wrong and run with it that will be pointed to as the "proof" that it isn't real.

They'll be getting things like dates of employment, confirm smaller details (i.e. the cocktail party) with others and come at the story with at least the surrounding facts confirmed and locked down before running this.

steveovig

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

What exactly does he deserve? He lost one Primary and is just about the lose another one, if Biden doesn't drop out. We need another option besides these two goofs.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Bernie couldn't even win the primaries. How'd he fucking crush anyone?
You misunderstand why anyone voted for Biden in the first place - which is to remove Trump, or return to life when they didn't need to listen/pay attention to Trump(or any president for that matter) squawk every fucking day simply because he's running the country. Nobody was "inspired" by Biden, they just see him as a safe choice.

Add Biden's "safety" vote count to Bernie's voters/base(even if you want to make the argument that not enough Sanders voters turned out), AND Warren's voters/people who want to see an inspiring woman leading the country, and you have a god damned blowout.

Status
Not open for further replies.